Masters Running

Saturday 7-9-16 runs and not runs (Read 29 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Don't worry if circumstances are conspiring to prevent

everyone's running and/or posting this weekend.

After a long hiatus, I've got a good start to a 5K on each day.

Seattle Mariners' Refust-to-Abuse 5K.

Happy feet this morning running in the annual Refuse-to-Abuse 5K around four levels of the Seattle Mariners’ stadium from the players’ tunnels and up-and-around the linoleum smooth second level suites and luxuriously-carpeted, deluxe Holland-American Lines Suites, across Edgar Martinez Drive to do the same in the adjacent parking garage before finishing around the field on blessedly soft, modern astro-turf grass. Tomorrow’s Barefoot Fun Run 5K is on a local trail so won’t be as much fun for the feet but the scenery will be great. 
    Time - 33:13
    pace - 10:42
    AG - 2/12

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Ran 3.2 miles yesterday morning - not great, not awful. Had a nice little visit with my granddaughters then an absolute blast at a wedding last night!! My left side - sciatica/piriformis/whatever it is was feeling all the dancing from last night but it was so worth it!!

Rainy, gloomy day at the campground but nice to be off work still!

Have a great weekend!!

denise

wildchild

Carolyn

Wow, Tet, a race in a stadium sounds interesting!  And a good surface for barefoot running as a bonus!  Congrats on 2nd AG, too.

I ran 9 miles with two friends this morning on my favorite trail loop in Golden Gate Canyon State Park.  Here's a picture from the upper meadow.  We saw a momma moose and 2 calves, but they disappeared into the woods before I could get a picture.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

Good Weekend All!  Back from a few days away camping and got in some trail running at the lake also. Another very strange cool weekend accompanied by rain here. Normally it's easily close to 100 by now. This morning was a trail race that I almost always do, but skipped it this year. Wasn't sure if I was going to feel up to getting up early and driving 45 miles to a race after just getting back from camping yesterday. It did feel good to sleep in, although with such a cool, damp morning, it would have been nice for a race too!

already working on plans for the next camping trip. Guess I'll work for a couple wks before heading out again though.

Tammy

Dave59

Tough 10 humid miles this morning but I was done by 8:00 AM so that was nice. I stopped by my car at 6 miles to get some more water and stretch my back a little. I meant to turn off the Garmin but forgot. Then when I started running I turned off thinking I was turning it on. I went at least a half mile before i saw my watch was stopped and realized my error. So I had to do some adjusting to the final Garmin stats but I got it close enough for me.

lamerunner

Greetings. Sorry to hear about all the injuries. Flying solo in NH; I wish I had known about that sooner, could have gone to cheer on Amy and company, though the cats here needed tending a bit. DH went to NYC to see his older daughter, and DS wanted to stay in Vermont this weekend; he has been working on a friend's family's farm, taking driver's ed and doing his running and lifting. The boys set up a gym in a barn they cleaned up. He usually comes home with me on weekends, but there is not much doing here, and its rainy. I think driver's ed ends soon.

I slept in a bit and cuddled with the grandkitty; I may have mentioned DD's little cat flew home with us from Colorado.  She is here at least the summer and likely longer, depends on DD's work and living situation. Just two years old; very lively, great personality.  Our ancient Siamese was not impressed, but he is adjusting.

Oh, and running. I ran about 9 miles on my favorite local trail in cloudy, cool, drizzly weather. Yesterday was an unscheduled rest day; I was tired and it was still very humid, so I swam and did some yoga instead.  Legs appreciated the break.  Not sure what tomorrow will bring. If the rain tapers off I may try a hike; we shall see.  Cheers!

Wild,

as always great shots from the trails. I just recently started carrying my phone while running so maybe I will share some pics from here.

Tet,

sounds like a fun time and nice AG placement.

i got in about a 5k also today on the trails . It was great running conditions and it was a nice rest for my legs. I hope tomorrow is similar as I have a longer run planned on some trails I have not visited recently. It's about 45 minutes away but it's kinda where I got my running roots over 20 years ago. It always gives me a  good feeling and refreshes my busy mind.

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

jlynne, it sounds like improvement with your infection.  evan, it also sounds like your foot is getting better.  Going in the right direction is good.  tet, congrats on a fine 5K with 2/12 in AG.

Nice long runs for Twocat and Dave.

We had some excitement yesterday.  Our daughter and son in law had a little fire at their house.  They and their pets are fine but the house will need some fixing.  During a storm, a tree branch came down on the electric service line and tore the service mast  off the house.  There was some smoke in the attic so there had to be some fire there.  They are waiting for the insurance adjuster to see what electrical and structural damage there might be in the attic.  Hopefully, the insurance will get things fixed quickly and without too much disruption to them.

This morning, it was in the low 60s and there was a little wind.  I did 5 miles at an 11:38 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

Tet - Great racing!

Carolyn - beautiful picture!

I woke up feeling really carpy yesterday, not sure why, but ended up doing nothing, nada.  I roused enough to go golfing with DH and DD in the afternoon, but then came home and went to bed immediately because I felt so awful.  Today, not so bad, but a little weak-feeling.  Hmm.  Almost like a mild flu. Oh well.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."