Masters Running

Tuesdaily, 6.5.18 (Read 35 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Monday’s workouts:
    RunnerKSA (3.1 EZ morning miles in 58° temps)
    Tramps (5 cool, dry morning miles)
    Dave59 (light flexibility and stretching work)
    C-R (10K run)
    Holly (6 miles in dry 61° temps)
    Deeze (45 min Spin class + 45 min Body Pump + core work)
    Wildchild (9.2 trail miles up Bergen Peak - 7,800 ft to 9,700 ft)
    Surly Bill (6 miles at 8:25 pace)
    Mike (5 EZ miles + lawn mowing cross-training)

Welcome back, Deeze - keep up the good work! Agreed about Dr. Robin.

Wildchild, I suppose that RD can charge what he wants if people are willing to pay it. I, like you, wouldn’t pay that kind of money for a race. I’ll bet the hug yesterday made the whole race worth the effort for the lead runner!

Good to take a rest day, Evanflein. Sounds like you needed/deserved it.

Holly, similar to what others here have said, it appears to me that there is something more going on with your neighbor that you’ll likely never know. A reasonable person wouldn’t fly off the handle, make unfounded accusations, and call the police because someone took the high ground and returned a wallet they just found. The lady doth protest too much. Too often, people get like that when they don't want to admit/acknowledge something closer to home actually happened. If it were me, I’d still tell DD that she absolutely did the right thing by returning the wallet, but also that she should stay away from the woman next door, and not talk to her under any circumstances without you or your DH present.

You’re a funny guy, Tet!!

A small group of us went yesterday to plant beach grass in some dunes that need extra stabilization. The rain we'd had in the morning had almost stopped, but it was chilly and the wind coming off the water was more than a bit unpleasant. We quickly rescheduled for later in the week when we hope to have more accommodating weather.

6.6 paper bag RW miles in 46° temps and under overcast skies this morning. My right big toe is still sore and swollen about 3 weeks after dropped the pegboard on it. Maybe next week I'll take it in to have someone look at it.

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Sees-the-Ground

barefootin'

6 cool miles.  Finally got a break from the heat and apparently I was making a lot of progress without knowing it.

Bill Wagnon / stl

Toes take a long time to heal, Jay, but there usually isn't much they can do about it.  You should make sure there isn't any kind of infection, though.

3.4 miles this morning- still good weather.  We had a horrible thing here yesterday.  A trainer who owns a studio in a nice part of town was killed when a former employee who had been fired 14 months ago came into the gym at 7 am and murdered him with a hatchet.  They haven't caught the guy yet.  The murdered man had 5 kids and was a good friend of my sports doc.  The guy was bipolar and had been posting strange stuff- but how do you know when someone is going to kill a person with a hatchet?  I'm not sure what's going on in this world.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tramps

She's been waiting her whole life for this.

One more win.

Be safe. Be kind.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Good game last night.  Although the Caps appear to have embedded a puck magnet in both posts of the LV goal.  ;-)  Guess I am rooting for the Caps, at least a little.

I had PLANNED on a run this morning.  Had all the running gear set out.  remembering to set the alarm for running time would have been a good second step. 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Quickadder

5.4 easy early morning miles with DD. Still trying to rehydrate after the weekend runs and this was quite enough for today with dew point at 74.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Henrun

Achilles continues to behave. Fitted in a 1.5 mile run between dental appointment and PT.

Way to go CAPS!

Walked another 3 miles today.

TammyinGP

Hi All,

Ran 3 miles when I got home last night.  Originally had a meeting after work but that got cancelled, so guess I can run again tonight.

Next few days will be too busy for running.

Graduation ceremonies are tomorrow night, then it's the All Night Senior Party, of which I'm a chaperone and in charge of a few of the games. I guess since I'm not running the relay this this year, this is how I'll still get in an all-nighter 
                    Thursday I'll be junk.

We were also originally going to have David's graduation bbq on Saturday, but wouldn't you know - probably the one and only day it rains in June is this weekend. rainy, low 60's, which means it'll be more like upper 50's where I live. So, we are postponing it to the following weekend, where the extended forecast calls for upper 80's and 90's. (which by the way is also the weekend of the Wild Rogue Relay - I know how much some of my former teammates here loved running in that Oregon heat!)

Tammy

Tramps - Great pic!

Tet - Bermuda shorts and long sleeves - 

Holly - That stinks about the neighbor, but like everyone else is saying, her attitude seems pretty suspicious.  It'd be interesting to know her son's take on the whole situation.  But as said before, your DD should stay far away from the lady from now on.

I couldn't drag myself out of bed this a.m.  Well, that's not true.  I was wide awake at 4:30, but who wants to run 3 miles at 4:30 in the morning?  Will get in my 3 after work.

Mr Mr seems to be on the mend after a super antibiotic shot on Friday and 3 days of pain meds.  He has not, however, been appreciative of my efforts to shove a pill down his throat, but he's easier than Wilson or Zig.  I won't even try with those two anymore.

Okay - I got work to do.  Later ~~

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

...mid-80s here

==============

...150-min Hill Repeats

with weights...............possibly GolfClubs, but I couldn't PROVE that today

followed by

trip to the Y........turned out I had forgotten to pack Trunks..........Looked to the heavens, said ''Scroot''.........and doddered home

.....Good Running to Ya........

........going Shooting tomorrow.............what could possibly go wrong??

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

C-R

Greetings from Las Vegas. Business trip got me here at 6 am local so I drove out and ran trails at Red Rocks. Wonderful scenery but oh my those trails are challenging. Still fun.

Tet - the 2018 in 2018 running game has an all star week where 4 people from each team are selected to run as many miles as possible with other all stars. Almost like National League vs American League. For some strange reason I was selected so I'm running doubles this week to keep pace as best as I can.

good to hear about your cat Leslie.

Sad story Karen and it does seem things are getting worse or its just in the news more often from places we would have never heard in the past. Gotta fill that 24 hour news channel cycle.

Ok back to work.

Here is the Relive link with some pics - https://www.relive.cc/view/1619097465

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Leslie- my recent discovery with cats/pills is that my cats love the hairball prevention goop in the tube.  I put the pill in a glob of that on my finger and shove it in the cat's mouth and down goes the pill.  My cats are partial to a particular flavor, though.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Holly, similar to what others here have said, it appears to me that there is something more going on with your neighbor that you’ll likely never know. A reasonable person wouldn’t fly off the handle, make unfounded accusations, and call the police because someone took the high ground and returned a wallet they just found. The lady doth protest too much. Too often, people get like that when they don't want to admit/acknowledge something closer to home actually happened. If it were me, I’d still tell DD that she absolutely did the right thing by returning the wallet, but also that she should stay away from the woman next door, and not talk to her under any circumstances without you or your DH present.

absolutely, especially the "doth protest" part that someday will probably be revealed

Many kudos to your DD

She's been waiting her whole life for this.

I saw the same shot on TV and thought it was great too.

However, with that caption, they should have shown

her grandparents like they were doing for the Red Sox, Cubs, etc.

Leslie -  the very first citizens running race I ran (1974 in Japan)

was a 5K in a cold November where I was the only one

who showed up in long pants to keep warm so Bermudas

was a giant step up. Unfortunately, I haven't progressed

much further than that more than 40 years later.

With other things in lire simmering down, woke up very early this morning

(only about 2-3 hours after j-o'clock) and got over to LA Fitness

for the first time in about two months for the 5:30 a.m. spinning class, . . .

. . . only to find out they've suspended the morning classes for the summer

so decided to give my new smaller version, single-pane goggles

from the REI Memorial Day sale a test to see how long

they would stay unfogged, . . . . but had to quit laps

after 20-minutes when they wouldn't fog up and I could still see.

Just in time for an 8:00 dentist appointment, though, to remove

two old crowns for new ones that'll be needed for the more uniform bite

needed for the planned apnea jaw adjustment appliance for night time use.

Took until 9:50!  No wonder there's little that's more stressful

nowadays than going to the dentist for what was already estimated

at more than a thousand dollars without having any idea

of how much insurance will cover until it's all done.

However, I must be used to it as the dentist commented

afterwards that, "I've never seen anybody who sleeps so much"

I thought (but didn't say): "that's what you get for taking two hours!"

Unfortunately, I have about three more of the same to go.

ps dave: the local equivalent I like is DW's hairdresser: "Hair it is!"

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

KSA - That is terrible!  A hatchet of all things, what is the world coming to?

Tammy - you have my sympathies.

Tet - you, too...good luck with your dental treatment (and the bills that come with it).

As for the neighbor, DD told me that the mom has not liked her in years, which is why they spend more time over here than over there - no idea what that's about.  I'm just glad we have security cameras in case someone gets the idea to egg our house or key our cars.  The whole thing seems way out of proportion.

At any rate, I was pretty upset about the whole situation and had a restless night because of it, so decided to take a rest day today and sleep in another hour.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."