Masters Running

Tootsday, 6.7.16 (Read 30 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

'Nother busy day today, with a 3-hr. meeting starting at 9, so this is just a quick walk-by.

6.5 RW tempo miles at the usual time this morning, in 60F temps under skies that started fairly clear, but then began to cloud over. Working on cadence was hard work this morning, but it was good work too. It was raining by the time I left for this short stay at the office, so I was glad to get out early and not break Twocat's Rule.

Have a greta Tootsday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I broke the rule, and even took my shirt off to do it!  But before I got wet, I got to see an almost complete double rainbow.  Made me sorry that my phone dosen't travel with me on runs.  I had thought it was due to a fog bank, since the clouds didn't look heavy enough to rain.  Anyway, 3.1 drippy miles--hard to know where the rain ended and the sweat started, since pretty sure it was 100% humidity at 63°.

Off for a two day excursion to Bentonville, NC tomorrow.  Have to check that weather--isn't there a tropical storm coming through?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Sayhey! MM#130

Good start to the day; I can keep up my end: 8 miles this am.  How come you never hear about the calm AFTER the storm?  We just had big rain yesterday, no hurricane/tornado action.  And this am was really pretty, enjoyed the breeze on the way out, but had to step it up just to keep pace on the way back!

Kevin, storm is over there today, so fingers crossed, you should be ok tomorrow.  (Thanks for link on FB.  You scooped Chris last night!)

Anyone here use snapchat?  Any thoughts?

DH is not a poetry guy, but I'm making inroads -- Billy Collins is a big help.

I wonder if there's a 5K around this weekend.    My friend Tia is running her 100th half in Atlanta.

Have lovely Tuesdays!

GRINS,

a

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

TammyinGP

pulled up results from my 10K race this past saturday. closer than I thought. 3rd AG was 1:02:17, I was 1:02:25 and 5th AG was 1:02:30.   Now I keep thinking 'dang, if I would have pushed myself just a bit more each mile' 

hard to believe Liz will be here in one week!! yay! Can't wait!

Tammy

Just for the record it is not "Twocat's rule!"  It is the official rule #1 in the Running Rule Book. Sheesh, did you all not get a copy or something!  stumpy77 taking your shirt off does not negate the rule. There is nothing in "No running in the rain!"© about shirts. Really.

Nice and sunny here so no danger of rain running in CT this morning. I went out for 6 miles. Tried working a bit on my cadence. Not sure how I did.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

I haven't run since Saturday.  I've got a very mild stomach bug or something going on and had a bit of a fever yesterday.  So running in the 83F heat last night did not seem appealing or wise and I had too much else to do, then was so tired on top of it.  Bought shoes to go with my new dress - wearing this stuff today for a special event tonight.  I think my coworkers are shocked to see me dressed up.    The dress has a very flattering cut - I was so lucky to find it.

Have good runs all, rain or no rain, and I am also happy to see Carolyn running again!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Tammy - nice running.  I know what you mean, though - wouldn't it be nice if we could see who was ahead of us in our AG during a race?

Amy - DD snapchats all the time, as well as instagramming constantly, but I don't know much about either.

No run for me today. I set my alarm for 4:30am so DH could get up and take his mom to the airport, then I fell back asleep without resetting it for 5:30.  Oh well.  Another day of rest won't hurt me.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tip toeing in ... I guess I have been running. I saw a huge snapping turtle a couple of days ago.

Billy Collins is where I would start

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

No worry. Everybody's a tiptoer compared to posters

like MikeE, Steve and maybe some others.

Tip toeing in ... I guess I have been running. I saw a huge snapping turtle a couple of days ago. 

Snapping turtles? are you practicing for a triathlon?

does you dog run/swim with you.

Do dogs ever get bit by snapping turtles as sometimes happens up in porcupine country?

wouldn't it be nice if we could see who was ahead of us in our AG during a race? 

Magic-marking ages on calves makes triathlons is especially fun for us bop side-strokers and dog-paddlers to see the ages of all the speedy swimmers who we're catching up to and passing on the bike and run, . . . . or, at least, it used to be fun when I could. Now they're just regular fun mostly by myself.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

I broke the rule, and even took my shirt off to do it!  But before I got wet, I got to see an almost complete double rainbow.  Made me sorry that my phone dosen't travel with me on runs.  I had thought it was due to a fog bank, since the clouds didn't look heavy enough to rain.  Anyway, 3.1 drippy miles--hard to know where the rain ended and the sweat started, since pretty sure it was 100% humidity at 63°.

That sounds perfect.

SteveP