Masters Running

Good Morning from the West Coast - Fat Tuesday 3/4 (Read 39 times)

Rise and shine, little 'uns!  It's time to greet the new day with a smile.   And if it frowns on you, just slam the door in its face, count to 10, and try again.

Off for 7 miles with fartleks this predawn morning.  Hoping to be done before the rain starts up again.  You'll have to wait for Jay for the incredible daily recap.

Catcha later ~

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dave59

I'm having another one of those stupid days where I feel depressed for absolutely no reason.  So I don't feel like doing much of anything. I went out for a run, but stopped at 1.28 miles.  Just not in the mood.  i should be back to normal by tomorrow or the next day.

10° and another 2-3 inches of snow falling.  So I'll get a small workout with the snow shovel once the snow finishes falling.

Hang in there, Dave.  I'm sure the difficult weather so much of you are experiencing isn't helping things at all.

I'm back and *sigh* at work.  Nobody called and told me I didn't need to come in, so . . .

7 miles with 8 fartleks thrown in.  I did good until Mile 6 almost on the dot when my legs completely tanked.  The last fartlek I cut short at 30 secs instead of the 1 min I was doing.

Now I need to scarf some breakfast.  I'm starving.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

Good Morning!

today is a break inbetween low pressure systems dumping lots of rain. so I better seize the day!  Leaving work a bit early and David and I will run 45 minutes. His coach gave him a workout schedule to do on his own this week and that's today's task. Next week he starts official track season.

Tammy

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Good morning Leslie, Dave and all that follow.  Another day here just like yesterday.  Hate to say it but, 75 degrees, partly cloudy, and a light breeze.  We did have about a dozen rain drops about noon or maybe that was condensation from the a/c unit. Its hard to tell.

8.5 miles at a comfortable pace before daybreak.  Now its time to head off to bed.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

King of PhotoShop

Dave, now and then I have a run like that. One mile or so and I just can't get into it.  Back and good as new the next day.  Good for you for not fighting it.

4.4 on the dirt today.  Getting a massage this afternoon.  Spareribs

I'm having another one of those stupid days where I feel depressed for absolutely no reason. .

Methinks Leslie is spot on. This rotten winter weather has made me crabby/sad on many occasions. I started taking extra vitamin D a couple of weeks ago. Haven't noticed any improvements yet but some of the people I work out with swear it helps. Having Annabelle so far away probably isn't helping either. Hang in there Dave.

It was -14 yesterday morning but at least the sun was out. Today it was 12° but we got another 3 inches of snow last night. I'm trying a new "happy" attitude. I love running on treadmills   4 miles this morning followed with 30 minutes of weights and core.

Did someone say massage? Enjoy Ribs!

Have a nice run with David, Tammy.

I found out yesterday that I took second place in that mini-triathlon Sunday. Apparently it was age grouped. Got a nice medal for my effort. I'm going to go out for dinner with DH tonight to celebrate. And it's Fat Tuesday. I think there may be a glass of wine and some chocolate cake in my future....

Mike E

MM #5615

Congratulations, Jlynne!

Marathon Maniac #957

Dave - I know what you mean - seems like I have had days like that lately as well.  I think Leslie is correct, though - warm winds and the green greens and explosion of the colors of spring will liven us up.

Jlynne - nicely done!

Single digits again this morning, but at least the sun is bright outside my office window.

4.2 miles for me on the TM this morning.  Some heel pain but it seems to be improving.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave, you probably just need a good old dose of spring!

I was awake at 5:30, got up to run, but a few steps and my knee was hurting.  Turned around and decided to walk the dog instead.  As I was doing so, tried running again and no pain whatsoever.  Weird gimpy knee...

I will try again tonight.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

wildchild

Carolyn

Dave, sending hugs.  Not sure if you're a hugger, but handshakes just don't seem like enough!    And  hugs to anyone else who wants or needs them!

Jeanne, congrats!  I think that's cool to do a tri by time and not distance.  Never heard of that before.

I took advantage of a warm day before the next snowstorm comes in to do the 20 mile run I missed last weekend. (Well, I didn't miss it, I bailed on it...  because of that uphill both ways in the snow thing.   And actually, it WAS uphill both ways in the snow.)  Anyway, warm enough for shorts and tee shirt down at lower elevations, and snow free!  Still felt hard, but  what a nice day to be out.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

It was -14 yesterday morning but at least the sun was out. Today it was 12° but we got another 3 inches of snow last night. I'm trying a new "happy" attitude. I love running on treadmills   4 miles this morning followed with 30 minutes of weights and core.

I found out yesterday that I took second place in that mini-triathlon Sunday. Apparently it was age grouped. Got a nice medal for my effort. I'm going to go out for dinner with DH tonight to celebrate. And it's Fat Tuesday. I think there may be a glass of wine and some chocolate cake in my future....

I think you ALMOST managed to say that with a straight face   Congratulations on the Tri AG.  Very nice fro your first.

Had to pick up a co-worker at the airport last night, so the late night, early start took care of any interest in getting on the TM at the hotel.  Early to bed tonight and we'll see what shot I have in the morning.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I did an interval workout on the treadmill...it did not go well.  I completed it...but I had to put the incline down to 0...I slowed it down a few times...and I held on to the bar a lot.  Oh well...some days we got it...some days we don't...but we keep plugging away...

Okay--that's it.  See ya!

Oh, hey Dave--here's a little saying my dad used to tell me when I was feeling down...

"As I was feeling sad and lonely, a voice came to me from out of the blue, saying, 'Cheer up, things could be worse.'  So, I cheered up, and sure enough, things got worse."

Okay...that should do it.

Mariposai

Jlynne, you tri girl! You so rock!!!!

Enkie, did you go out running again tonight? I hope your knee feels better soon.

Holly, glad to see you were able to run a few miles today.

Fattozig, thanks for starting the daily for us. Did you managed to run before the rain came down?

Rassmussenmp, it is so good to see you posting from the other side of the world.

Dave, hang in there. Spring will be here soon.

Another busy day with work travel for me today, which seems it will be the pattern for my daily life until May. Thank goodness I really, really enjoy the work I do, so I actually am looking forward to the many projects I have going.

My downhill skiing extravaganza left me with no energy to do any serious running yesterday and today. I did run 8 zombies miles after work today. I got caught once , but evaded 6 zombies attach.

I hope tomorrow is another story. I plan to be up and out by 5:30 for a longish run before I have to go to work.

I think Mike described my last long run I had on Friday. It was one of those mind over matter thing. With a few smile miles in between.

Oh well...some days we got it...some days we don't...but we keep plugging away...

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

Hope tomorrow's a better day for you Dave.

congrats on your surprise tri AG win jlynne!

nice 20 Carolyn!

if I ever need some consoling words, I know the person to turn to. MikeE always knows just what to say . .

enjoyable 4.3 miles with my son. some asphalt, some trails. and when we got to the trail part, he commented how nice it was. so quiet, you could smell the greenery and the creek was flowing so you had the sound of rushing water also. I think he'll become a trail runner yet!

Tammy