Masters Running

MLK Monday, 1.16.17 (Read 39 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

I scanned the last couple o' day's posts, but I can't even try to ketchup. But it is good to see that a lot of you are getting in some good mid-winter workouts.

DW and I had a great getaway in Portland, ME, staying at a wonderful B&B (where a new owner took over just last week), and we ate some great and unique dishes at some terrific restaurants. We also spent a lot of time walking and exploring, napping and reading. Neither of us realized how much we needed to unwind until we started to do just that. I found a greenway that went along the shore of Casco Bay around the eastern end of the city, and did most of a couple of workouts there, getting in 7+ miles on Saturday and 8+ yesterday. There were exactly no other people out working out at J o'clock on either morning.

I got back on schedule this morning (no holiday from work for us), and went 6.1 miles in 16F temps with a slight westerly breeze. I'm starting to add some modified racewalking into my workouts, and so far, my hammy hasn't complained too much. However, it still doesn't like uphills, so I still have some healing to do My 'streak' is at 20 days and counting.

Have a greta Monday, whether you're working or not!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Good morning Jay and all to follow. Welcome back, and glad you had a nice relaxing weekend with Mrs Coastwalker

Great pictures of granddaughters and avenger dogs yesterday.

Those are some mighty cold temps you've got up there Erika. I hope it warms up a little.

Another ice storm headed this way, so I took advantage of the last day of "reasonable" conditions and did 5.6 miles in 18° at 5:30, then 15 minutes of core stuff.

Did anyone catch the first episode of "Victoria" on PBS? I DVR'd it since DH was watching football. I've been watching "The Crown" which is really good.

This city is in a pretty happy mood today!

Mike E

MM #5615

This city is in a pretty happy mood today!

Blah blah blah....

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

Since I didn't' have to get DD up for school, I was very tempted to stay in bed an extra 45 minutes or so and skip my workout, but, after some mental debate, I talked myself into getting up and going to the pool "just for a couple of laps."  Like others have said, if you can talk yourself out the door promising a minimum workout, you often find the energy to complete it.

No run for me today, 40 times across the pool instead (20 laps).

When I swim, nothing hurts afterward, but I am sleepy all afternoon.  Today we are scheduled for 4.5 hours of team meeting this afternoon to go over the firm "Processes and Procedures."  It's going to take a LOT of coffee.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Henrun

Really enjoyed seeing the Packers' spectacular victory. Ever since we ran the Green Bay half we've been following them. Would love to see a Super Bowl with the Pats and the Packers.

Jay, glad you had a great weekend. Portland is one of our favorite weekend trips.

Have restricted myself to walking until we head to warmer climes on the 25th. Walked 4 miles yesterday-longest since before surgery and a "fast" one mile today while Marj ran a couple.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

2 mile recovery run to keep the streak going. I am at day 22 and 98.1 miles. My record is 23 days and 98.1 miles. So I can quit after tomorrow. lol

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Mike E

MM #5615

Really enjoyed seeing the Packers' spectacular victory. Ever since we ran the Green Bay half we've been following them. Would love to see a Super Bowl with the Pats and the Packers.

Blah blah blah...

TammyinGP

Blah blah blah...

this.

Tammy

Blah blah blah...

Two blah, blah, blah's from Mike.  Guess he wasn't rootin' for GB.   Cute granddaughter, by the way.  Love the look on her face.

Would love to see the Super Bowl withOUT the Pats. 

Today is a rest or core/ST today.  Will do some core/UBST after work.  The legs need a rest.

Signed up for the Mt. Hood 50k, which is the day after the 50.  Long wait list, though, and I don't know if I'll get preferential treatment for wanting to do the 50/50.  If I'd thought about it ahead of time and signed up for both, I would've gotten into both races without having to go through the lottery process.  Oh well.  Maybe it's the Running Gods telling me to rethink my stupidity. 

Have a great week ~~

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

catwhoorg

Labrat

#GoPackGo

(been a Packers fan ever since I became aware of American Football some 35 ish years ago)

6 easy paced miles for me today. Legs still a little sore from Saturday's long run.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

I sense another "Blah, blah, blah" coming . . .

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

#GoPackGo

Blah blah blah...

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

blah blah blah

because <gasp> I don't watch football. I don't understand it. I am however watching some Australian Open.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

C-R

Nice pics Steve (from yesterday)

That sounded like a great stay Jay. B&B's are awesome. Wish my company would allow that for my travels.

Well done Holly. That mental fortitude comes in handy at the end of a long race too.

Another day and another run in the books. Achilles is cooperating and my slow as you go plan and cross training seems to be working. Just need more patience. 4.5 on the TM although I should have taken to the trails. Tomorrow.

As a neutral, I enjoyed both games yesterday. That coupled with a great Liverpool-Man U match made my sports watching day pretty full. I'm with fatozig on the anyone but the Pats but hey I root for the Colts so it should be expected.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Blah blah blah...

What's the matter, Mike, no football team out your way?

Oh wait, I vaguely remember one.  But the playoffs have been going on for so long, I forgot.   But your GD is a real cutie.

And on a less snarky, and more running related topic, I did run 5 yesterday.  Beautiful day, sunny and high 20's.  I could tell later in the day that my legs have gotten too used to the just 3.1 that they've been seeing.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.