Masters Running

Sat 10/18 Daily ONE DAY TO GO!!!!!!!!! (Read 523 times)

The Jogger

Morning Gang Nice easy 3.25 miles with MrsRoy and the Wood bot. Cool and sunny, just perfect. 3.25 m 36:52 @ 11:21 pace AHR 129 56% WHR Good Luck to all racers this weekend. Mary, thinking of ya Roy

Hill Runner

Good morning guys, Roy, I want to run where you run..stunning scenery. A cross training day today working outside, I may do one more medium long run tomorrow before Saturday's marathon. Good runs to all today

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
      Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
      Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Cool, crisp & colorful morning, 7.5 easy miles, 6.2 w/DW. Ran early because today is day to replace roof from the storm damage several weeks ago. Good luck Mary & all our other racers.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

SteveP

We love MrsRoy and Woody runs!!! Thanks for getting us started Roy While roofing Sarge, be careful....Never mind...Old people say "Be careful"....Give your roof hell Sarge!! Show it who's boss!! IT'S HAMMER TIME!!!! DW will thrash me soundly. I just ordered 4 black ribbed Batman Tank Tops. Maybe I can retire then one I affectionatly call "Ole Crusty". I'm off to the trails!!!! Good running Cats and Kittens...Dudes and Dudettes.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{Erika’s foot}}} {{{Stumpy/Kameele and family}}} Roy – the Wood Bot? I like that…. Smile DD and her little friend woke me up at 4am, having snuck downstairs to play Barbies in the wee hours of the night. I tried to go back to sleep, but finally decided to get up and make coffee. Figured I might as well get an early start, since I had to be back home from my LR by 7:30 to take over watching the girls so DH and DS could go to the barber shop. 15.4 miles for me today in 46-43 degrees, with miles # 3, 5, 7, and 9 at 8:29, 8:32, 8:38, 8:31 – getting a bit faster, and the last 3 miles on the TM at 10:10 pace. Feeling some pain this week in the inside rear of my left ankle (is that AT?), I think from the change in my running to more of a midfoot strike – still getting used to it. I’m so paranoid these days, I’m carefully icing it now. Thought about the weekend racers as I ran today, hoping they all have great runs today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Saturday - 8.03 miles easy - 1:10:15 (8:45) - Avg HR 124 Max HR 131 Bright and sunny and 32 degrees. A nice cool crisp morning with the leaves just full of color, what a nice morning for a run. Good luck to all of our racers out there this weekend! Big grin ETA - Speaking of racing I got my NY Marathon card in the mail - # 12437 - Orange, 1st Wave - 2 weeks and counting!
                I have been on the shelf more or less for a little over a week. I sprained my ankle scrimmaging with my volleyball team at practice last week. I have done a couple of short runs with my 5K 5th graders, but other than that no running. Now all I have to do is finish healing and get grad work to let up and things will be great. Until then good running and craigslisting to all.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!!!!! Out for 2 miles this morning with my partner - hardley worth getting dressed for - but it is too cold to go nekid! ha! 9:30 pace - we were done way too soon. Now off to pack my bags. I'll see you all on the other side ..... Thanks again for all the well wishes and advise - I've printed those pages - priceless!! CHEERS!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

dg.

good morning! running late as usual. oh... that's also true in a different sense today... my long run is this afternoon, & i've never done that. i know there have been endless discussions about this, but any quick tips on what & when to eat? a happy boomer gathering report. Smile. Rosie & Ralph (La Vita Dolce & the Rocket Scientist) stopped here for lunch yesterday. They were on their way to Grand Rapids; both are running the full marathon. Doug, Markguy, CassadAAmius, Mrs. CassadAAmius, & Tim Looney were all able to come, & it couldn't have been nicer. Then R&R, Rochrunner & I went for a walk along the river. The weather was perfect. Even a grouchy old introvert like me had a good time. They are just as nice as everyone says. Rose & Ralph, thanks for making the time to stop. Good luck tomorrow. Run smart. Wink. Erika, does it hurt to lift your toes, especially against resistance? Maybe it's extensor digitorum longus tendinitis. (is that what TW said?) Ben Benjamin says to try rest & ice for a week, & don't do any kicking or running, that deep frictioning can help, as can corticosteroid injections. {{{{{ }}}}} here's something on trigger point therapy, don't know if it could help. http://books.google.com/books?id=IYqqY5Ae_VoC&pg=PA229&lpg=PA229&dq=extensor+digitorum+longus+tendinitis+ben+benjamin&source=web&ots=wOeiYyBxz5&sig=jYWArUeBR0XA_Qvtuok-Vp7o_ko&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result i'll catch up more later... I hope. wow. is this foot week on the forum? hugs all around. mta GO MARY!!!!!! I'll see you tomorrow! Big grin
                      I'll be running with the local club in an hour... Enke-Nice run yesterday...Are you running Seattle? Holly-Easy on the foot... GO MARY GO !!! Hope you have a great run SteveP
                      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                      DickyG

