Masters Running

Tuesday April 20 Runs and Flights (Read 639 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning

No run for me today...packing up to head home instead.

It's been an AMAZING weekend.  I've just had THE BEST time with some incredible RA people!  And there was a little race, too......

But all good things must come to an end, and it will be nice to see my family tonight

Thanks so much for all your support - it was wonderful to know we had all of you here tracking us - warmed my heart no end...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

BostonRnr

Have a great trip, Holly! It was great to meet you and run with you.

Susan

Marathon Maniac #957

oops... I guess if I want to post as evanflein I'd better log Holly out first... 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

There, that's better...

It has been a wonderful weekend! And a long one for me, too. Today I get to wander around the North End with Byll and his DW, then head to the airport for my 6:15 pm flight to home. I won't get home until 7 a.m. Wednesday, and I'm supposed to be at work later, too. Phooey.

I'm not running, but will get in lots of walking around today. That sounds just about right.

Lou put this up on the Monday thread:

http://picasaweb.google.com/WillRunForBeer/RobinSParty#

Looks like a nice time was had by all. (Understatement: what I should say is that everyone in the photos looks fantastic).

Don't forget: it's national "show the lima bean some respect" day. or something like that.

'nother three miles this morning, going easy on the hammy.

Walt.

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Safe travels, Holly and Erika.

It was great seeing you all this weekend.  Sorry I didn't see you in the runners' village, but I got in line for the porto-potty at 8:30, and didn't get out of it until 9:15!

Anyways, it was an awesome weekend and an incredibly perfect day for running.  Of course, I forgot to stop my watch at the end, so I wasn't sure of my exact time until just now.  My unoffficial timex results said I completed the last 1.2 miles in 34 minutes.

Quick facts - 1:42:40 half, 3:25:31 full.  As close to an even split as possible, and exceeded my optimum goal by 5 minutes!  Nice!

Okay, back to reality.  Just a lifting session and stepper this morning.  My legs seemed a little tired.  I'll spin tomorrow. 

It was great seeing all the RA folks -- I'm afraid to start naming because I know I'll leave someone out.'

In case you didn't see at the end of yesterday's thread, here are the pictures from Robin's party.  I'll also post the pictures from the race when we get back home and have a decent internet connection.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

dg.

Lou thanks so much for the link.   I just finished scrolling through, what a treat!!   Everybody  looks great.  Almost just like being there.  Smile    .... speedy healing to you!

'morning Holly, HollyErika,  (say hi to byll & deb)  PBJ, Susan...    you sound pretty perky this morning.   Joe you couldn't give yourself a little break?       thanks for keeping us on the edge(s?) of our seats yesterday.   and congratulations again!!!

morning to you too Walt.   missed it... hammie issues?

Enke... sorry I'm late.  I'll be right there.

Henrun thanks. 

I look my best blurry!

It was great seeing all the RA folks -- I'm afraid to start naming because I know I'll leave someone out.'

In case you didn't see at the end of yesterday's thread, here are the pictures from Robin's party.  I'll also post the pictures from the race when we get back home and have a decent internet connection.

What a great looking group!  Is there any way to "tag" the photos like on facebook so we know who you all are? 

It was so much fun tracking you all! I love the internet!  I am completely inspired.  I'm pretty sure you all won't be in Pittsburgh in 2 weeks at our marathon but let me know if you come to town.  I would love to go for a run with you!

Kristen

What a great looking group!  Is there any way to "tag" the photos like on facebook so we know who you all are? 

Oops, after all that work tagging people, I forgot to let everyone see them.

I fixed it and you should be able to see the tags.  I generally used peoples IRL names, unless I wasn't sure of their last name.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Good morning everyone, and a big congratulations to all of our Boston runners. You did us proud!! I just looked at Lou's pictures - some purdy wimmin' in that group (and the men weren't bad looking either). They say a picture is worth a thousand words - looks like y'all had a great time last weekend.

You may have done all the hard work running, but boy howdy, it was a pretty strenuous day yesterday for all of us virtual people! My hand is still sore from clicking the "refresh" button every 10 minutes all day long.   And nice job to Deb for fixing us the great breakfast. Can't wait to read everyone's RR.

6 miles for me this morning, 9:21 pace in IRC. 40°, partly sunny and no wind. Then 5 minutes of jumping rope, stability ball and medicine ball stuff and leg work.

Holly, Erika and anyone else traveling today - hope everything is on time and you arrive at your destinations safely. Thanks for letting us be part of your adventure yesterday!

MTA:  Aww, Lou. I feel so bad you didn't get to run yesterday. Didn't know you were reinjured. What a graceful gesture to play host for the weekend. You'll get 'em next year!

Slo

Fantastic pictures........Thanks for link!

What a great time and awesome experience everyone must have had.

Out for 7.5 miles.....2 short tempo's followed by some hill repeats. A very good training day!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Another Boston Marathon for the books!   So sorry you didn't get to run Lou - but you took some fantastic pictures.   Robin had quite a housefull of healthy looking people! 

I noticed last week that my alarm clock wasn't going off, but I was awake beforehand, so it wasn't an issue.   So, last night I checked it over and it was set for 4:50 a.m. and the radio was turned up appropriately.     This morning I woke up at 5:20 a.m. - what the heck!?    After further investigation, I finally realized that the actual time was set for p.m. rather than a.m. - Duh!     No run to report after getting up that late - so I'll post a weekly puppy photo instead:

Save travels today and tomorrow to all our Boston Traveler's!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Mariposai

Lou, thanks for the pictures. What a fun party that must have been.

Mary, cute doggies.

Safe travel to the Bostonians!!

One hour of Pilates for me. Instead of doing the session inside I decided to take my laptop in the yard and do it outside. The cool fresh air was heavenly and the blooming crab apple trees in my yard served me as the perfect frame for total relaxation. Off to work now and then to DS's soccer game tonight. This is Senior game night, meaning that the Senior players and their parents are recognized, so it is a special night for the player and the parents.

I can't wait to read the RRs.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

A likely excuse, Mary...

After swimming 1200y for a new "PR" in the pool yesterday morning, I biked 21 miles in the P.M. Then this morning I completed my tri-sport workouts with a great 4.6-mile run on an improvised route around town on another sunny IRC day. And my DW and I might get out for an easy bike ride this afternoon when our other chores are completed.

Good running to everyone, good traveling to our Beantown competitors, and I'm going to take a look at Lou's photos as soon as I post this.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"