Masters Running

Wyoming vacation pictures (Read 226 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

We spent 10 days backpacking in the Wind River Mountains in west-central Wyoming - one of our very favorite places in the world! We covered about 75 miles, and had great weather - not a drop of rain the whole time. The mosquitoes were bad the first week, then not so bad, as things were getting drier. We originally planned to be out for 12 days (two 6-day trips with a stop back at the car between to re-stock food and fuel). Unfortunately, on day 4 of our second trip, Tazzie met a porcupine. We pulled about 20 quills before she hit her limit and wouldn't tolerate any more. So we hiked back to the trailhead and went to a vet to finish the job. Tazzie's fine now - no lasting harm done. Here's a picture of DH, DD, Tazzie and Ladybug at the start of the hike. The dogs did really well carrying all their food in their backpacks. Here's DH and DD fly fishing in one of the many lakes. Ladybug absolutely loved fishing and actually grabbed one of the fish in her mouth when DH was trying to release it! This is our highest camp, just at treeline, with the Cirque of the Towers in the distance. This is DD and the dogs playing on a snow field. These last two are of me and the dogs resting in the wildflowers, which were amazing.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

Beautiful! My husband's father and his wife live in Basin, Wyoming, and when we visited a couple years ago they took us to the Big Horn Mountains. Not sure how far that is from where you were here, but lovely country in that part of the world.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

DickyG

Thanks for sharing some terrific photos, Carolyn..the dogs are just so cool with their own backpacks. Also great pics of the fishing, wildflowers...and especially liked the one on top of the snow-topped peak...sort of reminds me of our ski trip to Jackson Hole some years ago. DickyG
        runnerclay

Consistently Slow

NICE! Cool

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Very nice wildchild! Thanks for sharing.
              Marvelous photos wildchild and thanks for sharing all these. The wildflowers photo is my favorite I think, but all the others are stunning as well. Welcome back! We missed you. Karin

Manchild

Snow fields!!!! Ya gotta be kiddin' me!!!! Beautiful Pics and thanks so much for this view of a place I have never before appreciated and seen. Carolyn, Thanks! Chris
                evanflein

Oh how much fun was this? Looks simply awesome. Thanks for sharing, and I love the picture of the dogs resting their bellies in the snow! My dog Cheyenne does that and it's so funny!

The Jogger

Carolyn, those pictures are amazing, I liked the way you were up in the snow in a tee shirt and down on the sunny river in a jacket Smile Thanks for sharing them........ Roy
                      What beautiful country! I have always dreamed of hiking in a place like that. I have traveled all through those areas but only in a car and although beautiful I can only imagine taking the time to become one with nature at that level. Someday maybe ! You are very lucky to live and run and vacation in such a great area of the country. Now remind me of saying that next February. Tongue Glad your back Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Top 'O the World!

Very Nice! Smile What a neat vacation! (except for the porcupine incident) I haven't been to that part of WY in several yrs...girlfriend & DH from Big Piney... Ya make me miss it!
                        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

King of PhotoShop

What a wonderful trip, and great representative pictures. Thanks so much. Spareribs
                            Gorgeous--I love that area. (Poor Tazzie Cry) Looks as if you (otherwise) had a grand time. grins, A Say Holly--there's a set of races in thos Bighorns in June--30K, 50K, 50 Miles and 100 miles, your choice! Very popular with the trailrunning contingent of my running club.
                            Masters 2000 miles
                            Tramps

Wildflowerchild, these are beautiful! Looks like a wonderful trip.

Be safe. Be kind.

Great pics! Thanks so much for sharing. I've never had the opportunity to go backpacking, but would love to someday. Wyoming is one of those "destination" vacations we keep talking about. Someday . . . . . Blush

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance