Masters Running

Thu Sep 10 Runs and Workouts (Read 420 times)

I missed the whole day here yesterday, as we were driving back from Boston.  I want to go read Spareribs' race report, but who has that kind of time?  <just kidding> <well, I'll find time later>

But yesterday's run was fantastic!  Not only did we see rtravers again, but we caught up with La Torguga and ran with her!  

Today's run was not quite as fun -- it's back to running in the dark for us.

8.2 miles, 1:06:28, 8:07/mi, AHR 149 (76% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Very lovely ladies to run with yesterday Lou!   You will be the envy of all the men today.

I sure didn't want to get out of bed again this morning, but I finally hauled my arse out for what I hoped to be a 3 mile run.   It didn't take me long to realize that I shouldn't push it and settle for 2 miles on very tired legs.   Followed by .3 mile walk home.  Between running two days in a row and Tone Zone the other night, my legs were just plain tired.   That's okay though - 2 miles is much better than zero!

Happy Thursday!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Nice rendez-vous, Lou.

I cut yesterday's interval WO short (goal: 8x1600; did 4x1600, 7:00 m/m) and shlogged around for 9 miles. My left hammy isn't pleased with last week's 30 mile weekend.

This morning, to my surprise and elatement, the $5.00 treadmill I bought over the weekend responded to my repairs, and to usher in a new era of boredom, I did 2 miles on it this morning.

Ribs, your RR is hysterical. Nice running.

Mary_ isn't getting out the door the hardest part?

Walt

Tramps

Nice pics, Lou.  Sounds like you had some great weather for running up there. 

Good job getting out there, Mary.

Walt--a $5.00 treadmill?!  Can't beat that.  Watch that hamstring.

Thanks for the reminder yesterday that mini-funks are normal. I'm not whining, I'm more perplexed by the unpredictability of it all.  I think some cool autumn weather would be the best medicine.

7 easy miles in the drizzle (and of course 100% humidity...just the way I like it).

Be safe. Be kind.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Wow... don't they all look healthy!

2 miles with Tory and Sadie at 10:20 pace then 12.0 miles at 8:24 pace, AHR 154
            Overall 14 miles in 2:01:30 (8:40 pace)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Good morning, gang!

Lou and PDR - nice photos!  Welcome back to the real world!

Mary - you are right - two miles is good!

Walt - good job with the treadmill resurrection - can't beat the price ;-).

Perch and Tramps - good runs!

dg - hope your injury resolves - your training is going so well.   Agility ends at 9:30, but I have a 2 hour return drive from Massachusetts. The trip is starting to get old after 8 months, but the dog loves it (and so do I), so we'll keep it up at least until we start doing trials.

nono - thanks - sleep was much, much better last night. 

Nearly ideal running conditions this morning - overcast, low 50's, no humidity and a light breeze - 9.5 hilly miles @ 9:49 and 156 AHR. 

DH has had a side pain for the last few days - he thought it was a kidney stone but kept putting off going to the Dr.  even though he hasn't been able to sleep through the pain. I told him he better get is butt to the clinic this morning and get a learned opinion before it turned into an Emergency room trip over the weekend.  Turns out he has shingles which is not great but much better than a kidney stone or other alternative. 

Good runs all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Pink sky at night, Sailor's delight:

We had to put up with this view all last weekend while camping.  Rochrunner (Doug) should have had the same views a little more north of us.

Did anyone get a chance to try my lemon chicken recipe?   Just curious .....

{{{DG}}} Hope you are okay!

Wow Walt - a $5 treadmill!   Is it electric or manual?  Big grin

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

Roch – what a lovely getaway for you and your wife.

Deez – nice interval workout yesterday.

Wildchild – “I passed 7 people, and no one passed me” – very kewl!

WRFB – great pics.  You carry a camera when you run?

Mary – lovely sunset!

Tempo day for me today.  The FIRST plan called for 5 miles @ 7:59.  That’s what my race pace was for my July 25 5-mile race.  Could I do it in a training run?  I’ve been having a sluggish week, but today felt okay when I set out.  Here’s how it went:

1.74 mile WU @ 9:58

5 miles @ 8:07, 8:01, 7:58, 7:59, 7:46 (ave 7:59)  

4.26 miles CD @ 9:46

11 miles total

Not easy, but I got ‘er done.  And I’m feeling pretty good about it. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

WRFB – great pics.  You carry a camera when you run?

I have a little one just for that purpose -- fits nicely into my 5K pack Smile  .  I knew we'd be meeting LaT so brought it with me. 

(Nice tempo run, by the way!)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Slo

The things I've seen on a run......I'd love an easy way to carry a little camera.

No run for me yet. I took a non-scheduled sleep in this morning. Could be a wet run this afternoon......it'll be what ever it is......

I was able to attend the motivational speech by Dan Gable last night. NCAA championship wrestler, (7 years, 181 matches without a loss) olympic gold medalist, ( outscored his opponents 130 - 1) winningest NCAA wrestleing coach winning 9 consecutive NCAA Championship.....25 all total....Olympic Wrestling coach.......and more....much much more.

The message I took away......It ain't luck, It ain't by accident and it starts with a belief system. You have to believe first.

MTA  Holy $h!t Holly......Nice run !

ribs, I really enjoyed your HTC report.  roch, nice getaway for you and your wife.  wild, good job on your trail race.  beers, it was neat you got to meet up with DrRobin and LaT.  Thanks for the pictures.  hopeful, that sure was a beautiful sunset picture.

Nice long runs for dive, PBJ, breger, SLO, perch, and holly (with some fast miles).  Good job on the speedwork for ribs, deez, and Walt.

This morning, it was in the mid 50s and almost calm.  I had a harder than usual 12 miles in a bit over 2:03:30 for a 10:18 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Teresadfp

One day at a time

3.1 plodding miles for me today.  One of those runs where the best thing about it was that I DID it. 

Off to DD11's first middle school XC meet (2-mile).  She was NOT excited about it this morning, so I hope it goes OK for her.

Mary, beautiful photo, thanks so much.

It's sunny and 89 degrees here!  I love summer!!!

D. and were in Tampa last week, catching a Sox game for his birthday and today I am remembering the really good Indian lunch we had in Ft. Myers.  We don't have anything comparable here.

The corn is just excellent however, anyone else having it on a daily basis these days?

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles
                            wildchild

Carolyn

Mary, what a beautiful photo!  Too bad you couldn't have found somewhere pretty to camp...

Holly, must have been a really good run to break out the dancing banana! Congrats on nailing your tempo pace target!

WRFB, nice pics, and nice runs with friends! I should look into a small camera to take running.

Sue, sorry to hear your DH has shingles. I remember when my grandmother had them, and she was pretty uncomfortable.

Teresa, good luck to your DD on her XC meet.

5 slow hot sweaty miles at lunchtime.  At least it was on a pretty trail through the woods in the state park near my office.  Gee, I wish I had a shower at work. Bet my co-workers agree.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Hi to all my friends here on RA - it was very fun indeed to run with the Beers and have a Dr Robin sighting.

Look at all the great runs going on here today.

Hi DeeGee!!!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx