Masters Running

Successful Saturday (4/5/14) (Read 41 times)

Mariposai

No running to report here, but I am enjoying a relaxing morning on my deck. My plan is to work in the garden for a few hours then go out for a run.

Go go racers go!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

...mornin' mari/////////........enjoy

==========

....30mprnb

deo

..................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Henrun

No running to report either. Went for a long walk on the trails of the Arboretum (Marj jogged a bit). With our late spring very few signs of greenery or budding. But many walkers, runners and cyclists out.

coastwalker

Mornin' Mariposai, TomW, and Henrun, and everyone else.

Nice way to start the day, Mariposai. Have fun in the garden!

Nice 30mprnb deo TW.

I'm glad you got to celebrate the day with the throngs, Henry & Marj. Those green things in the ground will start showing up sometime soon...

It was cool and damp from overnight rains and morning mist, so we held our racewalking training session indoors again this morning. I got in 5 miles before everyone arrived, then had most folks do mile repeats while I worked with a couple of newbies, and we finished up with a group critique of each person who was there. It was a good session. I stopped at Trader Joe's on the way home, and am looking forward to some yard cleanup this afternoon, now that our snow is finally gone.

Thanks for the Destin tips. We've rented a house there for about a week. I've looked at a lot of restaurants online (TripAdvisor), and most of the seafood places seem to have mostly fried food (which, if it is batter-fried, we can't eat) or are rather expensive. So it looks we'll be eating in a lot, which is fine by me,since the place has a grill.

Have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

wildchild

Carolyn

Mari, enjoy the relaxing morning on the deck, and the gardening and running!  Here's a view from my deck this morning.  The snow is slowly sliding off the roof - I like the angles on the icicles!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

dg.

No run for me either.    but I took a shower!  : ).  

Carolyn that's so cool!      (heh.  cool. )

Jay have a great trip!  

tw, I give up.   what's deo?      nice job prnb....

I think it would be wonderful if we had some kind of document.... updated on an ongoing bases.  listing trips & races (well, that we have!) and family issues and etc. etc. etc.  .....   would really be useful for both those of us who don't quite keep up... or those of us who can't remember stuff.    
              Or both. 
              am kidding, but not.    

Nancy, have fun.   Henry that sounds wonderful.

We have blue skies today, makes me happy.  

hugs for Holly's foot & Denise's sinuses....

........Greetings BubbleWrap dg//.................deo= DeepEndOnly

I figured

it was actually simpler

than saying

''didn't touch bottom''>>>>>>>who KNOWS where that would have gone??

how you feeling??

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

dg.

you made me laugh.  

thanks for asking.   I'm ok...although it's frustrating.    right when I could finally do more, I can't do much at all, but am looking for all the silver linings.  and there are plenty of them.

when I get really bored I pop my bubble wrap....

how are you?

King of PhotoShop

In Latin it's the dative or ablative singular for Deus. (Genitive would be "dei" as in agnus dei, or lamb of God, and accusative is deum; man, the stuff I remember from Latin I.)  TW is god to me.

15K today at White Rock Lake and 2nd AG again to my nemesis who beat me last week in the 10K.  I ran 1:22:53, or somewhere in the 8:50's, with the goal of being sub-9's so that part of it was okay. What was not okay was dying in the final mile with a mild calf strain and nursing it in.  A friend suggested this is probably electrolytes and that is probably right. I'll see tomorrow at the lake in an easy jog.

Headed into Dallas tonight for dinner and some art shows.

Aamos, the Sox and the Rangers did not distinguish themselves last night. We were far worse though.  Spareribs

dg.

in excelsis Deo...

hope it's just electrolytes.   Nice half Ribs.

Whew! Glad this week is over. Between two "part-time" jobs and working the polls last Tuesday, I had 49 hours this past week. What is this retirement phase of life you all keep talking about?  Hate to complain when I read about Mike's job and his long commute, but I'm waaayyyy older than him and I get tired easier   Sorry Mike, I know between winter and your job, life hasn't been great for you the last few months. I hope things ease up soon.

Hey Deb - sorry you're still surrounded by bubble wrap. Heal quickly.

Holly is going to Mexico? Did we know about this???

Awesome picture Carolyn! That must be one huge chunk of snow to be hanging so far off of the roof without the weight of it pulling it completely off. But you can keep that snow - ours is almost FINALLY gone.

Worked at the Y until noon, then changed and ran around the neighborhood for 4 miles followed up with 30 minutes of abs and core work. It's really nice (nice being a relative term, 43° with sun and no wind) so DH is hauling out the grill to do a couple of small tenderloins and some asparagus. Then watching a little NCAA final four action. If you're at all interested and are cheering for no team in particular, I can make a suggestion   On Wisconsin!!

Good luck weekend racers!

King of PhotoShop

With a 1:22 I sure wish it was a half, but thanks dg.  Spareribs

NHLA

14 miles 2 hrs 37 min  Art Lobe Trail.  Don't look down!  Parts of this trail are scary.

Way to go Ribs.

dg.

With a 1:22 I sure wish it was a half, but thanks dg.  Spareribs

oops!     early (oh.  it's not early, is it... ) senility setting in......
                              but see how much I believe in you!      with ultras & all.....   ; )

still worth a big wtg!

Hi Jeanne!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

still treating the hammy strain with benign neglect, so no runs this week.  tomorrow, I'll start working on stretching and seeing if it still hurts.  Not sure about a run, though.

Mostly stopped in to make AAmos jealous, since she did it to me during spring training.  DW's cousin and wife are coming to visit tomorrow and are forcing us to go to the Sox game.  14 rows behind home plate.  We will suffer through, even if they make us go out to dinner after, too.

Ribs--just add a little extra salt to the margarita glass and you'll be all set.

Carolyn--neat snow.  glad it's a long ways away from here.  Daughter of one of DW's friends works as an intern for the Syracuse Chiefs AAA baseball team--they got snowed out today.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.