Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 3.19.18 (Read 38 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Sunday’s races & workouts:
    RunnerKSA (4.4 reset, low [mostly] HR miles)
    Falconfixer (rail trail marathon in 3:36)
    Holly (19.05 miles in 25-44° temps)
    Stumpy (3.1 round-the-lake miles in 18-20° temps)
    Tomwhite (66 min HH, 3-4s on soccer fields in 60s° temps)
    Tramps (16 mile bike ride)
    Dave (3.15 morning park miles)
    Tammy (4.7 home trail miles with the dogs)
    Tet (Mercer Island Half [with green tea stop])
    Evanflein (20 pool running laps + 4 lazy swimming laps)
    Mike (8 not easy ‘easy’ miles)
    Fatozzig (5 +/- morning miles at the McKay Tract)

I don’t have a dog (horse?) in the basketball tournament, so I’m just enjoying everyone’s reactions to the wins and losses.

Evanflein is right about sick leave at companies - it’s all about trying to strike the right balance between proper use and abuse, and achieving that balance is almost impossible.

Excellent work at a last-minute marathon, Falconfixer! How’d you do on the stairs afterwards?

What camera did you get for DW, Stumpy? The best SLR I ever had was a Canon AE-1, vintage 1970s or so. Easy to use, and made me look like a better photographer. But the dang thing needed real film!

Sounds like a great trip, Dave! Good job of learning to relax.

Sounds like Spacityrunner & Rose Colored Glasses had a great time too.

I had a perfectly horrible night's sleep last night, and didn't even entertain any notions about going out for a workout this morning. Heck of a way to start the week, eh? Well, so it goes...

Have a greta monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Thanks, Jay.  I got up in the dark (it is REALLY dark here in FL in the morning) to do 1.2 miles for my streak just in case anything happens to the rest of the day.  We are at the Ft. Myers airport delayed an hour and a half now.  Weather around the country has messed things up.  Ate a couple of donuts and got on the free Wifi.   I’m still in 2nd place in both of my pools, despite some big hits to my brackets yesterday.

Anxious to get home to my own bed and my own animals!   Ran into a co-worker here at the airport who just announced his retirement at 50 and is going to move down here to Ft. Myers full time.  He has a place here.  He’s been in retail loss prevention for 25 years and has done well.  People made a killing at our company on stock options in the years before I got there.  I’ve done well, but the people who have been there a long time really have some money in the bank.  The employee stock purchase plan has been excellent, too.    Retiring at 50, though.....  he’ll probably do something after a couple of years, but wants to be based down here in Florida and not in Nashville.

MTA-  4 miles on the treadmill late this afternoon while waiting for severe storms to roll in.   So- 5.2 miles for the day.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

We got a Nikon D3400. It does an amazing number of things, including HD video. My previous SLR was also 70’s vintage—Minolta SRT101. Which I still have and should check to see if it still works.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

...my hiking buddy told me

All his Investments are in Milk and Bread......

============

storms moving in today

got 30-min bike ride in, with hills

and

hopefully a PoolRun tomorrow,,,,,,,,,,hiking may be out

.............Good Running to Ya........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Thanks for getting us started, Jay.

I succumbed to the bed magnet this morning.  I'll get in a workout after work.

A week or so ago I used a large UPS box to send a package to a friend in WI for The Hub.  Stupidly used 2nd day air.  The bill? $558.03. **&%$^!!!!   I used our office account, which gave somewhat of a discount, but our bookkeeper is going to give me the # of our account rep so I can try and dispute this thing.  I figured it's cost around $100.  I'm so stunned, I haven't hit the PO'd mark yet.  Great way to start a day . . . .

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

spacityrunner

they must be a pretty good friend there...holy crap that is a lot of postage!!!

Thanks for getting us started, Jay.

I succumbed to the bed magnet this morning.  I'll get in a workout after work.

A week or so ago I used a large UPS box to send a package to a friend in WI for The Hub.  Stupidly used 2nd day air.  The bill? $558.03. **&%$^!!!!   I used our office account, which gave somewhat of a discount, but our bookkeeper is going to give me the # of our account rep so I can try and dispute this thing.  I figured it's cost around $100.  I'm so stunned, I haven't hit the PO'd mark yet.  Great way to start a day . . . .

Trails Rock!

Dave59

I slept in so I skipped running in the morning. I didn't want to be late for work after being gone last week. It turned out to be a good deal because when I got out for a run at noon it was 60° and sunny. I did one set of a core workout too. I would like to do that more consistently. It would help my back and my running.

4.06 miles.

Crisis averted with UPS!  $84.50, as I suspected.  Got a lesson in how to fill out the shipping bill.  Thank you, Stephanie and Marina, from UPS.  . . . although I did have to change my underwear . . . .

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Wow, Leslie.  You had me freaking out there for awhile!  That's still a ton of postage, but nothing compared to the first amount!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Henrun

4.5 miles in the sunny but frigid northeast as we await another nor’easter. I ran a back and forth course finishing at the marathon finish line and snapped a photo of the 2018 banners (posted on FB). Hope the snow melts by marathon day☃️

Wow, Leslie.  You had me freaking out there for awhile!  That's still a ton of postage, but nothing compared to the first amount!

It's a good thing I didn't have a mouthful of coffee when our bookkeeper came in this morning.  I would've spit it all over her.

Nice run, Henry.  Have fun with yet another storm. 

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

spacityrunner

3.2 miles around the white house. Low 50's and sunny. We are under a winter weather watch and they are predicting 2-4" of snow on Wednesday...sigh...I wanna go home!!! 

Trails Rock!

wildchild

Carolyn

We got that 2-4" of snow here yesterday/overnight, and it's really pretty today!  I put new screws in my screw shoes, since the old ones were pretty worn down, and headed out for a run.  When I got out to where the county plows the road, it was bare dirt, which wouldn't be good with the screw shoes, so I ran home and changed into regular shoes, then headed back out around the 'hood.  8 miles in all.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Crisis averted with UPS!  $84.50, as I suspected.  Got a lesson in how to fill out the shipping bill.  Thank you, Stephanie and Marina, from UPS.  . . . although I did have to change my underwear . . . .

Oh THANK GOODNESS!! I almost had to change my underwear with your first post too!! 

3.2 miles on the treadmill before work. Missed working out both weekend days as they were jam packed with church stuff, granddaughters, friends brunch and family party!! Tomorrow working another 12 and just don't have it in me to hit the gym at 4:30 again or the streets of Boston before work. Hopefully I'll be able to get in a long run Wednesday before the next nor'easter hits us!!

Spring Spring where art thou????

denise

fatozzig how much does something have to weigh to hit the original amount of your bill? Where it said pounds did you put the weight in ounces or something?

Mike E good luck with the legs. I tell people I am suffering from O.L.D. It takes some people a bit to catch on. I would suggest the same ailment is starting to catch up to even your legs of steel.

evanflein I am not all that fond of swimming. Pool running like that would put me over the edge.

tetsujin209 well that is what DW's are for. 

Falconfixer man what a great race time for a last minute what the heck let us do this one race! Better than my last few plan and train for races.

I had a busy day and none of it involved actual paid work. DW and I went to her late mom's house to interview real estate agents. Her mom passed away two and a half years ago. The delay has been due to some of her siblings that cannot let go. My DW is the estate's sole executor. I would have laid the hammer down long ago and had the place sold by long ago. But, she is worried about keeping sibling relations in good shape. But this seems to let the most calcetrent siblings rule.My DW is getting tired of having to file all sorts of annual estate paperwork and want to close it. So she might finally push this to the finish line.

As to running 7 miles for me today. Likely the same tomorrow because Wednesday we are scheduled to see our weekly nor'easter. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/