Masters Running

Wednesday Daily, 10.3.12 (Read 381 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

So, have you seeing a difference between our generation's work ethics and the younger generation? 

that's for sure. I like them doing it way more than me doing it.

Besides they are way smarter, . .

and do things with those magical little gadgets that my computer can not even do.

At a recent meeting with two 20-something volunteers, I was wondering how best to explain a complicated problem when, as I watched in awe, they started analyzing it on their own and came up with a much better strategy. It'll be no surprise but one of them was your DS. thanks. .   

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

[Rant On]

Law enforcement finally named the guy they arrested re the hit-and-run of the runners, and it and the murder in Hoopa are related.  He was facing a 6-year prison term for felony robbery and was out on a plea under the Cruz waiver, which states if you don't show up for your sentencing date, you're facing a longer prison term.  For him, he would be facing 9 years instead of 6.  Well, golly gee, Wally - guess who didn't show up for his court date and a bench warrant had been issued?!?  Being in a law office, we have access to info the general public doesn't.  It looks like the guy killed the woman in Hoopa the same day he got released from jail.  This guy has been convicted of other felonies, and has a lengthy juvenile record.  More than likely, he was released because of jail overcrowding. 

Sorry to vent here, but what happened to these women and their families was so senseless and avoidable.  I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it and I don't even know any of the victims.   . . . . . .

[Rant Off]

Maybe tell the survivor and families that you're posting about it and we're all greiving for them too. I can't look at a single runner along the roadways now without thinking about how easily it could happen anywhere too (except maybe rhoon-land but he has other issues).  

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Love the picture Mary!! Happy dogs and colorful trees!!

Crunchy Leaves!!!!

I don't know about generations Nancy, I've seen a change in work ethics in myself since entering the labor force....I don't show up still tipsy from the night before.

Good News OM..Love the dog suggestion.

I've said, "Bring it on girly" to my PT.  Wow he kicked my butt.

Leslie, it's a travesty.

SteveP

Bushrat Runner

Great job getting the runs in folks. And yes, Tet, I do have issues...but if you keep bringing them up I may get a complex...Smile

Okay, probably not. I am actually hesitant to run on the main road here because it is like lots of country roads, somewhat narrow. I really prefer running in the middle of the road on the flattest part (really, we get to have preferences like this when we live in places like this...) and for that I have to keep back away from the main route. But I had an experience some years ago that got my attention. I was running past the post office and a vehicle was pulling out of the post office. I was looking right at the driver, and she was looking right at me. She was stopped and looking straight at me, and not acting like she was in a hurry or anything, so I was starting to turn to run around in front of her. As I got a couple steps closer, I noticed that what appeared to be her looking at me was really her doing the thousand mile stare through me. As I was realizing this, she started to swing her eyes forward, and the little pickup she was driving started moving forward. I had just enough time to stop where I was and her passenger side mirror missed me by about a foot as she rolled out into the road in a left turn and left. I don't think she ever knew I was there. So yes, I have other issues. But I have the unsafe drivers issue as well.

Today I intended to run. I really did. But at lunch time it was blowing 30 mph and pouring sideways rain. I don't think of myself as a wimp, but I didn't go out in that. 

Legs are sore though, feels good to be running enough to make them hurt a bit.