Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & X-TRAINING w/e 04/07 (Read 13 times)

First week of April....

Paul...Rawk that Ironman!!!

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Sun-8 trail

Mon-3

Tue-4

Wed-5

Thu-3.5

Fri-3.5

Sat-5

Total=32 miles

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Old , Ugly and slow

mon 5 trail

tue   weights - sl deadlifts

wed 4 trail

thur -0

fri - 4 trail

sat  4  trail  70 degrees

pr's 5k 20.08, 5 mile 31:20, 10k  41.19  all done in the 80's

2014goals   1300  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Thanks Gordon.

Mon: Easter Monday - a 35 minute plyo workout

Tue: Have the day off, cause I worked on Good Friday Smile Legs are sore. Especially my adductors. Did biceps&triceps (15 min each)

Wed: 15 min ab w/o + 45 min doggie walk

Thu: woke up with a sore throat and a cough that hurts my lungs.... Roll eyes Skipped my run. Maybe tomorrow?

Fri: still a sore throat and coughing is worse ... didn't sleep well. Coffee tastes awful this morning.

Sat:  I'm officially sick. Even shallow breathing hurts my lungs Angry not to mention coughing and sneezing. Plus I have a headache, earache and I want to sleep all the time. No fever though, yet. Bleh!

Sun:

Until the end of June, I won't have much time to run or workout in general. I'm doing two courses for school plus my job. It is a bit much and doesn't leave me much time for other things. I won't have much time for running / exercise. I'm aiming for at least 30 minutes of exercise a day which comes down to 4 - 4.5 kilometer runs, but I'm not sure that will happen. Sad, cause I was doing really well.

Dutchie
          I go running in the early morning, before my brain figures out what I'm up to.

Run the day, or the day runs you.

Actions determine state of mind - Aristotle

Dutchie, you've got to make time for you to get your workout done! You can cut back, but be sure to make time for YOU! This will actually make you more productive, so don't let it slide.

Not sure what I'll do this week. It's colder out this week, and we might get snow. *sigh* I'm so tired of winter!!

Monday: 1.6 mile walk at lunch, 4.1 mile run after work, .7 mile warm up and cool down walk before/after run.

Tuesday: 1.6 mile walk at lunch, 9.2 mile run after work, .4 mile c/d walk

Wednesday: 5.3 mile run on the TM .7 mile walk w/u and c/d

Thursday: 5.6 mile run after work, .4 mile walk c/d

Friday:  1.2 mile walk at lunch, but other wise a rest day

Saturday: 8.2 mile GA run on the TM, .7 mile walk w/u and c/d

Sunday: 11.1 mile long run on the TM (8:34 avg pace), .9 mile walk w/u and c/d. Long runs on the TM aren't ideal, but it snowed all day and I wasn't going out in that. Ended up being a nice strong run with only one stop in the middle to change podcasts and get a drink.

Total: 43.6 miles run, 8.2 miles walked.

Can't wait for it to finally warm up!!!

Okay.  I'm getting back into the swing of things after taper/recovery.  I'm suffering from what I think is a minor bout of Achilles tendonitis, so we'll see how things go.  I have a doc appt on Thurs to go to PT.  I have too much on the line this year to try and self-diagnose/self-heal.  Keeping fingers crossed it won't cause too much of a running interruption, if any at all.

DAY PLANNED RUNNING CORE/STRENGTH COMMENTS
              Mon 4 EZ Miles 4 miles    
              Tues Core/Strength Training   45 min C/ST  
              Wed 5 Miles w/2 Tempo Miles 5 miles w/ 1.5 miles of tempo    Screwed up Mile 3, the first tempo mile when I turned around at 2.5 and hit the lap button. Roll eyes
              Thurs 5 EZ Miles 5 ez miles    
              Fri Rest      
              Sat 14-16 Trail Miles 14 trail miles   Tough day out there.
              Sun        
              Totals        

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

2014: May - MDW 70-Miles; July - Mt. Hood 50

"The farther you go outside, the farther you go inside." (Unknown)
              Ultrarunnerpodcast

Trail Runner Nation

Fatozzig's Place

Thanks lyndenrunner.

Day Plan     Actual
                Mon 1300m, 45' bike then 45' run      1300m swim, 9.3 miles bike, 4.6 miles run
                Tues rest day       nothing
                Wed 800m swim, 30' run       800m swim
                Thurs 60' bike       nada
                Fri rest day       travel
                Sat 10' swim, 10' bike, 10' run       no time
                Sun IronmanTexas70.3      1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run
                --------------- ------------------------------ -----------------------------------
                Total(s)               2.4 miles swimming, 63.3 miles biking, 17.7 miles running 

Paul

Thanks for the shout-outs for my first triathlon/half ironman.

Paul - good luck on the Ironman tomorrow Smile

Dutchie
                  I go running in the early morning, before my brain figures out what I'm up to.

Run the day, or the day runs you.

Actions determine state of mind - Aristotle