Good morning from Maryland's Eastern Shore

Deez4Boys- 6.4

TomWhite 48 minutes poor run in a speedo

Mike E- flu victim # 21,436,753

Anzio 4 miles of a fast walk

RunnerKSA 4.2 TM

Tetsujin spin class

Spacity 6 miles

TwoCat 13 (Best of luck in next weeks marathon)

Tammy 22 technical, foggy at  start trail miles

Falcon 11

Fatozzig 4 miles; longest since Christmas

C-R a fuel free 21

Me- 10

C-R My son was a decent high school wrestler, little guy. 9th grade 103lbs, soph 119, junior and senior 130/135. 3 time state qulaifier, but never placed. His senior year he had a former state champ, undefeated for the year, in the second round. He turned the kid to his back and had him teed up for a pin, but time just ran out before they called it. Lost on points. I loved watching wrestling and alternatively hated it.

Hoping for 6 today; will be messy as we got a pretty good snow last night.

Tailwinds!

Tramps

5 in the fog.

Be safe. Be kind.

...thanks bioguy//............but Normally we all try to stay AWAY from the guy in the SpeeDo.......

(his Theme Song

could be titled

''Looking for Love In All The Wrong Places'' )

supposed to dry some this afternoon,

will

try to ''Jog'' theSoccerFields this afternoon

unless drowning in mud is a concern...

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Henrun

We just ran a 5K in sunny, warm Naples Fla. See mrrun’s race report.

Quickadder

I posted yesterday’s race report in the weekend race thread and didn’t think to mention it in the dailies too. As a result it doesn’t appear in the summary this morning and presumably therefore never happened. Given how the race went, that may be a good thing!

6 easy miles this morning with DD. Misty but 15 degrees cooler than yesterday - why couldn’t we have had that for yesterday’s race?

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Anzlo

Grats to this weekend's racers !  I have never run an event in February, earliest has been April so far.

Tammy - Great pics of the Rogue trail.  I would think that the going would be a bit rough in February in some places. I hiked a small portion of that a couple years ago but am more familiar with the Oregon PCT.  In 2013 I backpacked a 250 mile stretch of that with a couple adult sons.  Oregon has some fantastic hiking trails but I am not much of a trail runner.

I wedged in 5 run miles this morning between snow/rain showers with simply lucky timing.  It started again within 5 minutes of when I finished.  No snow sticking as the ground temperature is above freezing but the air has a feel in the 20's (ice on many car windows).  This was my longest steady moderate pace run since last October and it felt pretty good but I can tell the running fitness is not there yet. I am satisfied with the 17 run miles and 18 fast walk miles for the week but will try to up the run miles to 20 in the next two weeks.

Have a great upcoming week folks !

65+ Bests: 5K-26:11, 10K-TBD, HM-TBD

Meant to mention-  nice run yesterday, Norm.

Outside!!! The rain finally moved out and we have a nice day. I got out around noon/ 55 degrees and went over to the path for the first time in 4 weeks (out of town and then sick). It felt good to be on the nice, relatively flat path. Lots of folks out with kids on bikes and walking dogs. We've been cooped up for a few weekends in a row here. 6.7 miles a little too fast and HR too high. I'm not quite over this cold/virus and probably need to get all the meds out of my system.

Tied my longest streak with today's run-  960 days averaging 5.2 miles a day.  Tomorrow is new streak territory for me.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

2 miles for tomorrow's compilation.

Didn't have any plans for today's predicted high winds and snow but neither of either so, at least, took a sunny two-mile out-and-back, just right for getting ready to run all the way in next week's Lunar Year-of-the-Dog 5K.  Maybe Avenger'll be there or, at least, I could send him a zodiac doggie shirt.  Does he read Chinese too?

Tammy - have you ever run the mileages you've been churning out recently, especially in the mountains, like you're doing with your impressive weekend runs with Mrs. Ultra0Queen who hits the trails week-after-week, rain-or-shine.  Sorry to say but I had my doub, . . . I mean, concerns, when you first got connected with her, especially if the trails down there are as daunting as up here (which your pics show, yes, they are, if not more so) and the mid-Oregon weather is anything like we have up here too.   However, what's the ultra Leslie is talking about you might do? Have you ever done an ultra before?, . . . . . on trails?  . . . .  Are you going to run it with Leslie?  I hope so, . . . and as many other of the mountain goddesses as possible.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

RunnerKSA congratulations on the streak. I was listening to a podcast and they were interviewing a woman's who was up to 20 years on her streak. I find it pretty incredible that anyone's life could make that possible. I would think that sometime over 20 years something serious would go wrong and running that day would be out. But, apparently not! So, here is wishing you never end up with something going seriously wrong and you can keep your streak up as long as you want to.

As to me, we got several inches of snow last evening. Today it is 40° and the snow is quickly melting. My original training schedule had me on the elliptical today and running 9 miles tomorrow. But I have an early class tomorrow and would need to get up really early to do the run and likely on the TM to boot. My DW talked me into moving that run to today and switching my elliptical day to tomorrow. So that is what I did. Not bad out. Not too cold for February (still not good, but what can you do it is winter), bright sun and the roads were snow free.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

C-R

Nice streak Karen! I let mine fall to the side on Monday after 405 days. Too much of an addiction. Glad you are still managing it. Keep going. Vegas has the over under at 1500 for ya.

Bioguy - my kid started in 6th grade because a friend of his talked him into wrestling as they needed more bodies. He loves it. Hard work. Great coach who believes in being healthy (no weight cutting) and mentally strong. It's been fun to watch him grow into it. Perhaps next year he can make it out of regionals. He and I start boxing next month. That's what I did as a teen.

Have fun with that doggie 5k tet - sounds like your training is perfect for it.

Have to admit it. After yesterdays run I didn't feel like battling the winds even though its sunny. Went to the indoor track and ran mile repeats for 7+. Man I like running in shorts and a singlet. Gotta get ready to read at Mass tonight.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TammyinGP

Tet - this will be my first ultra. It's on 5/5 and a 50K.  It's actually a very do-able 50K for first-timers. I've run the 30K portion of it a few times. Carolyn is coming out to run this and I've been training with my friend, Ellener, who is training for a few 100 milers this year - and using 50K and 50 milers as training runs. Leslie may come up for the race and may even volunteer at it. OR they do have a 5K option (but that part is all pavement so not appealing to a trail runner), OR they have a 30K relay option as well. Unsure what her plans are exactly, and she may be unsure too because much depends on how her injury recovers and what kind of mileage she is able to safely do. Leslie - chime in if I'm incorrect on speaking on your behalf 
                        I have not run this kind of mileage in a long time. My last marathon was 2013 (avenue of the giants) so haven't had a need, nor desire, to ever run beyond 15 or 16 miles I suppose.  But I certainly am enjoying trail running and my legs sure recover so much better after 3, 4 or 5 hours on the trails, versus even a 3 hr long run on pavement. today - no soreness whatsoever and our run time yesterday was about 5:15.  I guess the thing that I like about trail running, especially on the trails we've been hitting up, is there is invariably some walking. Some climbs are so steep that you can't run it any faster than walking - so I like that break/rest from non stop running and it all feels very do-able for me.

Tammy

bioguy

Got in an easy 6 after grading a stack of bio tests. Then climbed a ladder to clear some gutters.

tailwinds!

...Welcome to Anzio.....

........Great Pics tammy

=================

very mild,

and only semi-slippery today

50-min HH 3-lb boots, 4-lb handwgts on Soccer Fields

.......my Poor Old Asolo's are gonna have to get re-soled

THE GOOD NEWS-

my NEW Asolos came in Yesterday>>>>>YOWZA///////

..........Good Running to Ya.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Tammy - I saw your LR yesterday and thought, wow, she is getting in the miles!  That sounds like a great 50K, and awesome that Carolyn (and hopefully Leslie) will be there for it.  I wish I lived closer, because you West-Coasters have some beautiful trail races.

I admit that I am not a fan of having a separate thread for the weekend races, but this is mostly due to my own lacking - I forget the thread is there, and end up missing them or reading them weeks later.  Lately I have been so busy it is all I can do to keep up with the daily, and FB has fallen to the wayside mostly.  I am going to make a point this week of trying to catch up some of the recent weeks of race threads, though.  I enjoy hearing about your adventures.

We had a fabulous time in Amish country, shopping and dining with our friends (6 couples).  DH had thought up lots of fun gags and romantic gestures for the guys to give to their wives, and we had a lot of laughs.

Image may contain: 6 people, including Holly Slone Schultz, people smiling, people standing and outdoor

We left too early to run yesterday, and when I got up with the intention of running on the TM at the hotel, I found I had forgotten my running shorts.  Oh well.  Start again tomorrow.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

We had about 6" of snow over night, but temp was never below freezing.  About 35 when I headed out--streets were plowed and I was mentally complementing the DPW for having plowed the sidewalk on the far side of the lake.  Retracted it when I discovered the return portion had not.  Oh well, the parking lane on that portion is a lot wider.  So 3.2 snowy miles for everything that blew off the trees.

Didn't realize there was a goddess gathering coming up.  Have a great time.  Other than the 50K part, it sounds like fun.  

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.