Masters Running

Thursday, June 18 Master Runs, Rests and Cross Training (Read 456 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!

My baby is 21 years old today!     Sure glad that I'm not getting any older!!  Wink    My DH is all in a knot about her going out tonight though.   He is the biggest worrier there ever was when it comes to his girls.  Not that I don't worry - but I have to be the one to keep things on an even keel.   I think it will be a long night.

Out for 4 miles with Brinkley this morning.  9:36 avg. pace with my 3rd mile the fastest at 9:19.   We had an "oh look, another dog!" fartlek at the beginning of that mile, and then at the end of that mile Mr. Black Cat decided to see how long he could stay in the middle of the road before skidaddling.

Happy Thoisday!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Mary congrats on the baby turning 21.  My 21 yr. old baby recently went with 5 other 21 yr. old girls in limo to night out in Pittsburgh.  One of the girls had b-day , so Mom rented the limo, it picked up & delivered everyone home safely.  These were her new college friends. DD doesn't drink & neither do her best friends from high school who she still very close with. They are at 4 different colleges around Ohio & Pittsburgh but they meet for a weekend twice a year, & talk just about everyday.   

Get well Timbo!   

Congrats on the anniversity Steve,  5 weeks til my 30th anniversity

Day off today & nothing to do

Rain rain, rain, hail, & lots of lightning last night messed up my usual group trail run.  Headed to my treadmill instead.   More rain this morning but planning another treadmill run at the gym followed by some squats. 

Last week hit 40 miles   not bad for 5 days of running.  Umpired 5 games too.   

Happy Thursday   

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

Mary - now you and your DD are only 8 yrs apart, right? 

Wonderful run with CNYrunner this morning!  As usual, what with chatting and catching up, the run fairly flew by and was done before I knew it.  She has to start work early, so we stopped at 5.05 miles, ave pace a frisky 9:19 in a humid 64°.  After she left I added 5 more miles on the TM @ 10:00 for a total of 10.05 miles.  This time she’s here for 2 days, so tomorrow I get to see her again. 

Boss is out of town today, so I have a dentist appointment, followed by the eye doctor for DD.  After lunch she’s coming into the office to "help me get some work done. "   

Still no word from Tim.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Morning, gang!

Mary - congratulations on your 21 year old baby!!

Additional congratulations to SteveP on his 3 year anniversary (very nice photo!) and to Sarge on his upcoming 30th.  Sarge - enjoy your day off - if you need something to do, my house needs cleaning, and my yard needs mowing.......

Today was my scheduled track day - didn't happen.  I did my mile repeats on the treadmill.  2 miles warmup, 2 X 1 mile @ 8:50 and 2.5 miles cooldown.  AHR 160.  My overachiever imp wanted me to do another mile repeat, but the schedule dictated just 2, and I'm trying to stick to the training plan this time around. 

We catch the train to DC on Saturday, so I'm hoping to get my long run done between rain showers tomorrow ;-). 

Good runs all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Slo

Good Morning Gang

Not much to report. I got home after work and opened a bag of Dorito's and popped the top on a beer. That officially scrapped any work out plans I may have had.

Nothing this morning either other than a light core and upper body workout.

Mary- I'm with you're DH........My oldest DD is 18 and letting go is very very hard. About the only thing to lean on at this age is "My House, My Rules ".

Well, best get back to work. Take care and Good Runs All !

I ran with the local club this morning.  6 steamy miles at 8:23 pace - the last mile at 7:56 tempo pace.  I felt a little sluggish, probably from yesterday's quick MLR.  I decided to speed up rather than slow down and that seemed to help get me out of the rut a little. 

The group I'm running with is a bunch of good runners who are a lot of fun.  But it seems to me like they go out too fast the first mile then struggle a little to finish it off in this weather.  Maybe I'll mention it next time and see if I can get them to see the advantage of letting the pace develop naturally after a good easy warmup mile.

It was good driving home with the top down - that helped cool me off.

Holly, I'm registered!

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Renee the dog

Not much to report. I got home after work and opened a bag of Dorito's and popped the top on a beer. That officially scrapped any work out plans I may have had.

Yeah, I can still run or work out with one beer in me, but those Doritos are sure the  and suck the life out of any athletic plans.

Just slide boarding on the schedule today.  Dark, raining,  and otherwise lousy here today. 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

HB2 ur DD Mary!!

Holly, I'd love to run w/ya'll but ya'll run waaaay too early for me Smile

Like Holly said, it's humid here, out for a 47 min run, avg 8:45 min pace for 5.37 miles.  I usually run for time except for my weekend runs on Sats.  And I usually run by effort but today I tried to keep it slow as I still feel like I'm recovering from my unintentional 40 mi week last week.  I usually run in the 20 and sometimes low 30 mpw so the 40 was a stretch.  I don't think I have another one for a little while now.    Anyhoo I tried to start the run at 9:10 pace for five min and then pick it up every five minutes by 5 seconds/mi which would give me an ~8:50 avg, slower than my normal 8:40 +/- a couple sec general run.  So long story but even though I didn't go as slow as I wanted I did go slower than normal so that's a plus!

No LR this weekend, just 6x1 mi repeats so this week's miles should be slightly more than half of last week's mileage.

Happy Thur runs everyone!

rs

Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Holly and CNY.. you're my kind of people.. early risers Sounds fun!

muggy wet drippy warm (72F at 5:30)

RS- we could have been running together today--- 5.2 miles in 47:35 (9:09pace, AHR 153) EZ with 6 x 0.1 mile strides ranging from 7:40 to 6:40 pace. The strides felt great. Really loosen the legs.

Hope Tim's ok.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

SteveP

Last week hit 40 miles   not bad for 5 days of running.  Umpired 5 games too.   

Happy Thursday   

An umpire needs to be able to run.

Major turmoil last night...DW claims that the 3rd year is the "Chick Flick" anniversary. It's clearly the anniversary for crime fighting. Where does she get that crap? I showed her who was boss and agreed to her terms. I felt bad for her though because the ultimate chick flick, "Batman Returns" is no longer in theaters.

I'm taking a long lunch today. Tag and I went out this AM. We ran upon a nest of partridges and Tag was hot on mama's tail. He didn't stand a chance, but he had fun. Then a very large, majestic deer stepped onto the trail....and quickly stepped off of it. Tag want after him and I called.....and he came!!!! Sweet!!!

On the way back, I saw some wild strawberries!!! Only one at first and is was greta! Then I saw two more and had to fight the dog for them.

ABout 3.5 miles in an out and back.

SteveP

dg.

hi everybody,

nice runs!

Mary, happy birthday to your DD.   Hope she has fun & gets home early! 

Sarge, that limo wasn't a bad idea with the new college friends. 

Holly, I'm glad you're finally going to have some help at the office.    Nice you got to run with Karin.

Karin, nice you got to run with Holly.

Bill,  Smile.

Sue, way to show that OI!   What's going on in DC?  ...that is, that involves you ;-).

4.36 miles this morning, my hilly route, & that is all I have to say about that.

Stevep you are just a ray of sunshine.    :-)

dg.

oops. one more.

Nono...  ( sorry about your rain & dark)   we should have a health drink after the Shamrock.  What could be more appropriate???

King of PhotoShop

Congrats to your daughter, Mary.  When Prime turned 21, Spare Tire treated him and 3 of his friends to dinner at a nice restaurant in Dallas in the W Hotel, then rented them a suite in the hotel.  They all stayed overnight and came home the next day.  That was a nice gift to give him.

4.5 recovery miles for me, following yesterday's brutally hot track session.  Flex and core work at the Y afterwards. 

I wish we would hear something from Tim.  Spareribs

Mariposai

Praying and worrying about Tim.

Batman Retuns, a chick flick movie? ha. SteveP you sure are a joy.

Carolyn, those are monster hills you ran yesterday. I wish I could run with you some day.

Sarge, after you finish Sue's house please come to mine. The fridge needs to be clean and the silverware need to be polished.

Will RAW this afternoon.  For now back to some number crunching before the three hours manager's meeting .

Hallar, where are you?

twocats, how is DW doing with her training? I am still dreaming for a HM for her someday.

butterfly hugs to Aamos, just because I am going to be meeting her next week.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Sarge - When a friend got married a few years ago, we rented one of the city buses for the night to take us around the county.  Unfortunately, they don't do that anymore.  The driver's motto that night: What happens on the bus stays on the bus.  And use the large plastic bags provided, if necessary."   I ended up with the hiccups so bad after just a little bit of imbibing, I thought I was going to need the bag.  My friends graciously took a picture of me sitting on the front bumper of the bus, head hanging low.  Gotta love friends!

Worried that we haven't heard from  Tim.  Hope everything's okay.  Anybody have the ability to try and contact him in anyway besides email??

6 miles with hills in 59:19.  Probably one of my fastest 6-milers.  Not as much hill work as in the past few weeks, but still plenty.  Went down a road I normally don't run and passed a car that had the engine running, driver door wide open, music blaring . . . and the driver either asleep or passed out in the driver seat.  If I'd had my cell phone, I would've call the cops.

Also!  I'm up feeding the cats, getting ready for my workout, it's aboug 4:45 - and some frigging a-hole behind us lets off 4-5 fireworks!  Sounded like gunshots!  The cats scattered, scared the crap out of me, The Hub comes barreling naked out of the bedroom with his gun . . .   I was about the call 911 when he said it was fireworks.  He could smell the sulphur.  Oh man was I mad!

And then I had to take one of my  kitties who is very sick to the vet this a.m.    We'll see.

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance