Masters Running

Tue Oct 27 Runs and Workouts (Read 366 times)

It was so good to hear the positive news about Will, jlynne.  Thanks for the update

7.1 miles, 57:51, 8:09/mi, AHR 154 (79% MHR)

Steady rain.  50° but it felt cooler than that.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

King of PhotoShop

Jlynne's update was a relief, much more promising.  Hope the little guy recovers and thrives now, and it appears he will.

3 miles through some corporate campus near my hotel, the only place with any lights in Dublin, OH.  Home tonight.  Spareribs

JLynne - I'm so glad you posted last night.  We were all holding our collective breath.   I hope everyone got some rest last night.  Knowing that little Will is sedated and comfortable should help his parents get a little bit of sleep. How are you holding up?

5.57 miles in a steady cold rain.  My shoes and clothing got heavier and heavier as the rain soaked through.   That hot shower felt great!  Now for a nice bowl of steaming oatmeal...

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

dg.

good morning,

nice runs guys.   our weather might be just about like yours Lou & Harriet.  the weather channel can't make up it's mind.  I guess I'll find out. 

Thanks so much for the update Jeanne.    So good to hear, and definitely a relief.

Hey Ribs, our timing is off.   I stayed in  Dublin (the Marriot) the Friday before the marathon.   I wasn't paying too much attention to the surroundings so I don't have much of a sense of the town.  I 'grew up' just across the river in Upper Arlington, but never got over there much if at all.  Maybe we ran in the same place Smile.   Safe travels home.

I'm just about to go out for a run and read jlynne's post.  I was anxious for news all day yesterday and so pleased to hear that things went very well.  I hope Will's recovery goes as well as the surgery and will be thinking of him and his family.  I hope the parents were able to get some sleep last night.

TomS

JLynne said last night:  "You guys are the best. I am so overwhelmed with the prayers, support and love that you've so graciously given to a family you don't even know. It's been such an emotional day - God bless all of you, and I hope that some day I can repay you for your kindness." 

The only payment any of us wants is the continued good news on Little Will.  Prayers to his parents and to you as well.

3.5 easy miles.  I'm running basically 3.5 to 5 miles slow and easy every day this week.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I am so happy to hear the news JLynne!   I hope you were able to relax and get some rest last night.   Please keep us posted - we all care.

One of those days that I really did not want to get up and run, but happy that I did once I got home.  4 miles with Brinkley.   Kept my eyes open the whole time for any critters - namely Skunks.   Never saw any but did smell one.  Negative splits!!  10:20 / 10:11 / 9:51 / 9:38 - 157 avg. HR and 10:01 avg. pace

Happy Twosday!!  Smile

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Good news about Li'l Will.

No running for me - I'm putting myself on the DL.  Both achilles are hurtin', and I have a blister on the right ankle.  I probably ran too much over in the UK - when I should have been recovering from the New Hampshire marathon.  I'm just limping around like an old man these days.  Time for ibu, ice, and perhaps an MRI.  Meh.

((( PBJ ))). So sorry to hear about your blister and sore achilles. Sounds like a rest day is in order.

Gee, Lou. It's your wife's birthday. The least you could have done was to make the weather decent for her run this morning. Way to tough it out in bad weather, you two.

Glad you're easing back into your routine, Bill. When does your next training cycle begin?

Watch out for skunks, Mary! Nice negative splits this morning.

Deb, how is your recovery coming along? I hope you have that marathon medal someplace where you can see it every day!

I bet you're happy to be heading home tonight, Spareribs. It's always good to sleep in your own bed.

I'm off today and I'm waiting to run until I hopefully hear from the kids. No news is good news, I guess. You may get tired of reading this, but I won't get tired of posting this: thank you, thank you thank you. I feel like little Will has a whole bunch of new aunts and uncles.

Have a good day, good people.

Slo

Jlynne.....We don't get tired reading your updates....keep us posted !  And ask for prayers if they're needed !

