Masters Running

40s 50s 60s+ On the Run - December 2013 (Read 24 times)

flatland mountaineer

I guess I am a vision candidate at the pt clinic. They have me set up in a week or so, we shall see.......In the meantime they have me doing some exercises and my pt had me take an old pair of sunglasses and put duct tape strips in the center to cover the white part of my eyes to run in. Think nerd glasses. Funny thing it seems to be working for the SI, Weird I tell ya. Anyway got 5 today and 4 Friday. I was locking up about a mile in last week.

Arla good news on you mom's vision, should help on the mobility. Good to get her going with the pt's asap and get some strength back. Dessa is pretty much unaffected by the cold even though she sleeps inside. She is not haired up like an outside dog but she has a good coat, only a few times she didn't care to stay out long, like -30 wind chills.

Speaking of excess poundage I have plenty to lose, the back thing started in Nov and I reduced my miles but not caloric intake. I have always had more success with physical activity than diet although I try to eat the good  good for you things.

Hauling corn to market, securing inputs, doing financials, machinery maintenance, and meetings/continuing ed is taking up my off season time on the farm.

Hey to Leslie, Stumpy and others out there.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III