Masters Running

Tuesday 2/5/19 (Read 42 times)

SteveP

Joe618 learns a lesson. He runs it off with 5 in shorts.

RunnerKSA gets out for an early 3.2 miles. She logs an additional 2 after work.

Coastwalker survived a day of meetings and burns it off with 5.7 RW miles.

HollyS takes it to the streets with 4.3 miles.

Surly bill takes 5 after his surprise 50K. Wow!!! Your drive home didn't make me jealous.

AnneB knocks out 3.45 on the dark side.

Fatozzig mixes it up.

Dave59 kicks it up to 3.24 miles!! Come on MOJO!!!

Tetsujin209 records 2.5 pole position miles in the snow.

Stumpy is recovering after trying to tucker out a pup.

Tom White listens to his crazy brother and still has the mental fortitude to extend the pool run to 50 minutes.

Mrrun meets up with Henrun after a stint as a biker chick.

The beloved quickadder checks in.

C-R taxis DS to an indoor track meet.

Tramps rides with post bowl momentum for 22 miles.

Pfriese has 5 in the park.

Henrun checks in.

Falconfixer has a nice 5.

Spacityrunner has 5 in her own little world.

MikeE keeps it indoors for 9 power miles.

SteveP how do you manage to get in so many miles on snow covered trails per week? That is not easy.

One step at a time.Simple doesn't mean easy.

TwoCat ellipticals up.

Evanflein has 5.2 in the tire tracks.

Mariposai takes it to the gym with 6 on the treadmill and some cross training to boot.

Bioguy has three miles after a long long day.

I took Tag out for three road miles before work.

SteveP

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thanks again for the early recap/start, Steve. Nice workout for you and Tag this morning. And nice Dark Side capture.

Great work on your 'surprise' 50K, S. Bill, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I don't like taking meds either, Tomwhite, but sometimes they are the best of the options available. I hope you heal quickly.

Welcome back, Pfriese.

3.4 EZ RW miles this AM in 37° temps, but still with some skim ice on the roads from yesterday's snow melt, making the going interesting, and making me glad I was taking it EZ.

Have a greta Tuesday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Henrun

2 RW miles in 60 sunny degrees. I could get used to this. Another leisurely day in the sun before we meet hometown friends for dinner. Tomorrow we meet a local couple (both runners) for lunch. We met them on a runners cruise about 15 years ago.

(((Tom White)))

Thanks, Steve and good morning!   3.1 outside miles- 57 degrees.  I got to start later because I have an appointment this morning for this blue light treatment on my face due to some really early pre-cancerous spots.  I can't be in ANY sunlight for 48 hours, so unless it stays cloudy (which it might), I can't go to work.  We shall see.   I might look red and nasty anyway, but I would deal with that if the sun isn't out!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Joe618

Morning everyone.   Great wrap up, Steve.  "Simple doesn't mean it's easy."   Yes.

You are living out the "blue light special", Karen?    Hope that works well for you and extinguishes any bad cells there.

First Tuesday in three weeks with reasonable weather this morning to get in my Hansonian Interval workout.   5 x 1,000m this morning.   Target pace for these was 8:05/mile...I ran consistently but at 8:15/mile.   Tough workout.      How Mike gets to the 6:20s on his workouts like this is totally impressive.

I do appreciate the fact that in the next neighborhood over from ours is a series of streets on which I can loop various distances for the intervals.   Then the warm up and cool down is on the jog from my house to this network.   I'm just positive the developer was a track star in college and laid out the streets to accommodate such activities, right??

Rock it today, folks.

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Greetings, all.  Short burst of springtime today.  Made it out this morning for 3.1 lake loop all by myself.  somewhere around 40°, so shorts weather in February--can't beat it!  Still slow as molasses, but this time, slightly warmer molasses at least.

Last night was also a good night for walking, so Maggie and I did a lake loop before bed.  JUST a bit slower than this morning.

Thought I was off to NC tomorrow for the rest of the week as of last night.  This morning, thankfully before I made travel arrangements, all of the sudden, it's not as critical as everyone thought.  Of course, this means that there's a possibility of moving into next week where there's different plans that it could bollix up. 

Falcon--sorry I never made it down there while you were still in the RDU area--love to hear more of what you hint at.

And in an annual sign that spring is on the way, the equipment truck left Fenway for Florida yesterday, and I believe only 8 days until P&Cs. not much off time between seasons, for sure.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks.

Bioguy -   Sleep sure has been better for me (and DH) since he got his C-Pap.

Erika - do your parents have to fly to Seattle for doctor appts very often?  Kind of makes Leslie's 6-hour drive seem easier.  I really feel for you folks that have to go so far for medical care.

KSA - I have had that treatment before, but was not told I could not go to work for 48 hours, only that I had to use copious amounts of sunscreen and to stay out of the sun as much as possible.

42 degrees this morning, so I got outside for 4.7 miles before work.  Two days of rain, then the cold comes back.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I'm just positive the developer was a track star in college and laid out the streets to accommodate such activities, right??

I got in my .75 mile walk after work yesterday, followed by my PT.  This morning when the alarm went off, everything was icy, so I just stayed in bed.  I'll get 'er done after work again.