I've been given the green light to get back to swimming and slowly work in other activities that do not cause pain......you'd think I'd be able to drag my lazy arse out of bed and get back to it........wow, 2 weeks can really turn you into a bum. 

I hope everyone enjoys thier runs and workouts !

Marathon Maniac #957

Jlynne – I’m so glad you checked in to let us know how little Will is doing.  I was thinking about that little guy all day yesterday.  I’m so glad the surgery went well, and will continue to keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Spareribs in Ohio?  I thought there was a disturbance in the force....If I didn’t have a full workday myself, I’d consider driving over to Dublin and dragging you off to lunch, kicking and screaming....

Eliz – hang in there....the flu can take a lot out of you...

8 surprisingly sproinky miles (ave 9:36) for me today in 48°, including 7 x 50m striders.  Other than a slight murmuring from my hamstring, legs feel great.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

Jeanne, thanks for the update on baby Will/Leo.  His little heart and arteries must be so tiny - those surgeons are amazing!    So glad he came through the surgery OK, and I hope he makes steady improvements today too.

(((PBJ)))

I didn't get out for a run yesterday because I forgot my sports bra again.  Doh!  And it was IRC at lunchtime, too.      I thought about Erika saying she just ran in her regular bra when she forgot her sports bra, but it'd get all sweaty.  So I thought I could run after work in my regular bra, but I had no time then since I had to pick up DD and go grocery shopping.   I remembered a sports bra today, and I'm planning a RAL.  IRC again today, but they're predicting a major snowstorm starting tonight sometime, up to a foot of snow in the mountains and 6" in the city.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Tramps

Nice news for Jlynne.

PBJ--ouch; take care. 

PDR--happy birthday!

Sluggish 8 miles in light rain.  Cut short a planned 10-miler; just no zip this morning.

Be safe. Be kind.

Great news about baby Will JLynne. Please keep sharing the news when you can. Hugs to you and Will's parents too. Thank goodness for the advances in medicine.

Dang---sorry to hear your news PBJ! Rest up so you can get back at it soon.

(((((Eliz))))))

H1N1 is making itself known here now---200 kids out today and 14 teachers too at the kiddo's school.

9.5 miles for me today at 8:30---grey, overcast and raw out there---38º---3 mile wu/3x1 mile (2:30)--7:00, 6:58, 6:52/3 mile cd---felt good even though my hands were cold even in gloves. Felt zippy. 

dg.

(((PBJ)))   Major Meh.   Hope this is short lived.

Karin...you were zippy.   Smile.   I hate cold hands.  Mine were Sunday but today was much warmer.   Hate to think of the kiddo out there with so much flu.   sending a protective force field.   ;-)

Holly, happy end of soccer season!    You have made an amazing comeback.   It's probably what you always do but I"m paying more attention this time.   I frowned at the hamstring murmur, then remembered I had a few murmurs myself, so .

Jeanne, thanks for making us uncles & aunts!   We won't get tired of hearing updates, the more the better.   I was talking to a relatively new parent at work this morning...  she asked me to let you know Will will be in her prayers.

I'm glad you said that about the medal, it is where I can see it but I was feeling kind of silly about it.  And thanks for asking about the recovery... it's going pretty well, I think, though I do keep thinking I really shouldn't need much since I took it easy.  

Mary, I read your post before I went to run... thanks!  I wasn't itching to get out there either, the forecast rain might have been a part of that.   I think the Beers served as a ...   rain rod.   Which was just too kind, after their marathon & it being PDR's birthday & all.   Geez I bet payback is going to be tough.  Wink

I'd hoped to do 6... ran out of time & really wasn't up to it anyway!   My zip went someplace with Tramp's.   I think I should be, but will just plod along & see how it goes.   I did push a little more than I usually do; I hope that's why.  Really was IRC.   though they are closing roads & bridges out there, I wasn't sure if I was going to get back to my car after I bypassed the barricades to get to the path.  5.11 miles, 9:51 average pace, 8:42 max.   miles 10:16, 9:51, 9:46, 9:43, & 9:39.