Masters Running

Weightloss Post Holiday Challenge - Week 1 (Read 295 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, today's weigh-in puts me UP 1 lb. Not surprising, after the mega-caloric load I took in last weekend at the Melting Pot. Boy it was good, though. But it's time to crack down.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

The Jogger

The main thing is you enjoyed it Holly. I lost 2 pounds this week, was one, up until this morning and then the other one fell offSmile So now down to 198 lbs Thanks for this Holly, it really does help me to stay on track. Roy

Renee the dog

136 even. Basically up another 1/2 lb. No booze, sugar is way down (1-2 pieces of chocolate). I just can't throw out food. My 4 year old yelled at me all week to stop eating sugar. It's amazing what harassment can do for my motivation!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

I have made it a goal not to buy foods that I will mindlessly eat and it seems to be working. Down 4 from last week to 211. keeping a food journal has also been helpful.
          Dutchie42

Starting weight was 133.16 lbs five weeks ago and this morning I weighed in at 130.73. Guess I lost a little over 2 pounds. That'll have to do. Cut out the cookies last week. Will cut out the creamed soup at work this week.

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

I am here to dispell any myths that increasing exercise helps weight loss. Or is it that the more I do, the more I eat...? Up 2 lbs to tip the scale at 137 this morning.Embarrassed
              Mariposai

down 1. Increased my salad intake and started eating oatmeal plus 1 egg for breakfast every morning.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I skipped the weigh in this morning as I am "hormonally challenged" right now. I did weigh myself Monday and was down 1/2 pound - can I use that? Big grin

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Add me to the up category - up 1 lb, but I am figuring this likely is due to the time of the month. Hoping that it's water weight, but only time will tell. Guess I should have used Mary's excuse this a.m.!

Once a runner . . .

TammyinGP

down 2 lbs from my weigh-in last Friday. I actually feel like I've lost more than that based on how my pants are fitting me, but last night I nibbled on mini-chimichangas and salsa, so sort of high in salt content.

Tammy

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Okay, I'll bite (so to speak). I am currently 11 pounds over my ideal running weight. Focus.
                        evanflein

I was pleased to see I didn't gain much while on vacation. Even running a marathon, I always gain weight on trips. It used to all fall off pretty quickly, but now? Not so much... I didn't have a scale last week so don't know what I was, but this morning I was 141.5 which is still down 4 from where we started the original challenge so I'll call it all good for now. Goal is still to be in the mid-130's by Boston if possible...

Renee the dog

Well since I opened my mouth and said I want to run a marathon next year, my husband is questioning everything I put in my mouth. Big grin So, I drew* my "roadmap to Boston" and pasted it inside the pantry door. I also decided to wear red or black tops, so I don't hesitate to eat the pomegranates that are in the fridge. Hoping that will help during this challenge. *drew being the loose term for pasting some logos and type in Word, printing it out, and outlining + writing on the page in crayon. Hey, it was coloring time with the kids, and I'm really tired of coloring in Santa. They aren't yet...

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

My 4 year old yelled at me all week to stop eating sugar. It's amazing what harassment can do for my motivation!
                              I love your 4-year old and I don't even know her!!! Weighed in at 143.3, which is the same I weighed at the end of our holiday tracking. This takes me down 3.1 lbs from my original weigh in of 146.4. And I'm extremely hormonally challenged this week. Smile I think it helps that my digestive system isn't tolerating a heck of a lot right now and I have to be fairly careful what I eat.

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

down 2 from last week....153
                                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM