Masters Running

Manchester Road Race (Read 371 times)

Sweet and simple....

14,000 registered runners. God only knows how many unregistered.

Lined with spectators and bands.

Ran with my favorite running partner, daughter Kim, and my triathlete lady friends.

4.75 miles.

Huge long hill.

Tons of costumes.

51:19 mins.

Drinks and bagels at the tri friends house. All in all a good time.

The good part is this was my first race post injury. 10 months off running. All I wanted to do was run the full way. And I did run it strong too.

Laurie Its good to be back to running!! Thank GOD!

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

HappyFeat

Sounds like it was a very fun event - costumes, bands, drinks, and RUNNING STRONG - I like it! Good for you, Laurie!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

welcome back to running strong as ever, especially getting to do it in such a famed event.

It's one a lot of us would be doing every year if we lived there too.

how was the weather this year?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Tetsu, the weather was perfect. Overcast and 50 degrees! Lots better than last year when we froze!

Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Tramps

Its good to be back to running!! Thank GOD!

Woo hoo!  Great to hear it went so well.

(14,000 runners?!  Wow.)

Be safe. Be kind.

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Glad you had a good time.

I embarrassed all the PBJsters this year:

http://blogs.courant.com/running/2009/11/manchester-road-race-prisoners.html

SteveP

Laurie, that time is amazing with 13.999 of your closest friends getting in the way.

SteveP

SteveP

Glad you had a good time.

I embarrassed all the PBJsters this year:

http://blogs.courant.com/running/2009/11/manchester-road-race-prisoners.html

I don't see how.

SteveP

Renee the dog

Yea!  I remember reading about your hard times...so glad you are healed and back at it!  Congratulations!!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

flyin, good job in the race and especially great you are back to racing.  Congratulations.

TomS

Congratulations on racing again after so long a layoff.  I hope this is the first of many such happy events.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

wildchild

Carolyn

Congrats on your return to running and racing!  You're lucky to be able to run with your daughter, too.  Did you guys wear costumes?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

The good part is this was my first race post injury. 10 months off running. All I wanted to do was run the full way. And I did run it strong too.

Yay!!!!  Great news!!!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

coastwalker

Hi Laurie,

Great job! Your sure picked a great party race for your comeback - Manchester on Thanksgiving is always something special. Especially with that looooong uphill, this is also a challenging race for a comeback, so kudos to you for doing so well.

What's next?

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

dg.

Laurie, congratulations!    To run a good strong race like that, after all you've been through, is really something to be proud of.     So glad you are back in action!