Masters Running

Saturday - Morning Races and Dazes (Read 395 times)

Had a terrible sleep and in somewhat of a daze, even took decaf coffee vs the real deal. Off to run a 5k race. First race of the season, hopefully my legs and lungs are ready. Have a great one everybody. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Tramps

Good luck, Tall. You haven't been feeling well so don't read too much into today's race. Some core work and stretching for me today. George--what's happening to those B's? I'm not surprised by the Caps meltdown but I thought the B's had a good shot of going all the way. There's still hope, or course; Caps did it with the Rangers.

Be safe. Be kind.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks tall and good luck. Be violent in your final sprint. Smile It was yesterday but I already did 42.195 km in the biweekly Imperial Palace Marathon. Missed my favorite DGL (dead glorious last that us nontrainers always think we deserve more than anyone else) by 15 minutes but very grateful to be only ten minutes slower than the 3/28 Dizzy Daze Marathon around Green Lake on 3/28.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Slo

Morning Gents and to all who may follow ! Got a nice bike ride in last night followed by a 3+ mile run right off the bike. Felt awesome. That made for a Run....Swim.....Bike.....Run......training day yesterday. I did an easy 3.8 this morning and if the winds die down to under 25 mph I might try and get another bike ride in later today. After I get out of here (work) and get my garage cleaned, and post holes dug, and the limestone block ready for mortor, and a Mothers day card bought, and............ Dead

Hill Runner

Good morning guys, No run again this morning...getting a little lazy lately... We're going to UNC this afternoon for my son's graduation & diner later tonight. Not only is he graduating debt-free but he's already got a finance job lined up starting in June ...I couldn't ask for more than that. It's nice to finally finish with all the college expenses.... Smile Good runs everyone.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
            Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
            Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Good Morning boys Wink I had planned on a 15 miler this morning, but switched things around to run with some of the Js. I drove over to Dr. J’s house and we ran an easy 8 miles at 8 am (symmetry unintended…) Spicy J and Canada J were there as well. The time flew by as we swapped kid tales and summer plans. Running brings us together in ways that our daily schedules do not (kids in different schools, jobs in different towns etc) and I am so grateful for that. Dr. J is reverse tapering after Boston and starting to feel good. Spicy J is ramping it back up with one week to go in a master’s degree program, and Canada J is dealing with plantar fasciitis, but feeling better. Anyway---it was humid and rainy and the pace mattered little. Great and exciting news Larry! Good luck Tall Congratulations Peter and Peter's son Tramps---I am still hoping for a Bruins miracle. I want one of the original six to win and if it's the Bruins even better! You are amazing Tet! Off to a little league game as long as the t-storms hold off
                Ended up not running last night after all. I think the craziness of the week - school concert, prepping for next week's concert, day in the ER, countless phone calls to insurance people - caught up to me and I just needed to chill. Neck and shoulders are still a little tight and just not right. Heading out to see what my body can manage shortly before the thunderstorms. At the least, I'll enjoy the beautiful sunny day. Smile Happy weekend, all, Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Peter NC congratulations to your son! Debt free? He should have hit you up for more money! Clowning around

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #3309

Small crowd today. Whew, I am beat...but had a good run IN THE WORST WIND EVER. Plan was 23 miles starting off with 5 easy miles, then see how many MP mile I could run. First 5 miles I felt bad and the stoopid wind was really pissing me off bad. I then started my MP at mile 6 and had a very hard time hanging on to my 7:50 ish pace the first mile, and almost thought I would not be able to do them. Then everything gradually felt really good the rest of the way...except for the last 6 miles into 30 to 40 mph gusts. 23 overall miles - 3:10:31 - 8:17 ave pace. MP - 18 miles - 2:21:18 - 7:51 ave pace - I personally don't know how I pulled this off... really, with not a lot of speed work for me yet Ok off to clean up and eat...and hope my date goes as well as my run (grins) Erika, I thought about what you posted last night during my run and planned MP miles...you said go for it and I did. TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

King of PhotoShop

Tet, so you are advocating violence here huh? Tall, pay him no mind. BTW Tet, sorry to have missed that birthday thread, but a belated good wish to you. So happy to be home, and I hope those lovely people at the TSA are enjoying the jar of huckleberry jam they confiscated from me in the security check. But Mariposai, it was the thought that counts, and I can always get another jar of it when I return. Just 2.4 to shake out the legs this morning, very tired. Spareribs
                      stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Good afternoon to most and Good morning to the left coast folks. No run today, but went to one of the local races and played course volunteer for the morning. first time for doing so, but lots of fun. It's a 6K that I ran a couple of years ago. only about 150 people with an out and back route. the winners (both male and female--ran 1-2) looked so effortless as they went by on the way out AND on the way back. Usually the only time I see the speedy folks at races is when they pass me going back out to for cool down Smile I should do this more often this summer as I ramp back up. I will have to increase my vocabulary of "Looking good!!" and "Great race!!" quotes so I have a little variety. Maybe a cowbell would help Wink

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Whew! After 2 weeks of almost constant rain and chill, I'm finding that now I have to adjust to the heat. Mid-70s and blazing sunshine out there today. Just enough breeze and shade to make it sometimes comfortable. Funny how wind speeds that I cursed in the winter are welcome now. Smile Only ran 3.1, but ran nearly all of it without walking, so it's all good. Ended up almost at mom's house, and she's just back from a 2-week cruise, so I stopped in for a visit. Intended to get in a few more miles running back home, but it was too hot by then and I was bushed, so I walked, adding an extra loop around my neighborhood. Totals: run 3.1, walk 2.0. I'm thinking that I'll increase my walking as well as my running in order to get more time moving on my feet as I train for longer races. Right shoulder's still a little wonky from the other day's fender bender, but everything else feels fine. Mtnchk1 - hearing about your DS's size 16s reminds me of a boy at my school. When he was a 7th grader, he smacked his head, hard, on the TV in my room more than once. Now he's a senior and back as an intern, and he's so tall that he literally has to duck to walk into the classrooms. Roch - hope you get the BP meds worked out. Mari - I envy your ability to do gadget-free runs, something to which I aspire. Maybe since I know the boardwalk is 5 miles round-trip, I'll try it there soon. hallar - 1st grandbaby and a marathon in the same weekend. Awesome! Congrats on both. Off to NJ for dinner with my three perfect godsons and their parents this evening, then to the shore for church tomorrow and mothers day flower shopping. Happy Mothers Day to all of the moms! Smile Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Solid 17:01 PR and third overall in the 5k at Franktown this morning. Legs were not too heavy even after the last month of the heavy load...Tomorrow I will do an ez 25k run. Marathon in two weeks and a day. Cheers and enjoy the day Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Tall - well done! You run 5K at the pace I walk 1 mile! Big grin eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

munchkn883

Peter -- Congratulations on your son's graduation. I don't live very far from CH! 8 hot, humid, wonderful with a little pain miles for me this morning. Awesome time with my Team In Training participants!