Masters Running

Wednesday Hump Day July 19 (Read 36 times)

Good running and eating (and biking) y'all!

3.3 to start the day.  Tired from my trip and the weather.  Have to catch up on all the work I couldn't deflect or handle while I was in Boston.  My mediation was unsuccessful, to say the least.  Let's just say I am glad the opposing party's wife went through a metal detector at the entrance to the building.....  2.2 on the treadmill after work.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Head Procrastinator

Sounds like a wasted trip, RKSA

A PBJ sighting, is that common here? For me it's definitely not so hey, Joe.

After no day off since 7/7 and a double of 30 min run and 24 mile bAW yesterday that was decidedly awful I decided to sleep in this morning.

Doing a HIIT group training after work if I can get there in time though.

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

Not wasted.  I got to meet my outside counsel and see what I'm dealing with from the other side as this matter progresses.  Besides, I got a change of pace in my running route and a good seafood lunch!  Smile

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Hi hally!

PBJ sightings are becoming more prevalent.  Kinda like bear or snake sightings on a run (or moose sightings at the airport).

Plan to run 6 today, with 4 x 1 mile @ 7:45.  Gonna use the TM.  Wish me luck - haven't gone that fast since my pre-cancer days.

I forgot to mention what I saw on my 14 miler on Sunday. It was not good.  As I approached the Twin Lakes Café (dive bar) in Amston, CT, there was a motorcyclist lying face down in the middle of the road (no helmet).  The police were already on scene, but nobody was touching him.  He didn't move at all, and his arm was definitely broken.  I assumed he was dead as I ran past.

Turns out a 19 YO had rear ended him as he was turning into the café.  The kid was in PBJster #2's grade in high school.  The motorcyclist was taken by ambulance to the hospital with life-threatening injuries (critical condition), but he was still alive.  I'm guessing the 19 YO will be charged.  Two lives completely changed in in instant.

Be careful out there...

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy howdy!

PBJ - how awful!

Not having a good day at work...

5.7 miles for me this morning in 72 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tragic story, PBJ. Like you said, two lives changed, and I hope it wasn't for the sake of a text or chat message.

I met a group of mostly-walkers (i.e., people my age from the running club) for a walk/run along the usual trail. My back sort of seized up on me this week, so running was pretty much out and we all ended up walking a full six miles. The HH was ramping up enough that I finished feeling about as if I'd run it! Just the way I like it, too.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

C-R

That's making lemonade from lemons KSA.

Horrible story PBJ. That's why I tell my kids (all 3 driving now - yikes) that they are behind a 2000lb weapon and treat it as such and always watch what is happening around you. Thankfully they listen and are defensive drivers.

Hope work improves Holly. I'm right there with you.

Good change of pace Doug. Active healing for that back.

Got a short MAF run at lunch. Have a 5k XC race tonight but needed to get away from the computer and phone.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Welcome roch to walkers anonymous.

It's not that bad, . . . as long as you

don't try to do it like jay.

Knowing how hard it is going to be to keep up to now 8-yo GS this year, I broke out the collapsible cane that hasn't been used since it got me priority boarding a couple of years ago on a particularly congested trans-Pacific flight from Taipei.   It not only succeeded in reducing GS to my pace but had him reaching out to help me up stairs, chairs, etc.  at the local aquarium.  Maybe it's not pretend, after all.

In the meantime, not much eating for me now finishing up

final purge for this afternoon's c-oscopy.

Good running and eating (and biking) y'all

Posie! - posting sine the daily weather reports we like for comparing ours to what's going on all over the country for everyone else, you seem to be getting too used to running with temps into nineties, if not higher, in sunniest city in the state?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

...good to see PBJ

middle 90s here

............skeet shooting day, hitting pool tomorrow

............good running to ya.............hydrate

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

After two days in PA that started at 3:35am on the way to the airport, I walked in and greeted our admin with "Happy Monday" .  good news is that I have only 3 days until a week of vacation, but I have the whole week's worth of work before then.  Oh well, I'll appreciate it more, I guess.

3.1 lake loop as usual.  getting a tiny bit quicker on a nice humid 70° morning.

Sorry to hear about the accident.  Can't quite figure out why you would want to ride without a helmet.

eta:  Forgot to ask--how do you cook the skeets you shoot, TW?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

PBJ - How horrible . . . .

Quick fly-by:  45 min of core/ST.  This stuff is actually working! 

Visit with the pain doc.  We'll wait another 2 mos and see how things are.  I think not traveling/driving for awhile will go a long way toward helping things completely calm down.  Right now I feel like I'm at about 90-95% close to be healed.  My Wondergel Pad, aka my "Precious", still goes everywhere with me.

Okay - Outta here ~~

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

That's a tough thing to see, PBJ.  I feel bad for all involved.

Have fun with that GS, tet!  And let us know about any notes from the DD.

I went 6.2 miles, today, after work.  I realized that I was supposed to have done 400 meter recovery runs for my track workout on Monday and I only did 200's.  So, in order to get 40 miles for the week, I have to add a little bit to the rest of my runs...which explains the added .2 mile...not that I needed to explain it, or anything...I just thought that I would...I kind of wish I hadn't, now...it's really pretty useless information...sorry...

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

flats

turtle runner eximious

9+ TM miles last night, 9+ TM miles tonight.

I had to order a new watch band for my year old Garmin. The band just broke, not happy about that.

Michael

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Mike - going much better now that I’m down here with GS and DD is up north not being able to see or hear what”s really going on.  However, I’m trying to provide accurate e-mail reports of the day’s activities as far as they go, especially covering anything she will likely be getting first hand from GS on their daily calls, e.g. cell phone going kapoot causing missing planned ride back at 7pm but it gave him his first ride on a bus other than to school.  I hope the absence of any feedback from DD so far doesn’t bode badly on Friday’s zoo plans and the “I’m not comfortable with that” one that squelched a possible train ride to Vancouver, BC to see their zoo, aquarium, etc. and some of my BC friends. Maybe next year when he’ll be 9-yo.  We’ll see.

today's increasing clouds might provide first precipitation tomorrow in 32 days.

No such luck seemed for 90-degree Posieland.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

That's a lot of treadmill miles, Spinach. I try to avoid that until winter.

Tet, have fun with GS, and your DD only needs the highlights, right?

Legs still not 100% after the weekends hill runs, but headed out after work for my regular trail run and it went pretty well. Mostly same pace as last week and about same "stop" time as last week on tired legs, so that works for me. Part of that stop time is to watch the ducks in the pond about 1.6 miles from campus. It seems like just a couple weeks ago they were little balls of fluff on the water. Now they look almost like their parents, just a little smaller and a more "juvenile" quack. They were quietly off to the side till I stopped and watched them. Then mom got alarmed and headed over towards them, quacking. They started paddling over towards her, doing their littler squeaky quacks. It was pretty cute, but sorry I worried mom so much. Anyway, if I hadn't stopped for the ducks, it would've been a much better run than last week.  But it was worth it.

10.7 hilly trail miles at 8:52 avg pace, with 8:40 of "stop" time in 80F temps. That felt warm.