Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 12.6.17 (Read 35 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Tuesday’s workouts:
    C-R ( traveling 3.1 morning TM miles)
    RunnerKSA (4 morning TM miles + 1.5 TM miles at work + weights)
    Jlynne (6 Y TM miles + 15 min rowing machine + 25 min weights & core)
    Stumpy (2.2 miles abbreviated lake loop in 38° and shorts)
    Tramps (22 bike miles under ominous clouds)
    Marj (3-4 mi park hike with a friend)
    Henrun (3.1 windy, cloudy miles)
    Tomwhite (60 min with 2 lb HeavyHands & his own devices)
    Fatozzig (45 morning min of core/ST)
    Holly (4.3 TM miles)
    Wildchild (5 late afternoon sunset miles in 27° temps)

Surly Bill (5 miles with some speedish work - 1 at 8:00-8:15 pace, 8 in/out halfs (low 3s and low 4s)

Evanflein (5.6 miles with 1/4 mile hill repeats)

Like Wildchild, I feel sorry for those forced onto TMs in hot gyms.

I hope everything works out for Mike/Eric and Holly’s DD.

Nice score at the Christmas tree raffle, Stumpy.

Henrun, I also never workout outside with music. I enjoy the quiet outside, and the music in my head, and I also want to be able to hear the few cars coming my way in the dark.

Thanks for the commentaries, Opus77 and Tet!

I went out for 6.3 RW miles in ridiculous 57° temps in shorts and a T. It had rained overnight, but slowed to a trickle/drizzle by the time I headed out. The temps were starting to drop by the time I got back, and will continue to do so all day. I doubt I'll be in shorts again till I go indoors or till mid-Spring.

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Good morning Jay and the rest of you folks posting shortly. I hope you enjoyed those warm temps today Jay. They've passed through here and it's back to winter again. It was 21° at 4:30 and the wind was still blowing but I just didn't have it in me to get bundled up to run outside. Guess I'd better get over that in a hurry. And I'm tired of fighting the early morning folks for the 8 treadmills at the Y.  I guess it's going to be a long, long winter   Anyway, I went on the ARC trainer for an hour and did machines and weights for legs and lower body.

Mike - I hope everything went ok yesterday.  Keeping you guys in my prayers.

Holly - is your DD a cashier? Does she get a family discount?

Hey Tom - you behave yourself while Pickles is out of town!

I picked up some hours serving lunch at the middle school today. There's meatloaf on the menu. This should be interesting...

Got outside for 3.2 miles this morning.  Was just a little late getting out the door, but caught the end of a beautiful sunrise, which always makes it worth it.  32 degrees, which by our standards here in the south is chilly, but no wind and I dressed warmly (i.e. overdressed...).

Had a law firm/client function last night (I'm a client as an in-house lawyer) at a nail salon, which was fun but involved lots of wine and snacks.

Off to pill the cat! 

Have a good day, y'all.

1.5 rushed treadmill miles after work before the Vandy basketball game   so 4.7 for the day.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

Jay--you're warmer than us this morning; about 50 here.

Jlynne--I love meatloaf, though we never make it. Can I drop by?

Hey Tom - you behave yourself while Pickles is out of town!

Party at Tom's house!

BTW, I've long seen people use old ski poles for hiking but I didn't realize there was a specialized piece of equipment and a whole "Nordic walking" thing.  Interesting. I'd like to be doing more hiking next year and this might help the knee hold up.  Thanks.

Mike--hope all went well with Eric's counselor.  Was there ever any follow up on that possible job?

Nice to see the #MeToo effort named "person of the year".

4.5 mile run this morning.

Be safe. Be kind.

...tramps//....I'm gonna break out my Old Racing Crutches (less wrist strain) and I'll let you know........

I plan on hitting

''The Hill of Terror'',,,,,,,,...........,,,,,,What could Possibly Go Wrong??

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Quickadder

Taper week continues ahead of Saturday HM, with this morning's planned easy run cancelled due to Rule #1. Knew I should have gone out early yesterday morning when it was 70F, humid & breezy ... today is 40F, raining & windy.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Marathon Maniac #957

this morning's planned easy run cancelled due to Rule #1. Knew I should have gone out early yesterday morning when it was 70F, humid & breezy ... today is 40F, raining & windy.

Good to know you are following the rules...

Jlynne - I don't think you can be a cashier until you are 18, so I think DD will be stocking shelves and bagging groceries.  Not sure about the discount - that would be nice, given how much we spend at that store.

All the attorneys are gone today, doing a CLE, so maybe we can actually get some work done...

7 miles for me on the TM watching the latest Transformers movie.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TRAIL WAL..., I MEAN, RUNNING

=Leslie/Leslie!

bad girl!

I saw that!

what are you thinking?

Have you forgotten the trail runners code of secrecy?

Sorry, Tet! 

Trekking Poles - I had just purchased a pair and had used them a couple of times when I got sidelined.  I plan to go back to them since I found them helpful in climbing when used properly.  Takes some getting used to.

Holly - Generally all employees get the same discount, not just the cashiers.  It was very helpful when The Hub had his job.

Tom - "Wall of Terror"?  "What could possibly go wrong"?  Don't drag us into this, buddy.  We Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, See No Evil.

3 predawn miles under cold, clear skies.  I was sorely tempted by this toward the end of the run :

Image may contain: food and outdoor

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

..30s and Cooooooold

........30-min RC on Hills.....

............I'd like to be doing more hiking next year and this might help the knee hold up.  Thanks.

...since my Foot Straightened out literally overnite after my surgery,

it has given me a little ''knee niggles''

so

I wrapped on a Velcro Knee Brace, and found the two RC's kept the pressure off the knee

.......this should help you......

eta-

and now

for The Cultural Part of The Show-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVZURB0IF8

wildchild

Carolyn

Here's a good article written by my friend Heidi about the difference between motivation and discipline for getting you out the door to run.

finding-motivation-become-disciplined/

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

mrrun

Great links today from tramps, tw, and wildchild!

ran 3 in shorts this morning because DH, aka henrun said it was warm - wrong, but doable!!!!  so dressed up to bike to meet a friend, but temps had dropped more and wind had increased.  stopped at Marshalls and bought a $10 shirt which was toasty for the ride home into the wind.

i was going to make meat loaf tonight but am opting for spaghetti so we have extra for tomorrow when we both have 7 pm meetings.

marj

Jlynne - I don't think you can be a cashier until you are 18, so I think DD will be stocking shelves and bagging groceries.  Not sure about the discount - that would be nice, given how much we spend at that store.

At the grocery stores here, we have cashiers that are under 18, but when someone wants to buy beer, wine or hard liquor, they have to turn their light on to get someone over 21 to scan the customer's stuff.

The meat loaf didn't go over real well today. There was lots of leftovers Tramps, though I'm not sure it was your mother's favorite recipe

ok,

poor impulse control

but

I had forgotten

how funny Tim Conway ( a Famous Runner) was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cUZhHS0PMM

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

FIVE MILES - I sometimes fail to comply completely with running rule no. one but honored corollary no. one with a morning ‘mute in the sun.  Yep, I think this summer’s four month drought did spoil me a little.  
                              TOOTH - molar extraction that was supposed to follow later in the morning didn’t happen as, for the first time in hundreds of times and hours in the dentist chair over the years, the lotsof injections of the Novocaine anesthetic didn’t kick in enough so get to go back on Friday for the same but with general anesthesia to be added.  Oddly enough, after going for 74 years w/o a trip to the hospital or any anesthesia, this’ll be A-3 since agreeing to give it a try for July’s colonoscopy and not having any choice in the matter for straightening out some errant innards in October.  Yippee.
                              Oh well, good weather is supposed to last for at least two more weeks and possibly to the end of the year.  We’ll see.

I had forgotten

how funny Tim Conway ( a Famous Runner) was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cUZhHS0PMM

ps tom - and I'd almost forgotten what a great friend

you are, . . .always so supportive as we try to do for you too.

However, kind of like a lawyer never asking a question without already knowing the answer, i am extremely sorry to have broken internet rule no. one not to follow a link if you don’t have a pretty good idea what’s on it, especially if it’s Dr. Tim Conway, DDS, messing up the Novocaine in an attempted extraction of a Harvey Korman tooth.  I should have stuck to your first link on Yitzhak Perlman’s virtuosity, especially with parts of “Carnival of Venice” being an accordion lesson in Cub Scout days. Somehow, didn't sound like that though. Thanks again . . . . . NOT!.

ps - however, my recent running does kind of look like a Conway tiny-step trek into Korman's office.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

. . . and not having any choice in the matter for straightening out some errant innards in October. 

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance