Masters Running

Friday, November 20th runs 'n' such (Read 528 times)

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

No run for me today.  Fizzy lifting, steperfication and spinnerooni.

Time to get the November financial forecast done for work.  We call it the "fortnight", even though we issue it every week.  When I asked why it's called the fortnight, nobody has an answer.  So the weekly fortnight it is.

Off to Manchester, England tomorrow, and Manchester, CT on turkey day for the 4.76 mile run with a couple PBJsters.  We won't go fast, but we plan on having fun.  Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Slo

Hey PBJ

Good Morning all.

Got a good solid swim in this morning.......Shortly I'll be off to the Doc for X-Rays. I'm sure they'll show good results but I do believe I'm still weeks away from a retun to running.

I've been keeping up with everyones post....so much I'd like to say to so many of you....An excellent group of dedicated runners ! Keep it up !

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Sounds like an excellent way to kick off Turkey Day PBJ!     I'm guessing the Turkeynator will be there too?

Slo - good luck at the doctor today!!  

I didn't run this morning, but I did go to Tone Zone last night.   Let's see, we did squats, walking lunges, dead lifts, tricep dips, bicep curls, and lots of abs ..... just to mention SOME of what we did.

It is FRIDAY and NO bosses!!   I officially love deer hunting season!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Good morning good people.

Enjoy your trips to all things Manchester, PBJ. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

Slo! Great to hear from you. I've been wondering where you've been. The best of luck at the doc's today. I hope it's all good news.

Sounds like a workout last night, Mary. I'm feeling your "inclined lunges" for the second day now. Boy howdy, do my legs hurt! 6 miles at a 9:41 pace this morning in decent temps and overcast skies. 46° on November 20 is pretty darn good for this part of the world. Came home and jumped rope for 5 minutes to try to get the kinks out of my muscles.

I get to watch baby Will while the kids go meet with a banker about a home loan this morning. Good news on both counts: I get to hang out with Will, and they may be moving closer to home!

Good luck to all our racers this weekend!

Have a great day everyone.

MTA Big art show tomorrow. Got a car full of wine/martini/margarita glasses to sell. Wish me luck!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

JLynne, I totally forgot about those incline walking lunges!!   I might just have to dust off the ol' treadmill!    Have fun with the baby and a HUGE GOOD LUCK to you this weekend!!     I am having an open house the evening of December 2nd - you all are invited to come buy some bottles!!  Big grin

Give extra hugs to baby Will from his Auntie Mary.

~Mary

~unknown

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Wow, PBJ started us off!

Slo--... I got something for you:

http://pfitzinger.com/labreports/stressfracture.shtml

Hopeful...I hate deer hunting season because they close my running trails Mon-Fri... boo

Jlynn.. nice workout..and GL on the Art show!

2 mile walk with Tory and Sadie. Nice 48°. Leaves still falling.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Tramps

Great to have PBJ start us off and to see Slo checking in (hang in there!).

Mary—Tone Zone or Torture Zone?  That sounds tough!

Jeanne—Great that you get to spend time with Will; good luck at the art show!  BTW, do you have a web site for your glasses?  I remember seeing pictures but can’t recall if you just posted them or if you had an actual site.

Steve—blaze orange singlet, rifle on your back, tell ‘em your hunting.

EZPZ 3.5 @ 8:41

Be safe. Be kind.

dg.

late as usual!

PBJ so nice to have you start the day...

Slo, I've been wondering about you!!! but have been so behind myself I wasn't sure if you weren't around or if I just hadn't gotten there yet.   good luck today!   ((((( )))))

more a little later.

I'm so far behind keeping up with the daily, I am not going to be able to catch up.

This morning I ran a nice, somewhat chilly, recovery run.  Why does 47° feel colder sometimes more than others?

3.1 miles, 28:44, 9:09/mi, AHR 134 (68% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Mary—Tone Zone or Torture Zone?  That sounds tough!

Well, that reminds me .... my SIL had to make a mad dash for the bathroom last night.  Yep, she got sick and then came back for more.    So, torture zone might be more accurate.  Big grin

~Mary

~unknown

6.25 easy and/or GA miles this morning at 9:13 pace.  The last 4 miles were sub-9.  I call it "easy and/or GA" because some miles were easier, some a bit harder.  I kept trying to reel myself in, but didn't always succeed.  The average HR was in the easy range though.

Since I'm not really in a training mode right now, I figured it might be a good time to see if I could improve my technique a little.  At various times I've been trying to land more midsole by leaning very slightly forward.

Today I tried to get a bit more push off with the toes.  My AT knows I did something different.  I think I'll not do this again (or at least very carefully).

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #957

I get to watch baby Will while the kids go meet with a banker about a home loan this morning. Good news on both counts: I get to hang out with Will, and they may be moving closer to home!

Yay!  And good luck at the show!

Breger – yes, I agree that this is the season to try new things, but do them carefully. 

Mary – no bosses here today either!  They’re at a conference, so I’m hanging out in jeans and a sweatshirt with the radio cranked up.

No run for me this morning – x-training instead with more Exercise-on-Demand videos.  I did a 23-minute Jackie 1-on-1 Upper Body video that actually took me about 45 minutes because I kept having to stop the video to rest.    That Jackie was killing me.  I need to put that one on my regular list.    Then I did a 15 minute core workout, some bench step-ups and leg lifts with ankle weights.

Tomorrow I take my final exam in this tax class.  Whew!

Good luck to the weekend racers!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tomorrow I take my final exam in this tax class.  Whew!

Good luck Holly - you'll "ace" it!

Exercise on demand - do you get that with your regular cable?

Marathon Maniac #957

Jlynne - yes, it's free with my regular digital cable.  I think we have what's called "extended basic" with no pay-cable channels, and there are maybe 10-15 free On-Demand channels, as well as the kind you pay for.  It's really got a lot of great videos, from 10 minutes to 45-50 minutes, depending on what you want.  I've been trying to focus on more of the strength training stuff, rather than the cardio, but I may try some of the yoga ones, too.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Boy howdy . . .

Hmmm - Seems I've started a trendy . . . .  

JLynne - Have fun at your show.  May you sell all your glasses and make tons of dough!

Slo- Good luck with your dr appt today.

Erika - It's actually a shame that the "ladies of the day" like to hang out on our particular corner.  It's right in front of the public library, which is a beautiful building, and the Ingomar Club, which is a gorgeous historic building.  Luckily, with regard to the Ingomar, the ladies hang out by the side parking lot and not in the front.  It's raining today, though, so I'm betting they will be few and far between today.  I'm thinking they're more fair weather dates.

And speaking of rain - Whew!  What a storm that blew through here during the night!  The wind was really starting to pick up by the time we left from Bonkos (Bunko) last night, and about 4:30 this morning, it sounded like someone was standing outside our bedroom window with a hose going full blast on our window.  I was soooo happy today is a rest day.

It was a restless night, though.  One of my kitties, Goomba/Goofball got into a fight at some point yesterday and obviously wasn't feeling good.  Regardless of the fact that I left a note for The Hub to keep him inside, he cracked our slider when he got home (like we always do so the cats can come and go), and Goofball got outside (probably sprinted out 'cause The Hub had the music blaring when I got home last night and they hate that).  He was holed up somewhere and didn't come home 'til around 4:30.  I hate that!  Even though we leave our garage door cracked so they can come and go, and we have some beds arranged for them in the garage, I just can't sleep when they all haven't been accounted for before bedtime.  Anyway, he's off to the vet this afternoon for a check up and to get antibiotics as a preventative measure against an abscess.

Have a great weekend folks ~

MTA:  Good Luck Weekend Racers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance