Masters Running

Wednesday, 9.7.16 (Read 34 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

We finished up our whilrwind tour yesterday morning on Long Island (NY) with a meeting with a friend (age 78) who has us as the executors of his will, and who wanted to go over the details, and take us around his home to point out what is valuable and what is not. While we're honored that he trusts us enough to ensure that his directives are followed, it is not a job we look forward to doing, and we hope we won't have to do it for many years to come.

We got home by about 5:15 yesterday after a thankfully uneventful drive. I don't know how we got so lucky to have hit very little traffic on our travels over the Labor Day weekend, but we are grateful that we only got snagged once. The cat was thrilled that her slaves had returned, and didn't let us out of her sight for the rest of the evening. She also told us a few things, presumably about our dereliction of duty over the long weekend. We did our best to make amends.

I slept in this morning because A) I was worn out, and B) it was mild, muggy, and misty out and I wouldn't have enjoyed a workout anyway. I hope I can get back to my regular routine tomorrow morning.

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Good morning Jay and all to follow. It sounds like you had a great weekend, and smart idea to sleep in - which for you was probably like, 4:30ish?

If you haven't gone back to read yesterday's posts, take the time. The pictures of Carolyn's DD and DSIL are great! And there is definitely a resemblance between mother and daughter!

Hope you had fun at the concert Holly, and didn't get home too late.

It was raining here this morning, and a very muggy 69° so I went to the Y and ran 5.5 on the treadmill and did 30 minutes of weights and core stuff. GS#3 gets his permanent cast on today and I guess he wants a blue one.  My DIL was a little upset but I told her she has 3 boys. This is probably the first of many injuries yet to come!

I don't know if anyone watched PBS last night, but there was a great special on about the 9/11 plane crash at the Pentagon. From what I remember, what happened there wasn't in the news as much because of the tragedy in New York. I'm glad I watched it, and I was crying at the end when two people who were in the building and survived but had never met each other finally did. Very well done. It's hard to believe it's been 15 years since that horrible day...

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Jlynne i watched that episode. Hard to believe it's been 15 years already.

Much needed rest day today. Forget taper madness. Today i call it taper gladness.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

mrrun

Morning all!

Great pics of the wedding!

Ran just under 5 in mist

Saw the PBS special and opted not to watch it.  On some issues, I'm an ostrich and don't want to see/hear more!  The dig is over, so onto the next stage of washing and sorting - also lots of fun to really see what we dug up

Have wonderful activities everyone,

marj

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!  Mentoring day, so time is short for me.  My student has met her brother's roomie  (they are freshmen at college) and she is smitten.

Just 6 for me, not even a 10K.  It felt a little cooler, I was just running late.  DH had a PT apt so he was going in later.....and yet again, I stayed awake a bit last night.  Dang time zones!

DH was monitoring that show on PBS; he too had some of marj's feelings, but also couldn't bear to ignore it.

Glad you are home safe and sound, Jay.   Yes, hope Holly had fun last night.

Have fun; it's still summer!

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

DH was monitoring that show on PBS; he too had some of marj's feelings, but also couldn't bear to ignore it.

Yes, me too; it's almost an honored obligation like saluting the flag..
              It was informative and moving with lots of new information
              done so well I almost feel as if I know the featured survivors.

Glad they didn't let Ken Burns do it, though.
              However, I still can’t / won’t watch anything on TV showing
              the horrible/terrifying images from NYC but I devour
              everything on the radio about NYC and everything else.
              However, didn’t need to be reminded on the next program,
              about FBI-DC discounting the June field memo about suspicious
              take-off and flying only studying at flying schools omitting the landing part.
              RUNNING
              Too much catching up back here in reality-land
              for a morning running‘mute or even other mischief

but should be able to cycle the five miles back
              for the first time since late July.  yippee.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

..yep,

plenty of TV Shows on 9-11 tet//.........they were showing some Flight 93 Info I had never wanted to watch before

....Pickles and I

were scheduled to fly to Saint Croix on 9-12 but I couldn't get her to go

based

on our Hurricaine Irene Adventure,

it was probably a Smart Move

==========

40-min PoolRun

.............good running to ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Holly, it's good you got to golf with your dad.  wild, I like the  wedding pictures.

Nice long runs for Aamos and evan.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Ran 6 with my erstwhile training partner. She actually does not want to get back into distance racing. A few years ago she had cancer and has talked herself into thinking that if she trains her immune system will become impaired and the cancer will come back. There is no evidence that this happens. Her oncologist even told her that. But, once you scare yourself into something I guess it is tough to unscare yourself.  

Big few days ahead for me! Tomorrow is a 22 mile run first thing in the morning. Then Friday I give a keynote speech and right after that pick up our very own Mariposai who will spend some time in CT prior to the relay race. I also have the great honor of hosting hally for the night before we depart for the start as well.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

The cat was thrilled that her slaves had returned, and didn't let us out of her sight for the rest of the evening. She also told us a few things, presumably about our dereliction of duty over the long weekend. We did our best to make amends.

Max Kitty, btw, seems to be dong okay for now, and I am hoping the hypoallergenic food will fix the problem (although at roughly $50-60/month, it will be expensive).

Twocat - I could understand that thinking, though.

I had a great time at the concert (got to give a hand-slap to Gavin De-Graw!) but did get in pretty late, so I opted to sleep a few extra minutes this morning instead of working out.  Oh well.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Busy day at work today, and tomorrow will be even more. For a short week, this is a long tiring week!

30 minutes pool running at lunchtime today. Which is funny in a way because even after a good shower afterward, I smell chlorine on my hands all afternoon.... The bummer of today was, it was a beautiful day and would have been perfect for a run!

SteveP

Hopefully you cat forgives you soon, Jay.

There's a lot of memories and emotions regarding 9/11/2001.

I'm suffering from Twocat envy.

Here's to Erika tearing up the streets and trails soon.

We also have 5 days of work crammed into 4.

SteveP