Brad Sciulio, a 5-foot-11, 180 pound western Pennsylvania chef is the first person to eat a monstrosity called the Beer Barrel Belly Bruiser: a 15-pound burger with toppings and a bun that brought the total weight to 20.2 pounds. The mountain of beef is the product of Denny's Beer Barrel Pub, about 100 miles northeast of Pittsburgh in Clearfield. After downing the burger in 4 hours and 39 minutes, Sciulio was quoted as saying "What a rip-off...they promised fries with that." Holly:
                        Feeling some pain this week in the inside rear of my left ankle (is that AT?), I think from the change in my running to more of a midfoot strike – still getting used to it. I’m so paranoid these days, I’m carefully icing it now.
                        Not again! Maine:
                        ETA - Speaking of racing I got my NY Marathon card in the mail - # 12437 - Orange, 1st Wave - 2 weeks and counting!
                        My friend Robert (the guy that's about your age & speed) is also going to NY...actually I saw him this morning at the track doing some speedwork. OK...now who's racing this weekend? Let's see...Mary, Karin, Tim2, Mtnchk, Jeanne...anyone else? Knock 'em dead, everyone! 4 soggy miles yesterday afternoon...pretty slow 36:57 (9:14)...what a lousy run compared to others I've done recently. I'll be at the truck race this afternoon & the big cup race tomorrow afternoon....look for me on TV...I'll be wearing pants, shirt, shoes, maybe sunglasses if it's nice. FashionPlateG

Top 'O the World!

DickyG: I heard about that... Tight lipped Tight lipped Tight lipped Dead eeeeewwwwww!!! (oh! ref the 15 lb burger - NOT your fashin rpt! Wink veggin around w/the coffee cup this am....sure is nice sitting in one's own home just a handful of miles from the race start - which is tomorrow...after pasta & minor expo prowling...gonna be a tad warmer than I'd like, but still verra nice! Good luck to all the "real" racers out there this weekend!!!! Smile btw: I almost hesitate to do this- do to the sheer size of this group! However, I am putting names of cancer heros on my TNT singlet for the morning.....those still in the fight, those we've lost, survivors...do you have anyone special that you'd like me to add to my singlet? Cindy
                          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Dicky.. Now I want to see the guy run a mrathon after that Smile Wow.. looking at the race schedule this weekend.. lots of marathons, and 5K-50 miles! Something for everybody.. Good luck And Hopeful.. you should have IRC! 45 - 59 and sunny. Just perfect! GL on the 15K Tim! 6 miles this morning (first 2 with Tory) in 53:29 (8:55 pace, AHR 156) Could pick up the pace a bit so last 2 miles were 8:17 and 8:19. Leg a bit better.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

SteveP

I'm sorry for your family's loss Stumpy. If you have a high opinionb of some one, they must be aces. You've been missed Craneium. Your day sounds great DG!!! Sweet. I miss Mary already. Let's talk about her behind her back.
                              btw: I almost hesitate to do this- do to the sheer size of this group! However, I am putting names of cancer heros on my TNT singlet for the morning.....those still in the fight, those we've lost, survivors...do you have anyone special that you'd like me to add to my singlet? Cindy
                              We lost Mom to cancer last winter.
                              Dicky.. Now I want to see the guy run a mrathon after that Smile Wow..
                              I wouldn't want to run behind him. A simple 4.5 miles and back. It was very good. The first time past the lake, it was smooth as glass and the fall colors reflected perfectly. The fog was floating just off it's surface. The geese on the lake were still and quiet. On the way back, the steam had dissapated and the surface was ripple laden.100s of geese were coming in to join the others till they all head south next month. I counted more than 20 "V" formations coming in. There are three things to remember when viewing a flock of geese when they fly over head: 1) Don't look up; 2) don't look up.....I forget what the third one is. A few days ago, one of our group was reminded it's time for many of us to wear gloves cause her figers were too cold to type. Try relieving bladder pressure in the woods with frozen fingers while the squirrels are looking at you like you're nuts.....Not pleasant.

SteveP

Top 'O the World!

SteveP: Mom's name?
                                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group