Masters Running

Saturdaily, 4.28.18 (Read 39 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Friday’s workouts:
    RunnerKSA (early Fall morning workout of 3.1 miles with tight leges)
    Dave59 (4 tired morning miles)
    Henrun (slow 2.2 miles in new Saucony Kinveras)
    Fatozzig (30 min of core/ST after a night with the ladies)
    Deeze (5 min w/u on the ARC trainer + tough Body Pump class + 15 min of core/abs + Rosi outdoor bike ride)
    Pfriese (EZ 6 park & back miles)
    dg. (45 min post-PT walk)
    Catwhoorg (5 lunchtime, storm-free miles)
    Falconfixer (3-4 mile walk before Saturday’s Tour de Pickle)
    Mike (5.8 night-time miles)

Good luck in the marathon today, Bioguy! Good luck also to Pfriese, Mike and Opie in your races this weekend.

Deeze, congrats on getting back in the saddle outside again.

Boxes of vinyl plank flooring can be very heavy, dg. - be careful toting that around.

Sorry about the unhappy achilles, Surly Bill. Quite a difference between 1500s and ultras - are those your only options??

Two meetings yesterday: One with a mini race committee where we talked about beer and bobble-heads, and one with a 17 year-old drone pilot to talk about a ‘beauty’ video flight over our estuary for our non-profit's website. All good stuff. Our weekend guests (DW's sister & fam) arrived at about 11 last night. They have to be on their way to their DD's Irish step dance competition at about 6:30 this morning. DW and I leave for western MA for a memorial service for a friend at about noon. We hope to be back by 7 so we can at least have dinner with our guests. Then they have to be out at 6:30 again tomorrow for day #2 of the competition. We may go with them, if for no other reason than so we can spend a bit more time with them. Heck of a weekend...

I can't decide if I have a knot or a slight muscle tear in my left quad. It's nothing major, but I want it to stay that way, so I'm just doing some EZ stretching and core exercises this morning.

Have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

...good thinking jay//..........heal up

================

40-min PoolRun with letters

off to

knocksville til tuesday

good running to ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I went 3 miles, this morning...and, now...the thought of getting on a plane has consumed my every thought.  Have I ever told you how much I hate flying?

Okay--gotta go pack.  See ya!

Crap!  I can’t find my lacrosse ball!

5 miles in foggy suburban Philadelphia.  Did about a mile on my old high school track (which is really nice, now) as part of the run.  Leg felt good on the track and tight (but getting better) the first few miles on the road.    Found a stray lacrosse ball and brought it back with me to roll my leg.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Henrun

A speedier 2.2 miles this morning. I was passed by 50 or more marathon trainers. They were all wearing neon orange singlets and they were mostly young and fast.

Tramps

Hope the marathoners have fun today and tomorrow!

Out for a foggy 5 this morning.

Be safe. Be kind.

spacityrunner

3.2 around the neighborhood in the warmth of the mid morning sun.  It is going to be a chamber of commerce day today.  Yard work and kayaking on tap for the rest of the day.  Oh, and a bonfire tonight to burn the fruits of my yard work.

MTA:  got 40 minuets of kayaking in before the gnats chased me off the lake. They were horrible!!  Saw a couple of turtles and one big fish!

Trails Rock!

Quickadder

Just over 10 miles (sorry OCD runners!) this morning with my usual Saturday morning running group at 9:36 pace. Very pleasant 55F at the 6am start, but nearly 70 by the finish. No-one seemed to want to run a few extra miles today, so I decided to pass too. Hopefully I can get some trail miles tomorrow instead.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Sorry about the unhappy achilles, Surly Bill. Quite a difference between 1500s and ultras - are those your only options??

Yeah, pretty much. I'm genetically inclined for middle distance, but enjoy multi-hour adventure runs. I don't think I'd be competitive in anything longer than 5k, and the ultras would be less about time and placing for me than just finishing and enjoying the run. Time will tell, I'm not emotionally invested in either. Maybe I'll continue my nearly 30 year streak of not entering any competitions. Oops, too late! I'm already slated for two track meets next weekend! Now I'll have to wait until I'm 85 to get back up to 30 years.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

bioguy

Not the result I had hoped for, but I'll take it- 4:15:49.  The race started at 8am and it was the first really warm day of the year. Mostly farmland course so little shade and when I crossed the finish it was 75, a big change from the mid-Atlantic weather I've trained in. Lots of aid stations, but I was incessantly thirsty the last 10 miles. Pace was pretty good till about 15, in fact I ran the first half faster than my Rock n' Roll half marathon in March 2017. Positives include no injury and a nice lunch with my soon to be med school graduate daughter and her husband. Think my next will be a December marathon in Rehobeth Beach Delaware.

Tailwinds!  And good luck to all who race tomorrow.

Not the result I had hoped for, but I'll take it- 4:15:49.  The race started at 8am and it was the first really warm day of the year. Mostly farmland course so little shade and when I crossed the finish it was 75, a big change from the mid-Atlantic weather I've trained in. Lots of aid stations, but I was incessantly thirsty the last 10 miles. Pace was pretty good till about 15, in fact I ran the first half faster than my Rock n' Roll half marathon in March 2017. Positives include no injury and a nice lunch with my son to be med school graduate daughter and her husband. Think my next will be a December marathon in Rehobeth Beach Delaware.

Tailwinds!  And good luck to all who race tomorrow.

Good job! Yep, the heat will suck the vim and vigor right out of you if you're not conditioned to it.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Tramps

Solid race, bioguy.  That early-in-the-year warmth is tough.

Be safe. Be kind.

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, beautiful day here as well.  I wound up doing 57 miles at the Tour de Pickle in Mount Olive.  Minimal wind but still a challenging day.  Not the terrain, not many hills around here; the group ride dynamics.  I rode as part of larger or smaller groups for the first 32 miles or so.  Then we joined a larger group....and almost immediately fractured.  I wound up riding most of the next 10 miles solo (at a decent pace but still).  We regrouped and I got to draft a young lady training for an Ironman.  Goodness!  She was flying and it was all I could do to hang on.  Then the inevitable shift to a higher gear....we made a turn and she didn't slow but I did.  Most of the last 12 miles was also solo and also at a decent pace (generally around 18 or 19 mph).  All in all a good day, I averaged 17.5 mph overall.  As an aside, it was only supposed to be 53 miles (somewhere we missed a turn but didn't pay too high a price for it); reminded me of the white oval sticker that reads "27.4; I got lost!"

Bio, had a similar situation at the inaugural ING Georgia Marathon (now Publix sponsors) in Atlanta.  It was already 70 degrees before the race began...got into the low 80s by the time I finished.  First few warm days are tough...and way tougher when you're doing a long race.  Great work and congratulations!

Need to pack to be head back to 'Bama tomorrow.  1 week of a lot of travel down....2 to go!  BTW, still no running and with work didn't walk too much either.  Knee continues to improve so I'm going to use that positive reinforcement and continue to stay off of it (running).  Please keep me accountable!

Have a great night everyone!

TammyinGP

7 miles on the local trails today with a friend (Barb - - who last years relay teammates remember). 
                              cool, overcast, a few droplets of rain once in awhile. nice running weather, but was a bit cold when watching David's tennis match prior to that.  but i'm sure he's even colder tonight as the employees are on their Hellgate Jetboart dinner excursion.

Tammy

evanflein

Good job, Bioguy! I think heat and humidity when you're not used to it, even if it's not "that" hot, can really make a difference. Sounds like you had a good run. Looking forward to meeting you in Rehoboth!

I got so much done around here today, it felt great! I like to do a big cleaning job before I leave and pretty much got that done today. Nice to see the rhubarb peeking out from their bed, even with snow all around. Got 7.2 miles in today, another "new" long distance since January and  a 2 mile increase from last week to 27.5 total.