Masters Running

Tuesday Runs, Walks & whatnots Go to Mary's please (Read 313 times)

Woke to another 1 inch snow overnight

We had 15 straight days of snow then none (0, zip,nada) on Sunday, yeah!

Mostly just 1 or 2 inch snows, biggest was 3 in the evening then 2 more overnite for 5 in 12 hours

DD made it home from Texas trip last night, Cleveland airport had power outage Sunday & had to shutdown so they were backed up yesterday.

No run for me today, shopping for new family room furniture tonight w/DW

We are going to give DS the old stuff when he's ready to make the move

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Speaking of furniture, I put my DS's bedroom set on Craigslist and got 5 email replies within 2 hours.  Sold it the same night.  Wow!

I had a nice run this morning. Not quite as cold and not quite as windy. I think this deep freeze down here may be easing. 7 miles total. 4 miles easy to warm up, 2 miles at HM pace (7:54, 7:51 a bit quick), then 1 mile to cool down.

Have a great day everyone.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

dg.

is Mary having a party?

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Yea!   A Polar Pool Party.   We'll just use DH's ice auger to get us started .......

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

No, a hot tub party!

We can sit in the hot tub while it snows, drinking wine and listening to warm music.  Tropical songs.  Or maybe listening to the fire.  You don't mind if we build a bonfire in your backyard, do you?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

No problem Holly - we love bon fires and have plenty of wood.    I have to run out and buy a hot tub though!  Big grin

~Mary

~unknown

dg.

what should I bring?

Marathon Maniac #957

Telescoping skewers, so we can roast marshmallows without getting out of the water... .

What kind of wine goes best with marshmallows?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I have the telescoping skewers and marshmallows too.

Dg - you bring Dark Chocolate bars and graham crackers.

Holly - I think red wine with chocolate! 

~Mary

~unknown

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Dark chocolate S'mores?  Heresy!!  But it sounds delicious, too.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Since we're using dark chocolate, we can call it a healthy snack.

dg.

oh good... I just read ahead.   was thinking it depended on whether there was chocolate with them... Mary I agree... maybe we could go with a reasonably dry red.  otherwise,  a soft white, but both should have a bit of character.  spicey undertones.  Wink.        we can try it both ways.

chocolate & graham crackers are in the car. 

Kevin's all ready to rest from his yoga.

phytochemicals are our friends.

wildchild

Carolyn

Oooh, let's have a potluck!  Twocat, please bring some of your famous muffins!    Tallrunner, please bring some muffaleta. .  Breger, bring the crockpot.   Francesca, lasagna, please!  Mariposai, bring a Paraguayan specialty. Beers, how about some Maryland crab cakes?

I think I'll bring brownies.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Dark chocolate S'mores?  Heresy!!  But it sounds delicious, too.

Don't you mean Hershey??   Wink

Well, Carolyn has turned this into a non-healthy event and I'm ALL for it.   That is what winter layers are all about. 

~Mary

~unknown

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Carolyn, I think you might have missed the Beer's specialty

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.