Masters Running

Wacky Wednesday, April 7 Runs (Read 613 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!

Great photo of Sadie yesterday Deb!    Cute stories and pictures from Tag too .... he is such a inspiration to all dogs.  I know Brinkley likes to hear his stories.

I don't know why DH is waking up before me this week, but this morning as I turned off my alarm (before it went off) he says, "are you going running?"   and when I said yes, he said "good girl".    He was ready to motivate me again if needed.        4 muggy miles this at an easy 10:38 pace

Happy Hump Day!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Good morning Mary! I think deep down your DH wants to run with you, and that's why he's waking up first. Why don't you take him with you one morning? (probably the same reason I don't take MY DH with me

All the great pictures of family doggies and cats yesterday make me wish I had one. All we have is our goldfish, John Doe. He doesn't photograph very well.

Deb, hope your cold is better today. If you do decide to run, TAKE IT EASY, OK? You've been a model patient so far, don't risk everything and suffer a setback.

Twocat - I made a batch of your muffins yesterday with blueberries and raspberries. There's only 2 left.

Cross-training day for me. 5 miles on the eliptical with some upper body weights and stability ball stuff. I sure have been feeling my age these last few weeks. Everything seems to hurt. DH tore a tendon in his arm playing golf last Saturday but the doc is hoping it will mend without surgery. He's just getting over a bad hamstring pull. Getting old ain't for sissies, people!

My DW likes it when I taper.  She can then walk more miles than I run.  She lets me know it too.  Makes her happy to no end.   3.5 easy miles for me at 9:34 pace, 5 miles for her at walking pace. 

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Tramps

It’s wacky weather Wednesday here.  Already 70F at 6:30 a.m.   I’m definitely not used to it yet.  5 MP-ish miles were on the slow side: 8:12.  No change on the calf thing.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

No change on the calf thing.

I love the pics of the pets yesterday.  I think we need to start a RA Pet Thread.

Dg – I know you’re getting antsy but listen carefully to your body, okay?  It’s just the beginning of the nice running weather – you don’t want to aggravate it and take longer to get out there, right?

6 miles for me this morning in a windy 70°, including 8 x 100m striders, but the rest at a slow and gentle pace (ave 10:31).

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Slo

A very nice cool and breezy run this morning. 55 degs.....5.2 miles. Didn't even break a sweat. Wished I had time to go further.

Sadie.....That's such a popular name for a dog. There is at least 3 of us here with a dog named Sadie and my neighbors dog is Sadie too.

Mary.....when I used to Golf I'd wake up in the early in the morning and I'd ask......"Golf course or Intercourse ? ".... to which she replied....."Don't forget your Hat ! " ! 

I haven't been able to come up with a similiar line to that for running....It would be a perfect come back to some of the running questions I get  from time to time.........LOL

Go Run !

SteveP

Leslie, Tag likes the picture of your cat. He'd like to arange a play date.

All the great pictures of family doggies and cats yesterday make me wish I had one. All we have is our goldfish, John Doe. He doesn't photograph very well.

You prolly can't take him running huh?

I'm going in later today. The dog and I put in a few miles. I had on a long sleeved shirt because it's just darn nippy.There wasn't any wind, so it got warm fast. I took the shirt of to tie it around my waist...Then thought better of it. I know Spareribs lurks in strange places.  Instead, it went around my neck and for the rest of the run I went, "Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah...BATMAN...batman!!!!" The dog didn't seem to mind. 5.44 miles

SteveP

Morning, gang!

Mary - "good girl" is a vast improvement!  Hard to believe we're already posting "muggy" runs - seems like just last week we had ice......

Leslie - Goombah is a handsome dude.

dg - Sadie is gorgeous as well - I can see the need for the snood. 

Jeanne - those DQ dipped cones are too good - fortunately I don't live anywhere near a DQ.  Sorry to hear about your DH - sounds like no golf for awhile.  Know what you mean about  the aches and pains of aging - it sucks!

SteveP - of course Tag doesn't mind, he already knows his Dad is crazy, but he also knows where his meals come from.  Loved your Easter bunny tales.

Carolyn - congratulations to your DD for the Cornell acceptance - super!!

No workout for me as yet today - we slept in for no particular reason and will probably do so again tomorrow.  DH realized the benefit of not being sleep-deprived when he was on a business trip a couple of weeks ago.  I love the extra sleep, but I do feel guilty, so I'll probably jump on the elliptical for lunch.

Good runs all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Good morning!

5 pre-dawn silly easy paced (SEP) miles.

Right butt is bad again. Must work on this.

Tramps. Take care of that calf...

Ralph is complaining of his hip...

Oh my.  We are falling apart aren't we!

DeeGee, trust yourself.  If you want to run, run.  Just don't push yourself.  

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Instead, it went around my neck and for the rest of the run I went, "Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah...BATMAN...batman!!!!" The dog didn't seem to mind. 5.44 miles

Steve--I thought that was the way you normally (used loosely) did your runs?   Nice distances lately.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mariposai

Oh my.  We are falling apart aren't we!

Rosie,  you just made my day. Yeah...it seems like we are all falling apart, but then...it is massive taper time for a large number of folks around here.

Count me in in the "falling apart" seccion. I came down with the worse head cold I have had in the last ten years. I feel like my head is going to explode any moment. No fun when you are away from home and have sit on a training for 8 hours at the time all week long.. Anyway, I ran 3 easy miles yesterday and 6 miles today at a delicious pace of 13' and it felt good. I ran just because otherwise I would go crazy with all the sitting I have to do.

Have a great day!!

Tramps!!! be careful...

Perch, sorry to hear about your ouchie...darn it.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

Wacky weather Wednesday is right!  It was 16° and snowing when I got up. About 6" of very fluffy powder snow.  I can't believe some of you are enjoying flowers and cherry blossoms already.

I loved the Sadie picture yesterday!  I guess it is a common dog name, and a good one.  I'll bet we have one of the only dogs named Ladybug, though.

Bill, it's nice that your DW is so easy to please! Happy tapering.

Thanks for all the well wishes to DD for her Cornell acceptance.  She's pretty excited about it.  My parents both went to Cornell, and so far she's the only family member to follow in their footsteps, so they're pretty excited too.  (My 3 siblings and I all went to Penn because my dad's a professor there and we got free tuition.)

Happy tapering and running and resting the achy body parts!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Kimmie

Good running you all!

I am so sorry to hear about the cold, Mariposai.  Sad  I have had a bad cold/ or maybe allergies for a week now.  That's not good!! 

I went out and ran anyway, in spite of not breathing, and it was all good.  Hot, hot, hot...   at 8:00 this morning, it was 89 degrees (DC area)  about 20 degrees warmer than usual here.   Easy almost 5 miles with a friend.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Cute dog pictures yesterday!

It was so hot in the house that Sadie found some cool bricks ..... 

.........but after dinner, her spot was taken by Tucker.

Today I did 30 min spinning upping the gear every 10 min. The last 10 was above LT effort! Then 2 miles brisk walk at 15 min pace. Still nothing hurt. Ran 2 miles at 10:20 pace and that was still ok so at mile 2 I upped the pace to 8:30 and within 0.4 miles it started hurting on each left foot fall so I walked home. Then Ice followed by 20 min very hot soak, stretch, foam roller, tennis ball trigger point massage for 3 minutes (that really helped!). Only thing missing was some meat tenderizer :-)

Overall 2.47 miles in 25:23 (10:16 pace)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Steve, those Easter stories were priceless!

Leslie, that black kitty sure looks a lot like my Tommy, whom we had to give away because DS was allergic.  She used to sleep on my hip everynight.

Carolyn, congrats to your daughter.  That is a nice part of the country.  I hope you don't miss her too much.

I actually stayed awake long enough last night to watch a movie, "Up in the air" with Clooney.  DH thinks I have a crush on him but really he does nothing for me.  My crush is still DH.

I went out last night with the plan being 4 miles, 2 middle miles at tempo.  Well my first tempo mile was directly into the wind and it was exhausting so I never managed to do another one.  Plus I went too fast even with the feedback from the Garmin.  I have a lot to learn.

Tonight will just be 5 or 6 easy.  I will take my headlight in case it gets dark before I get home.

Mariposai, that sucks!!  Please rest up and get rid of that nasty cold.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."