Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & X-TRAINING GROUP w/e 0613/ (Read 629 times)

Point to Ponder: And whose cruel idea was it to put an "S" in the word "Lisp"?

Take care in all that heat, humidity, and smoke.

Dutchie -37.2 km (23.12 miles) running, 36 km biking, upper body - 1x, abs - 2x, boxing - 1x Great comeback week!

Shadowrunner -24.7 miles running, 48.9 miles biking, 1.25 hrs core, 730 push ups, 2 hrs free weights

jdmom3 -

Stumpy - 23.5 miles running + some inventive cross training

Erika - 52.2 miles running, 1.8 miles walking, lots of driving and soccer watching

Eliz - 6 miles running, lots of walking, schlepping, and paddling (um . . . kayaks)

pfriese - 48.2 miles running

fatozzig - 44.4 miles running, 30 min stationary biking, 1.30 hrs core/strength

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - Rest

Tues - 3 or 30; core/strength ---------------------------------- 30 min stationary bike; 1 hr core/strength

Wed - 10 miles w/hill sprints ---------------------------------- 8.5 very dead legged miles w/5 hill sprints and torturous climb up The Hill

Thurs 3 or 30; core strength ---------------------------------- 4.5 EZ miles with a 10:02 ap

Fri - Rest ----------------------------------------------------------- 45 min upper body/core

Sat - 20 trail miles ----------------------------------------------- 19.80 trail miles

Sun - 10 miles ---------------------------------------------------- 10 road miles

Totals:19.80 trail miles, 23 road miles, 30 min stationary biking, 1.75 hrs core/strength

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy new week all.

Mon:  yoga.  done.  gets harder when you miss a couple of weeks.

Tue:  5 miles.  5.04 at a decent pace.

Wed:  X-T.  25 minutes of elliptical, about 2.3 miles.

Thu:  5 miles.  rest with a sprained big toe

Fri:  rest  35 minutes elliptical, about 2.8 miles

Sat:  X-T.  1 hour pump class.

Sun:  10 miles.  8.6 in 1:30.  sore knee screwed me out of the last 1.4.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Dutchie42

Hi everyone, thanks Leslie   New week, let's make it a good one.

Mon: LB/UB endurance strenght training + abs

Did a LB and UB endurance strength training w/o incl. abs. Totally felt like I had no energy. It was one big struggle. Let's hope tomorrow is a better day.

Tue: 7K easy

This morning, my legs did not want to move. And to make it worse, both dogs were so disobedient, I had to wait often for them to come back out of the fields, which added about 10 minutes to my 7 kilometer run, arghhhhhh.
          It was nice out though, despite the overcast skies. 

Wed: 3K easy + 30 min LB + abs

Really tired and slept in. Biked to work. It was raining when I went home. At 25C, you might as well get wet. but had the same problem I had last Sunday like there wasn't enough oxygen in the air.

Thu: 8.8K easy

Biked to work (half day), I need an oxygen tank. Kept me from running when I got home at 1PM.

Fri: UB endurance strength training + abs + Hiit cardio

40 minutes of UB incl. abs. Nice.

Biked to work: what's going on with the air? Can't be my hay fever, can it?

Sat: 5.5K easy + 20min LB + 30min boxing + abs

Change in the weather: temperature dropped to 13C and a nice cool pretty strong wind. Running was easy this morning: 5.5 kilometers. Plenty of oxygen to go round  Spike was in running mode.  No time for LB and boxing today. I could say I'll do it later today, but I know I won't.

Sun: 14K long run

We have a serial rapist/attacker on the prowl. He's supposedly not in my area of town, but as they're hunting for him in the other neighbourhood, a smart one would move his hunting ground, wouldn't he. I'm guessing though, that Sunday 6 AM is too early for him. Besides, got a medium sized black dog with me as a deterrent. But to be on the safe side, I think I'll take my Kubotan out with me till they catch him. Darn, something extra to hold.

It was a really nice run. Lovely morning. I even got me a tan despite the early hour of my run Wink It was a bit tough at the beginning, but once I warmed up, it went smoothly. The usual breaks for Spooky, including 2xwater hole. Running with the kobutan means I have a really sweatty hand holding it and I'm not sure I could hold on to it when used in an attack. I have to figure out how to take it with me without having to hold it. I'm pleased that I managed the 14.75 kilometers without much trouble.

Total running mileage:27.25 kilometers

Total biking mileage: 39 kilometers

LB:1x

UB:2x

Abs:3x

Other cardio:0x

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Thanks Leslie.

M - AM: 10+ mile bike ride; PM:  free-weights 1.0 hr - mostly UB with some leg work.

T- AM: 15 mins core excercises: 150 push-ups [50,40,30,30], 3 sets of abds and pull-ups, mild stretching.

PM: 5.6 mile run @ 8 min pace.

W- AM: 15 mins core excercises: 150 push-ups [50,40,30,30], 3 sets of abds and pull-ups, mild stretching.  PM: 4.25 miles on dreadmill:  1 mile warm-up at 9 mile pace, followed by 3 miles @ 7:20-30 mile pace, cool-down 0.25 miles at 8:20 pace.  Followed by quick upper body weight ciruit [20 mins].

R- AM: 15 mins core excercises: 150 push-ups [50,40,30,30], 3 sets of abds and pull-ups, mild stretching.  PM:  40 mins free weight work-out fitness center this afternoon; 5.64 mile eash run @ 8 min mile after work. 

F- AM: 15 mins core excercises: 150 push-ups [50,40,30,30], 3 sets of abds and pull-ups, mild stretching. Followed by 10+ mile bike ride. 

Sa- 10.9 mile run, temps in the 80's humidity in the 90's. 

Su- 19.14 mile bike ride this AM.

26.4 running, 40.3 bike,  2hrs core excercises: 600 push-ups, 2hrs free weights.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Starting something a little new this week. Following the Crossfit Strength Bias template. Looking to get those last 10 lbs off. I'm down from 183lbs in December to 166lbs right now, shooting for 155.

Day

Workout  Actual
               Mon  Morning: Back squats 3x5, Bench press 3x5, 4.5 mile easy run
               Back squats: 140x5x3, bench 155x5x3 4.6 miles @ 8:53 pace
              Tues  

Morning: Deadlifts 3x3, 10 minute metcon

Evening: Track:  Pyramid (400, 600, 800, 600, 400)

Deadlifts: 190x3, 195x3, 200x3 10 minute metcon: chins, push-ups, crunches

Track workout

Wed  Morning: run 8 miles
               7.82 miles @ 8:32 pace
              Thursday  

Morning: Front squat 3x5, back squat 1x15-20, 10 minute metcon

evening: 5 mile tempo run

Front squat 95x5x3

Back squat 75x20x1

Metcon: 4 rounds of:

DB snatches 25x10

DB swings 25x10

burpees

1 min rest

Evening: 5 mile easy run at 8:54 pace

Friday  Morning: standing press: 3x5, pull-ups 30 reps, dips, 30 reps, easy 5 miles

Press 95x5x3 very weak

Pull-ups 30 reps over 7 sets

Weighted dips 25x8, 25x5, 25x4, BWx8

No run. Legs felt heavy and tired.

Saturday  10-12 miles

Sunday  6-8 easy

evanflein

Thanks, Leslie! And I've often wondered that about the word lisp... Totally unfair.

Nice to see Dutchie ramping up her running miles again! Smile

Time to take it a little easier this week. Sort of by default as I've got a lot going on and a garage sale to host this weekend.

Monday: Rest Day. All that driving and lack of sleep from the weekend caught up to me.

Tuesday: 6.3 miles run (8:19 avg pace) and .45 mile walk; felt good but kept effort easy

Wednesday: 7.3 hilly trail miles, about 8:30 avg pace, .35 mile walk to cool down

Thursday: 7.1 mile tempo run, 7:43 avg pace, .6 mile walk

Friday: 4 miles (31:55) elliptical, 12 minutes abs/core

Saturday: 8.3 miles, 8:06 avg pace but didn't feel that fast; .4 mile walk

Sunday: 11.1 miles run (8:03 avg pace) and .3 mile walked

Totals: 40.2 miles run, 2.2 miles walked, 4 miles elliptical and one session of abs/core work.

Monday - Phillies game with my brother and two best friends;  "Dollar Dog Night" and the 2 I ate were 2 too many; fun evening, even though the Phils lost  Sad

Tuesday - really tired (maybe my system is still fighting the Dollar Dogs?", walked 45 minutes

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Eliz - 2 hot dogs are about my limit for an entire year.  They always sound like a good idea until I actually eat one.

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

3.5 yesterday. Felt strong. Ran well. Then pushed it a little too hard on a training ride and reinjured the hamstring. Sitting on heating pad.

Ok are we summing up our previous week or posting our plans for the upcoming week?

Hi stumpy and Eliz.

Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

we start with our wish list for the week, and then the nice lady, Leslie, sums up what really happend.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

pfriese

Thanks Leslie.

M - 5 miles
                          T - 7.5 miles
                          W - 7.5 miles
                          Th - 7.5 miles
                          F - lawn mowing
                          Sa - 17 miles
                          Su - 6.1 miles

Paul