Masters Running

Tuesday, June 15 Daily...... (Read 599 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!

I dragged myself up and out the door for 4 miles with Brinkley.   My goal was to keep it easy and try to keep my heart rate down.   It was fairly windy, a bit warm and humid, but all in all a nice morning.  10:45 / 10:41 / 10:11 / 10:11  155 Avg. HR - 10:27 avg. pace

I just received the cutest pictures of one of the last puppies to go.   Great way to start the day!

{{{Wannabee}}} Hope things go well for your son today.

Enjoy your Tuesday!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Dave59

Running rest day since I am going every other day for a while with my sore calf.  If I can find some motivation, I'll do some push-ups and ab stuff.  Maybe get out my stability ball and do some "before" videos.   

BlazinCajun

Mowed the lawn yesterday instead of running in the 103° humid air. Decided to run a tempo workbout at work this morning. 1.5 miles easy, 2.81 tempo @7:08/mile, 0.69 cool down. 5 miles total.

Andrew

Andrew
        ------------------
        God, my Lord, is my strength;
        he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
        and enables me to go upon the heights.
        Hb 3:19

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

10 miles this morning.  Saw a deer and three bunnies, and found a golf ball.  Yet I was disappointed because I didn't see the bear.

Our rescue dog Sophie broke into the pantry in the basement Sunday night.  She helped herself to a bag of croutons and two bags of chocolate chips.  Chocolate covered croutons - salty and sweet.  She really has a nose for creative recipes.  No signs of distress at all yesterday.  She's one tough cookie! 

Slo

Dogs do love chocolate........I'm wondering about the croutons though.......I wonder if it's the garlic ??

6.5 for me this morning. Blew a few cob webs out of the pipes. Did some random interval type runs.......no measured distance.....just practice pacing and searching for a smooth stride.......I measured one  >>>> .97 miles @ 6:22. I don't think I could finish a 5k at this pace........That's my training for the week. Bring on the Puke !

Ready for a busy day.

Run Master Run !

Dang Wannabe......Just went back to catch up on the late post in yesterdays daily......Quite the day you had. Nice final mile.......I had my shoulder over-hauled 3 years ago. Tell your DH to listen to what the doctors say. It takes along time for it to completely heal.......I wrecked my surgery by trying to push the healing.

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

{{{healing vibes to Wannabe's DS as he has his surgery today}}}  Kirsten - I want to come to one of YOUR parties - sounds lovely!

Leslie informed me yesterday that I am able to create “stickies” – very kewl!  I forget sometimes that I am the moderator here, and have never really explored my "powers.".  You folks are so well-behaved, I’ve never had to use the “censor” button even once. 

10 miles for me this morning in 69° and 100%, (ave pace 9:44), including 16 x 100m striders and one mile in the middle at (8:35).  Feeling pretty close to recovered from the 50K, but I'll continue to be careful about speedwork for a little longer.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Slo or other American Picker fans ...... I fell asleep before I found out if the booby trap is really a booby trap.   I instructed DH to stay awake, but he nodded off too.   Can you tell me what happened?  Big grin

PBJ - Chocolate covered croutons - might be on to something there!  Wink

Nice 10 miler Holly!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Nice runs Mary, Blazin, PBJ, Slo and Holly.

Wannabe, hope all goes well for you and DS today.

Dave, 

This morning I did a slow 4.4 w/ lots of hills.  This was my 4th day in a row to run, which is pretty unusual for me. 

I'm a big believer in several rest days throughout the week, but you guys are keeping me motivated!

I am so looking forward to getting my long overdue Garmin.  I ordered 1 of those new 110's from RoadRunners but it keeps getting back ordered. Of course when I get it, I won't be posting my splits for this group of speed demons to see!

Happy Tuesday all!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Nice tempo portion Blazin!

PBJ.. so much for chocolate being bad for dogs... mine nver get upset from it... but I did when Sadie ate the Christmas treats last December.

Fast Slo!

Nice 10 Holly.. 100% Smile

Very muggy here too 90's all week!

2 mile walk with Tory and Sadie in 27:22 then

3.12 miles running in 30 min (9:37 pace, AHR 159) Not bad but the air was very thick.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Slo

Slo or other American Picker fans ...... I fell asleep before I found out if the booby trap is really a booby trap.   I instructed DH to stay awake, but he nodded off too.   Can you tell me what happened?  Big grin

Mary.....I wasn't able to watch it last night so I can't tell you. These guys became overnight local celebrities here. Last week their town, just 20 mins away, hosted an "American Pickers" weekend. It brought in 1000's of people........Mike and Frank we're signing autographs........Dang near sold thier store out.  Quite amazing how an obscure show about two antique / junk dealers can become the #1 cable show. They orginally  filmed 6 episodes and replayed them for 12 weeks.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

- from an aid station

in a marathon in Japan

Salt and Chocolate

Digestive Biscuits.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

butterfly hugs to wannaberunner and her son. I hope the surgery is going well.

tetsujin, that treat looks good to me right now. Japan marathon sounds like a fun place to run.

Still not running, the stomach bug really did me in this time. If the body allows me I will run tomorrow. I don't think I have the energy to run any time sooner than that.  dg, how many virtual miles did I run with you today?

Are you having a FANTASTIC day?...I sure hope so

BlazingCajun, 103  be careful out there. Good to see you around here.

I was thinking that I would like to be hiking or running with Carolyn on her trails!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

hopeful, congrats to your husband on his award for his bike.  EGH, happy anniversary.  wannabe, it sounds like you had a hectic day yesterday.  I hope your son's surgery goes well today.  mariposai, I hope that stomach bug goes away quickly.

Nice long runs for PBJ and holly (with speedwork).

This morning it was in the low 60s and there was a little wind.  It was a bit harder than usual but I got in 8 miles in enough under 1:24 for a 10:28 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

wildchild

Carolyn

Kristin, I hope your son's surgery goes well today.  Amazing that you can be a "Martha Stewart" hostess in the middle of all you've been going through!

Mariposai, I'd love to run some mountain trails with you!  It's nice and cool here, too!  I'm with you on tent camping in the wilderness - no RVs for my family!  Hope you recover quickly from your stomach crud. 

Hi to Helen, Andrew, and PBJ - nice to see you guys posting!  And it was  nice to see Tall popping in a few days ago, too!  Ennay, I hope you post again soon, too! 

Yesterday afternoon it finally stopped raining, and I went for a great 5 mile trail run on the way home, 10:14 avg pace.  The first two miles were downhill and I "blew some cobwebs out" as Slo put it.  Felt great!  Of course I'm not nearly as fast as Slo, but it was fun!  The trail was beautiful - very green, and by a very loud creek that was running full from all the recent rain.  The cottonwood "snow" was everywhere - sounds like some of you were talking about that weeks ago. I guess summer is finally here in the Rockies! 

Hey - I have a request.  We're heading off on vacation to Scotland on Thursday and I need a volunteer to do the June Masters Miles, since I won't be home till July 6th.  Any takers? 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

....they wouldn't let me poolrun last night

they said

''the pool has a Chemical Imbalance''

my first thought was

''The pool is BI-POLAR??''

.........never had this problem running,  the dirt is ALWAYS ready.....

trying it again tonite,

.........................good running guys..............Run Sane.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....