Yesterday right before I was supposed to leave work, the hail came down like crazy.  Afterward, I went out the back door to leave and everything was nice and white and slippery with all those miniature balls in the ground and the shoes I was wearing didn't exactly have anything you could call traction.  As I stood there pondering how I was going to walk the 2.5 blocks to my car without falling on my butt, one of the secretaries was coming up the alley from taking the mail out.  She was parked in front of the office, so she drove me to my car.  Sounds wimpy, but I'm still terrified of doing something that will compromise the surgery.  I now have a pair of running shoes in my office for just such future occasions.

Enjoy ~~

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Joe618

And in an annual sign that spring is on the way, the equipment truck left Fenway for Florida yesterday, and I believe only 8 days until P&Cs. not much off time between seasons, for sure.

Oh, is that great news!!   I have the first real spring training game marked on my calendar, the A's and Mariners two weeks from Thursday.  Makes me smile just to think about it!!   Red Sox haven't had much time off, indeed.   Others of us have, sadly.

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

anneb

Wonderful news!!

Leslie - be careful! Ice is one thing that will keep me inside (well not that you could avoid getting to your car somehow). Lucky your co-worker came along.

So yesterday was 48, today was 27 but felt like 18! Winter has returned  We also had some spots of 'skim ice' like Jay said where it doesn't quite dry up enough and what is left freezes. Anyways, speaking of ice, we have an ice storm warning for tonight (PM rush). Sometime overnight, it's supposed to switch from ice to rain though. Should be an interesting commute home!

Anne

Tramps

Thanks again, Steve.

Henry (and Marj) --yeah, that was quite a New England sports weekend... and a good day for a parade today (and now the Sox truck is on its way, too!).  Glad you enjoyed it.

Hope the meds provide some relief, Tom.

Tramps - was that the hurricane one with, or was it, Will-Run-for-Beer. Mainly because I seem to recall there was so much water on the road, that one were worse than any of the steady deluges I've run out here in the PNW.

Yup; same weekend ten years ago. WRFB and PDR were in Rhode Island and got worse weather, I think. I was in MA (Baystate) and got lots of cold rain in the second half of the marathon, which turned to snow in places as I drove home. Not so fun. (And Holly, I think that's about 9 hours for me, though on that day I suspect it was longer.) I think Deez ran the half that day (or volunteered?), too.

Sounds like nice weather in the East, not so much in the West. Kind of crazy 70F here and will still go up a couple of degrees this afternoon. Windows are open, which is awesome in February.  Couldn't pass up the chance for another ride; 22 miles.

Be safe. Be kind.

Henrun

Unfortunately we’re leaving Florida before spring training starts. Last year we saw a couple of games. Next year we’ve already made housing arrangements so that we’ll be here when the games start.

Just finished watching the Patriots victory parade on tv. How the seasons seem to merge😎.

evanflein

Well, spring is still a ways off here, so you guys all enjoy yourselves, ok? But hey, we're over 7 hours of daylight now! (I think 7:18 today) And yes, we track the minutes gained (or lost) daily on the weather reports.

Thanks, Steve, always appreciate the witty recap. Sometimes I go back to the day before to re-read someone's entry more carefully!

Holly, my parents have pretty specialized orthopedic needs. There are lots of orthopedists here, and they've both had surgery here (joint replacements). But for anything else they go to the University of Washington Medical Center as they've found some physicians they like who are nationally recognized experts in their fields. My dad is almost 92 and my mom is 88. At their age, they don't want to take any chances. And they have the money, insurance and time to do this so, why not. My sister is retired so she usually goes with them (as she is with dad now), and I'm the backup (I went last year in March).

Joe, good job on getting the intervals done. I'll be doing mine on the treadmill tonight, I think. I've never been able to do it out on the roads like some do. And yes, Mike's speed on those (and everything else) is pretty crazy.

KSA, hope all goes well. I need to make an appointment with a dermatologist soon but keep putting it off. There are a couple of spots I want looked at.

Another mild day here and so far no more snow, but I know it's coming. Today I've got commitments during the day so can't get out to run. Too bad, as it looks better out there (plowing-wise) than yesterday (and that wouldn't take much, really). So I'll hop on the treadmill for about an hour tonight when I get home. We had our second to last dance class last night and you can sure tell we missed practice last week!

[[[fatozzig]]]..............I actually got caught Running in a Hailstorm once,

didn't particularly hurt

so I finished the run

.........my DW claims that's why I'm Like This....

===========

...but I digress......

....62-degrees

75-min HH at soccerfields 1-5s

........HS kids were using one of the fields,

so I switched to a different route,  it thru my time off.

Back liked it,

so everything is Tickety-Boo

...............Good Running to Ya.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

I'm at work.  I have to stay completely out of the sun- even "cloudy sun".  I look fine with makeup on.  Not so great when I left the dr. office.  It hurt pretty much for the 16 minutes of the blue light- felt like my face was being lit on fire, but it's bearable.  I have my office shades lowered.  I have to go back in 3 weeks (maybe it's 4 weeks).

I went to a Red Sox spring training game last year in Ft. Meyers and it was fun, but we got tickets from a seller in the parking lot and we were, literally, as far from home plate as you could get-  top row in the far outfield.  It was still fun.  David Price is my favorite professional athlete, although he wasn't there that night.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth