Masters Running

4/1/19 no foolin' (Read 44 times)

SteveP

Thank you for the re-cap Joe618. He gets 12 miles in and shows off his March madness of 208 miles.

Coastwalker beats the rain for 5.5 race walking miles before heading home.

Jlynne went out for just under 3.

MikeE is getting ID before he register his 8 miles.

Henrun has a cousin in law three on the hills of Newton.

The rain has Tramps stumped as to his next workout.

Rochrunner has ten on the trainer.

Tetsujin209 has 10 in the cycle with a 1 mile bonus run.

Evanflein expresses a beef. She put 9 miles in the books Saturday and 5.3 Sunday.

RunnerKSA goes to church after rescuing her car. Hotel parking fees are hard to wrap my head around. she has 5.5 miles on the mill.

Anzlo!!! Good to see ya. Happy to see your 5 miles.

TwoCat has a nice five after cat napping at ballet. I enjoy watching nearly any dancers. I'd snooze in dim light and a long story.

Pfriese takes home some hardware after his 1/2!!

Dnaff has a 5K that's good Naff for us.

Bioguy has 5 easy miles and shows that class isn't limited to the school rooms.

Falconfixer has 61/4 chilly - windy miles.

HollyS makes wave for 1250 yards.

AnneB has 5.3 and a nice 152 for March.

Surly Bill has 12.6 slow miles. His slow would make me happy.

Fatozzig has 30 minutes of walking and bridge work.

Wildchild is feeling prime as she logs 20.9 for the day and 173 for the month.

Mariposai tags along with a mountain goat.

Quickadder sneaks in with 14.3.

I was pressed for time and hopped on the treadmill for a few. I was darn few. It slowed to a crawl just before 2 miles. The dang thing is just over two years old and I'm ready to retire it.

SteveP

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Greetings all. Off to the wilds of NC for the next 12 days. Off applied figuratively, as we’re sitting on the plane waiting for some software somewhere to give the pilot clearance to take off. 

No running still, but 5+ Maggie miles hiking in the woods. Actually brought running gear with me—we’ll see how that works out.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thanks once again, Steve. Sorry about the possible pending TM retirement after only 2 years.

Have a good trip, Stumpy, if you get off the ground.

Good church visits yesterday, KSA and Bioguy.

Welcome back, Anzlo, and Quickadder too.

Congrats on the halves, Joe and Pfriese.

Some of the women at the relatives house in NJ remarked about how it was the men doing all the cooking for 12 people (BIL was grilling steak and chicken, a nephew made smashed potatoes and a salad, and I was on roasted veggies). I didn't know it was a big deal. Our niece had a small/medium part in a HS production of The Wedding Singer that evening, that was a lot of fun. She loves to sing, dance, and act, and she's pretty good, especially with singing. We left for home after a late breakfast yesterday, and had rain for the entire 5+ hour drive. Ugh.

Today, for the 3rd day in a row, I debated sleeping in or going for a workout. Today, finally, sleeping in won. So I'm starting the month with a goose egg, and will start to try to ketchup tomorrow.

Have a greta Monday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Thanks, Steve and good morning y'all.   Treadmills can be a real crapshoot.  Fingers crossed- I have been really lucky with mine and spent a lot to try to make that happen.  It's been 5 years now....

Stumpy- I know all about your travel delay today.  There was a system-wide outage that affected most of the major airlines today.  It has created a mess.  It's fixed now (according to Southwest), but everything is snarled up.  Hope you took off!

3.2 tired treadmill miles.  Hope to get outside for a few after work when it warms up.  It was 30 degrees outside and I'm just not interested in that right now....

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

Joe--200 miles was always an indicator that things were clicking well. Congrats.

Anzlo--welcome back. Hope your progress continues.

I usually read through the whole daily thread, but then this (+1):

I really appreciate those who do the recaps.  I'll read through them and, sometimes, come across something and think, "How did I miss that?" and go back and read the original post.

I love the fact that Mari's posts force me to google stuff..."dry steaks"...and yesterday "silviculturist," a term with which I was unfamiliar.

Stumpy--remember back when flying was kinda fun? Wow, that was a long, long time ago.

April? You know what that means....hockey playoffs! 

Sorry about the Sabres and the Wild this year but the Preds are easily in, the Bruins are looking solid, and the Caps are playing pretty well (any other teams with fans on this forum?) Nice to see some Canadian teams doing so well this year in the West. I suppose the real question is, "Can anyone stop the Lightning juggernaut?" Helluva year for them but the playoffs are a different beast.

Speaking of beasts, here's a stat I saw that only hockey geeks can love. Ovechkin picked up his 50th goal of the season this weekend.  "With nine seasons of 50 or more goals, Mike Bossy and Wayne Gretzky are the only players with more than Ovechkin's eight seasons with 50. Bossy accounted for 9 of 68 such seasons in the league during his career (13.2%), Gretzky 9 of 131 (6.9%) and Ovechkin 8 of 21 (38.1%)."  Talk about playing in different eras! (I also suspect Ovi's 49-goal season last year will haunt him a bit someday...but there was that Cup.)

Out for a surprisingly chilly 4-miler this sunny morning.

Have a good week.

Be safe. Be kind.

anneb

Morning all! Sorry about the treadmill Steve- 2 years young seems like a short life.

Catching up on email/headlines I’m seeing nearly 500 flights delayed for southwest but only dozens for the other carriers? That doesn’t sound quite right.

3.7 still-cold miles around the neighborhood. 27 with a little wind, but I could see light for the last part so that’s promising! I’ve heard that our temps are supposed to warm up through the week, fingers crossed. Happy Monday!

I’ve also had good luck with what I’d consider a pretty mid-line treadmill. It’s over 6 years, and has about 3500 miles on it (mostly winter/spring use). I do have a gym membership now but it’s not pricey and somewhat paid for by the H’s wellness program (anytime fitness near us). So I’d say the $1700 for the treadmill was a good purchase.

Anne

Good morning folks. Thanks for the recap Steve, and sorry about the unexpected demise of your treadmill. Can you fix it? You're a handy guy!

Safe travels Kevin. Yeah, flying. Not so much fun any more.

Hope you enjoyed the extra shuteye Jay. It sounds like you had a busy weekend.

You're lucky you've got a treadmill to run on KSA. That's a great option, and probably a great time saver when you travel as much as you do.

Sorry Tramps. I don't follow hockey much. Yesterday, DH had the remote going back and forth between golf and the NCAA tournaments. That was about all I could handle!

Same temps here anneb. 28° and not much wind. The good news is it's getting light earlier and earlier. 5.54 miles this morning, pace not much better but less walking breaks. I feel like I'm making a little progress.

Off to be Wilma Wonka for a few weeks until Easter. Jelly beans anyone?   I see Dunkin Donuts - or do they just call themselves Dunkin now - has come out with a "Peeps" flavored coffee. Think I'll be passing on that...

Marathon Maniac #957

Morning all! Sorry about the treadmill Steve- 2 years young seems like a short life.

+1  My first TM was a low-end Nordic Trac that I think we paid $700-800 for, about 15-16 years ago.  Other than the need to lubricate the belt once in a long while, it did fine for 13-14 years, and I sold it on Craigslist for $150 a couple of years ago when my dad gave me the TM that had been collecting dust in his basement for years.  It is a very nice TM, though - I think he paid $3000-4000 for when he bought it.  It actually does way more than I use it for, but I have never taken the time to learn how to do more than "Classic" on it.

24 degrees here this morning, but this may be the last of it - the 10 day forecast has us with highs in the 60's beginning Wednesday.  About darn time....

4 miles for me on the TM this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Joe618

Mornin' all!   Nice recap, Steve.   Any chance Avenger Doggie can help fix the TM?? 

Enjoy North Carolina, Stumpy!!   Hike well!

Good job getting out this morning, AnneB and jLynne!    Way too cold here for April but, hey, that's what it is.   Holly and Karen rocking the 'mill.  It's all good. 

Jay, I was with you this morning...just couldn't answer the bell and took the goose egg for Monday.   With you, I'll ketchup later.   Maybe with some mustard.   On some aged beef.....

Ovechkin is amazing. 

Back at it on a Monday...enjoy it all!

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Henrun

Cool but sunny here. Walked 2.5 miles to see the launching of motorized scooters in our town. Lots of media to cover it. They were available to try out but, with my marginal balance issues, I was glad to spectate only. There was one injury.

Tramps- looks like the Lightening and the Capitals for the cup.

Anzlo

Steve - Thanks for the great recap!

Joe - Nice 200 month and good previous months in prep for Boston, grats!  Nice HM with great closing miles.

Pfriese - Downhill HM with wind at your back, 3rd AG, doesn't get much better, grats!

Cross day with 30 minutes light strength training followed by 3 miles walking for me. Excited for another short run/walk day tomorrow, something I never thought I would have said 2 years ago. So for personal accountability and motivation I am posting my current workout week with a little hope added.

Day One - 4-6 miles run/walk (future run)

Day Two - 30 minutes strength and 3 mile walk

Day Three - 4-6 miles run/walk (future run)

Day Four - 30 minutes strength and 3 mile walk

Day Five - 4-6 miles run/walk (future 8 easy run or 8-10 run/walk)

Day Six - 30 minutes strength and 3 mile walk

Day Seven - Rest or 3 mile walk (future another 4-6 run/walk day)

Goal 10K late August, all run if at all possible, an event I have participated in every year since its start, usually HM however (where I hold my PR),  maybe next year again.

Have a greta day folks Smile

65+ Bests: 5K-26:11, 10K-TBD, HM-TBD

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

the men doing all the cooking for 12 people (BIL was grilling steak and chicken, a nephew made smashed potatoes and a salad, and I was on roasted veggies).

April Fool's

(actually, not that I would know anyone like it,

but probably still kind of sounds like it

to some people of the older generation.

I love the fact that Mari's posts force me to google stuff... . . .  yesterday "silviculturist," a term with which I was unfamiliar.

Sorry, April Fool's.

He's actually a forester.

There's no mining over there, gold, silver or anything else.

Three miles.

In college days, so we could ski race off balance on one leg without flying out of the course, we'd strengthen our legs by doing daily hopping on one leg and then the other to the top of the twelve story dorm.  Didn't think I could do it anymore but, voila!, this morning's three miler around the Hillside Park trails included doing half of the 707 stairs left legged and the other half right legged. Whew,

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Steve: youtube is your friend. I'm sure you can find out what's wrong with your treadmill online, and then a youtube video of how to fix it.  I bet the speed sensor worked away from the flywheel and isn't getting good readings, or maybe it's something as simple as the drive belt getting loose. Either can be fixed with a phillips or a crescent wrench.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Thanks for the recap, Steve ~~

. . . this morning's three miler around the Hillside Park trails included doing half of the 707 stairs left legged and the other half right legged. Whew,

Suffice to say, Tet will never be one of those "seasoned" folks who falls and can't get themselves back up.

I slept GREAT last night!  . . . . since sometime between 12:30 and 1:00 Goofy, Wilson, and Chico decided they needed to go outside for a few . . . which turned into a few hours since I didn't wake back up until 4:00.  To say the Chicanator was a bit distressed is an understatement.  At least the other two are smart enough to hang out in the garage until someone rescues them. 

An hour of core/ST/PT.  Now it's off to the races.  Enjoy ~~

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Notne

Decided to not let my left knee have the last "laugh" on April Fool's, so I didn't run today.

I didn't know whether I would have the strength to not run - so proud of myself (even though it's kind of a no-brainer - injured, stay home, duh!)!