Masters Running

Monday, 1.30.17 (Read 40 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Yesterday's excellent workouts:

C-R (3.3 X-country miles in sweatpants)

Mike (6 windy, "slap me," pre-church miles)

Holly (7 recovery miles, plus weights + core)

Catwhoorg (11 TM miles including 5X5 min at VO2 max)

Tramps (15 rail trail miles - longest since April)

BerthaSlayer (15.1 long miles with negative splits)

Spinach (12 cold & damp miles to get to 100 for Jan and 40 for the week)

Spacityrunner (6 miles with hillage on a beautiful day - longest since June)

Tammy (7 pre-crock pot pork loin miles - longest in a long time)

Enke (7.6 x-country skiing miles with chirping, chasing red squirrels)

Twocat (6 miles in nice January [but not June] weather)

Henrun (indoor cycling and elliptical while it rained in paradise)

Steve (5 miles - 9 for the hounds - including a Marley river swim)

Back to my regular time this morning - Twocat, I'm usually on my way to the office by 7AM, so that is way to late for my workouts. It was 25F with a light breeze (sorry, Mike), and the clearest sky with the most stars that I've seen in a long time. 6.8 mostly easy RW miles.

Have a greta Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Good morning Jay and those folks yet to visit. You're always so kind about the thumbs up for everyone else's runs/workouts Jay. Here's one for you today  Nice 6.8 miles under starry skies!

You are a very good friend Steve.

I got, got, got no time. 5.5 miles on the Y treadmill and 20 minutes of weights and core. Off to feed the monsters. I am retiring at the end of the school year!

Tramps

Good morning.

Thanks for starting us off, Jay.

Jlynne--Guess Who?

Twocat--it's a single firing range but they have property on both sides of the trail. They were not happy campers when this rail trail first opened up. My sense is everyone's learned to peacefully coexist.

We got a nice little coat of snow last night, the first snow this season to "stick."  Won't last long, though, so I snapped a few pictures on my morning run.  Here's the dirt road I live on that's a part of my routine daily route...

Also (while I was remembering how to post photos here) here's that coyote from earlier this month I'd mentioned. She was hanging out for awhile, eating crab apples in our back yard.

"Ran" 6 miles with multiple stops to snap some snow pics.

Have a good week.

Be safe. Be kind.

TammyinGP

great pics! that's a fox? looks coyote like to me. 

nice run Jay!

We were underwhelmed with my crockpot pork loin last night. it was okay but probably not a recipe I'd use again. 

rest day today for me.

Tammy

Henrun

The sun is back and I started the day with my stretches, a short indoor bike ride and the 3 slow but steady miles on the Riverwalk (part of the inter coastal). Now a short rest and let the rest of the day unfold.

Tramps

great pics! that's a fox? looks coyote like to me.

Oops, senior moment. Fixed.

We get the occasional fox, too.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

Tramps - beautiful pics - that's when the snow looks its best.

No run for me today, just swimming, 36 times across the pool (900 yards).

A friend sent me a picture with the caption, "I don't mind going to work, but that 8-hour wait until I can go home is just bull$hit!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

mrrun

a picture is worth one thousand words - henry's in long sleeves - i wore short sleeves

no foxes or coyotes here

Dave59

I took the weekend off. I am the opposite of a weekend warrior I guess.

Today was 4 miles.

Forecast in Tallahassee on Sunday morning is 50° and partly cloudy,

Just a quick flyby until I have more time.

Video of the river crossing at Saturday's Clam Beach Run.  I'm 5'8" and when I came through, the water was about mid waist.  It was fast, COLD, and deep!

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

several locals were at the race (including scary clown dude, but not dressed as a clown this time) and when I saw how deep that water was - - -well, I think I'm glad I passed on the race this year. Yikes!

Tammy

catwhoorg

Labrat

Usual 6 in lovely sun on this crisp, but not cold lunchtime

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I took the weekend off. I am the opposite of a weekend warrior I guess

Me too as I don't like running-for-the-sake of running

that much without some place to go but, after seeing

the 101 miles on jay’s list, I could hardly wait to get back

in the swing of things and onto tomorrow’s list but,

unfortunately, only had time for a half-mile circuit

of a nearby park so as not to be late for a nearby

free heart check-up.  Maybe this afternoon.

Leslie - with that waist deep stream crossing,

looks like a nice run for summertime.

However, I’d do anything that has something
                            a little extra in it anytime too, especially
                            any excuse to run on a beach.
                            However, hope that’s the finish line
                            right after the creek crossing
                            and that there was a warm
                            fire for getting warm.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

C-R

Nice recap Jay and those clear starlit skies are awesome.

Nice pictures Tramps and marj

Little 3.1 mi for me at lunch today. Slow and steady.

I'm still on the hunt for my tights but the sweat pants worked well enough. I will take Mike's advice with the shorts over the pants next time. Trouble is that I have the course to myself most of the time so it will be a challenge to make a real impression except when the course is close to a main road.

I'm inspired by Holly's efforts and will hit the pool for some laps tonight. That's my double.

Monsters being fed and retirement Jlynne. Interesting combination.

Nice creek crossing. Loved the people holding their shoes out of the water.

This is how I'm feeling about my running lately.Sweats and all.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

One of 3 red squirrels running around.  This one looks to be airborne!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."