Masters Running

Sunday the 13th (lucky?) Daily (Read 35 times)

Tramps

Way to go Mariposai and son!  Great pic.

Nice going C-R. (How did I miss that yesterday?) Tough to be interrupted and still finish strong.

Nice racing, Tammy.  Sounds like a fun day.

Erika: “So, when you're short on time, decrease the distance and increase the intensity!” Sage advice.  I need to start doing this soon.

TW—does DD live in Turkey or was she visiting?  I missed all that.  Interesting place, especially these days.

Nice long runs from several people yesterday, including Paul, Joe, and Enke.

Well, I did my “long” run today: 7 miles!  Woo hoo.  Already in the 70s out there on its way to the mid-80s today.  Kind of hot for me but I’d better get used to it.

Have a great day.

Be safe. Be kind.

wildchild

Carolyn

You'd better not be complaining about the weather, Tramps - it's 25° and snowing here today, and we could get up to a foot of snow.    JTWILI.

Excellent racing for Tammy, Norm, and Posie and son!

I ran 12 trail miles yesterday.  I may take the dogs out for a run today, or I might just sit by the fire and read.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

King of PhotoShop

Rain, wind and lightning here. But I hate to put up a zero, so I sneaked out during what I thought was a lull in the conditions. Got about half a mile from the house, and as Emeril would say, "BAM!" here it comes again.  Pretty zippy return run home though!  Spareribs

Beautiful day here, warm 78 and sunny!

Enjoyable 10 miles this morning with the club, the wonderful morning brought out a lot of fair weather friends.  Nice to see them again.

Enjoy!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

pfriese

Trying to get as much yard work as possible done before wildchild's storm comes blowing through here.

Paul

Marathon Maniac #957

Beautiful day here, too - 74 degrees and mostly sunny, although the wind is howling around the house.

I got in 11.2 miles this morning along the river.  TomWhite - watch out - those geese are nesting again.  This is their touchy season.

My foot is greatly improved, but my legs were just pooped.  I know I ran a marathon last week, but really, it's the slowest road marathon I have ever done.  Surely my legs should feel more recovered than this.  Have I aged so much this year? 

Now I'm off to enjoy some windy golf with DD.

Happy Sunday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

rhoon, congrats on passing your instrument rating checkride.  mari, it sounds like a great weekend with your son, including first mom/son team in the race.  tomw, great that you're having a Claire visit and seeing your daughter.  pfriese, nice opie meetup while racing.  C-R, good job on your speedy marathon.  Tammy, way to go on your 8th consecutive 10 mile race.

Nice long runs for mari, Twocat, pfriese, shadow, enke, Twocat, wild, Sarge, and Holly.

Yesterday morning, it was in the high 30s and almost calm.  I got in 6 miles at an 11:30 pace.  This morning, it was in the mid 40s and there was some wind.  I did 3 miles at a 10:31 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

C-R

Happy Sunday!

Got 3 recovery miles today. Still quite sore but I guess that means I worked hard yesterday.

I went with my boys to the inaugural Indy 11 professional soccer match. Full house of 11,000 fans. It was a great time and super to see the community be there. We have season tickets (they were not very expensive) and the husband and wife sitting behind us know nothing of soccer. They just thought it would be fun. Now that was awesome.

Keep going Tramps. 7 will seem like a warm up in no time.

After running trails in AZ I am very envious of your routes Carolyn. Enjoy.

WTG Ribs but no messing around with lightning please.

Glad to see your foot is healing Holly and yes I agree with you and Sarge - its nice to have some fair weather.

Good run Tom in the cold.

Well now its time for some Masters viewing.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy Sunday afternoon.

Nice "long" run for Tramps and long runs for Holly, Sarge, and Wild.

Congrats on BQ, Norm.  Very speedy with breaks.

Went out for first run after resting a tweaked hammy for more than 2 weeks.  No twinges or anything while waiting.  That lasted about 3/4 of a mile and same effect in the same spot   Any suggestions for treatment or where to look for treatment would be welcomed.  I can't keep this up much longer.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

wildchild

Carolyn

Bummer, Stumpy.   Maybe ask Twocat?

I took the dogs for a run, AND sat by the fire and read.  8.5 miles in the snow - it was tough, but very pretty.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

sit by the fire?? I'm wanting to sit by a fan! about 80 today, but feels more like 90 in my garden so I didn't stay out there long this afternoon.

David and I got in a run this morning. He ran 6 which is new distance PR for him and I ran 5. We did a 4 mile loop near his old elem school and finished up with a few laps on the track. looking forward to a cool down to mid 60's by the middle of the week so this next track meet won't be so warm.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

ran Seahawks 12K this morning just in time before it became summer in the afternoon (70+-degrees).

Dr. Vivian (48yo) ran a PR 1:08 on running about five times since last year.

Super-Sylvia (70yo-1:20) beat both Dr. Feman Frank (82yo -1:26 and a coming-off-of-being-sick) and me (70yo - 1:30) for the first time.

Frank said he's giving an expo talk or something over on the eastern side of the state covering starting to run at 54yo, 28 or so Ironman Hawaii’s since 1985 with longest training runs being 13 miles, etc.  I'd love to go too but traveling time is getting pre-empted by other swirlings over here).  I sent mariposie a photo in case she knows anything about it.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Sooo, the taper boy met up and ran with my Orchards in Blooms key note speaker?

I am back home after a fantastic "Mom's weekend"   with son Daniel. Funny, his college friends kept calling me...First mom, after my first place win at the 5k run yesterday. I so enjoyed hanging out with my son. We sure have fun, either hanging out with his friends or just alone chatting all night long.

After driving home for 5 hours this afternoon I arrived home just on time as the not Easy Pacer was going out for a run. I went running with him, of course. 6 miles with him, then 2 more miles on my own as I ran back home.

Ohhh, my tulips welcomed me with gorgeous flowers! I love spring! Every day is different.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

A gorgeous day here today! Temps in the upper 40's, lower 50's even with the high clouds blocking some of the sun. 15.6 miles on a relatively flat course, dodging some puddles and mincing over icy spots. A few more days of this should take care of that ice, I hope. This week should be good for that. Today's pace of 8:15 average was a little faster than I was planning, but it was good to see a faster finish, with 8:20's in the beginning, and 8:05's in the end.