Masters Running

June Masters Miles (Read 34 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Howdy, masters!  Time to brag or complain about how your June running went!  Post your miles run, AG awards, PRs, and anything else noteworthy! How about adding some pictures with your reports?

Here's a picture from a run this week in Rocky Mountain National Park:

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Sayhey! MM#130

Just one little 5K all month long for me.   291.3 total miles for June, which looks like a prime, but I found out is not .

Here's a picture of the Asheville Marathon and half, where I can get you a discount if you sign up in July (it sells out early):

2014BiltmoreGrounds1

For the discount:

A few notes to keep in mind: 1. The discount code MUST be applied at the END of the checkout process (not in the invitation code box in the beginning of the registration) . 2. The discount is NOT good retroactively, sorry.  3. If someone forgets to use the code or sees it after they have registered we cannot go back in and put the code in.

AMA DISCOUNT CODE 2017 (15% off)

AMY2017AMAROCKS

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

evanflein

201.4 miles for June, two races with two age group wins although neither race was a good time (for me). I'll take it. 6th month in a row of 200+

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks wild!

It was a pretty dull month for me as I recovered from the "challenge".

June: 93

2016: 1129

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Thought I was doing better this month, but three trips did me in--53.5 miles for the month.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

wild, another great picture.

83 miles for June

361 miles for the year to date

Thanks, TomS

pfriese

Hey Carolyn!

Great picture for our monthly thread.

Total monthly running mileage - 159.4 miles

Light at the End of the Tunnel Marathon - 3:55:27 I had a great race. Only 27 seconds short of a BQ. Maybe I should look for a marathon before mid-September & give it another try.

Wild Rogue Relay - whole thread already on this. What a fantastic experience with CR, KR, RA, & WUTBCR runners! It was great being in the same van as you, Enke, Econo, Dg, & Jan.

Paul

coastwalker

Hi WC.

Thanks for doing this again, and for another phab photo!

140.9 RW miles in June

MSD 10K,; 1st place walker.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Total mileage way up, but not from running:

Run: 28.84

Bike: 435.62

Swim: 0.88

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Always look forward to Carolyn's great pictures

120.8 Miles for June

753.3 YTD - just barely staying ahead of that 1500 bunny

One 10k that was nothing to write home about.

Thank you Carolyn!

MM #7877

210.3 miles. I wanted to hit a prime number and came close, but I was too lazy to run 3/4 more of a mile Sad

June - 2 marathons completed.

Philippians 4:13.

Alexander R

that's an awesome picture, wild

I finally got to 300 miles in June, but just barely, the exact number was 300.5

an amazing likeness

198 miles for June.

Nothing to report, it was a work-a-day month of early summer runs...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Still two or three months away from my YTD catching up to amy and others’ monthly mileages

but I hope to be closing in on 300 miles by September or October.  We’ll see.

First marathon since November, longest gap since a 9-month hiatus in 2003

Seven trips to GS-land through May were worth it, though.

June 2015
                              tetsujin - 57.4 miles
                              YTD - 207.6 miles
                              . . . Lake Washington Shore 10K w/84-yo IM mentor - barefoot
                              . . . Mt. Taylor 4,400' Marathon (8:16:36.6) - thongs
                              . . . . . . (It’s a year before the official 40th anniversary but Mt. Taylor marked marathon no. 200
                              . . . . . . in 40 different years over five different decades of at least one a year since June 1977)
                              . . . run/walkamutes - 25 miles
                              Fantastic photo WC.
                              I’d love to be running there but Colorado was reserved for skiing in those days and the only time I was there in the summer, mountains were for hiking and there was no such thing as running races around the alpines and tops of mountains just for the sake of running.  I’m often very gratefully appreciative of those who thought that places we used to think were almost too dangerous for hiking would be perfect venues for running races. 

Light at the End of the Tunnel Marathon - 3:55:27 I had a great race. Only 27 seconds short of a BQ. Maybe I should look for a marathon before mid-September & give it another try.

paul - Not only is there still the Tunnel Light in September on the same old RR down grade but they’ve added a third one for August this year, to say nothing of the Jack-and-Jill ilene’s doing there at the end of July.  Anytime you can still run under four hours and have a chance for a BQ, no excuse is too feeble come out and see the kids again.  As 100-yo old Mr. Igarashi told me on the top of Mt. Fuji in 1987, “enjoy yourself.  Your younger days never come again.”

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

BlazinCajun

163 miles for June

Andrew
                                ------------------
                                God, my Lord, is my strength;
                                he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
                                and enables me to go upon the heights.
                                Hb 3:19