Masters Running

Reality Monday 3/4/13 (Read 49 times)

Thanks Twocat.  We watched Annie Hall on TCM last night.  That was about the 10th time I've seen it.  Woody Allen's comedy in the movie always inspires me.

I did another short run today so I've run 6.7 miles today and done weights.  Not bad for 2 days after a race but yesterday was a rest day except for a dog walk and tomorrow will be a total rest day.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Holly--I hope your crisis has passed...we all go through them.

I had a physical after work.  I had a spot on my chest that I just knew was cancerous...but it was nothing.  I did get some medication that's supposed to take care of my nightly peeing...

Anyway...I came home, did my 18 burpees, did my 6.2 mile run (in 48:20), and did a quick 25:00 weight workout....now it's time to go shovel.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

one of the benefits of the aging process is getting so slow you don't even realize a course is hilly anymore

2013 HC SEA_elevation map15k

elevation profile: Seattle Hot Chocolate 15K (3/3/13)

Not that it had anything to do with anything but, with more than 75% on the ladies side,

it was an almost Guinness Book mix of genders.

distance. . . . . total . . . . . . ............ . women . . . ....... . . men\

. . .5K ...............4,969.........................4,027 (81%)............942 (19%).

. .15K ..............3,076.............  . . . . ..2,363.(77%)...........713 (23%)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

arf

MM #405

Hi friends.    I've been away this weekend on a family getaway.   Which was wonderful until we had to navigate our way home in a blizzard.

Made it home safe and sound so all is well.

Mariposai girl - I'm glad you're sproinky and Yakima is sooo fun, you will love it!

Ribs - the photo is fantastic!  I can't believe the size of Riblet, WOW!  Gorgeous family!  Was neat to see Spare tire,  I remember him from years ago.

Deez - confirmation that you are a nut is your new saying Big grin....... and nice hilly 7.4!

Slo - Awesome!   I'm glad you're chompin' !!

Wild - Holy crap woman!  Beautiful 25 miler!!  (I always roll up my tights too).... Who cares what people think

Holly - hang in there...  It get's easier.  I know your girl is a strong independent little spitfire, which is perfect...just tough right now

night all,

arf

TammyinGP

MikeE - I did a 6.2 mile run last night also. But a bit slower than you. 53:37, which was fast for me though. I ran with a co-worker who can easily pound out 7's. But he ran 28 mi on trails on Sunday, so decided to go slower. Although I know he stil could have easily run 8's and that would have been easy for him, so I appreciate that he really took it slow and ran 8:30s with me.

Tammy