Masters Running

Saturday, July 11 Masters Runs and Rides (Read 321 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

No run for me today - decided to go for a 55-minute bikeride with DD, on her trailerbike, down by the river instead. 

Later night than usual last night - went with DH to an outdoor concert - but Max The Overly Affectionate Cat decided that I was oversleeping at 5:20am, and kindly remedied that.    I think I see a nap in my future....

Happy Saturday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Slo

Good Morning Holly

Later than usual night for us too. We had some unexpected guest stop by and spent a very nice eveing out on our patio.......

Just back from a very easy 3.85 mile run. Hoping to do a 4 mile "Moonlight" race tonight......always a good time at that one.

I best be moving.......It's a work day for me.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Two beautiful days in a row, wow!  You'd think it was summer or something.  I did 5.4 easy miles with my RP.  54 degrees, breezy, bright sunshine.  It's so nice, I may go out and do a couple more later.

Off to take DS to a college interview.  We're supposed to leave in 10 minutes, and he's not dressed yet.  I'll practice some deep breathing now.

I'm glad Holly and Slo had fun evenings.  That's what Summer is all about.

This morning's run was delightful.  Mother Nature decided to give us a break (74 and 67%) and it felt wonderful.

I ran easy with a friend for the first 9 miles (9:15 pace during this stretch).  This is a good solid pace for her and she ran great!  Then I continued on for another 3.5 miles at 8:45 to 8:55 pace.  Delightful.  I could have run more easily.  I wish we had more of these days during the Summer months.

Hopefully Coach will be okay with this run.  He wants slower still.  But my average HR was only 138, Max only 151.  That classifies as easy in my book.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Renee the dog

Up at 5:20 with my alarm clock.  Came downstairs...Renee was on the couch.  I sat down to cuddle with her, and awoke at 7:45 with the family piling on us!

Sooooooooo, no run yet.  Kids are going with Bayside to get their hair cut.  I'm thinking I'll start on the TM and get my "bursts of speed sprinkled in" out of the way, and then finish up outside with Renee with any remaining mileage I have to do.  Gotta tell you though, I feel like taking another nap.  

Which will win out? 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Yeah Holly, I can't wait to meet up in a couple of weeks!!  Naps are good Smile

Teresa, GL to DS!

Breger, I know we don't have the same coach since I coach myself but my distance was close to the same and it seems our workouts are often similar.  Nice run, yeah that's a good heart rate range I'd think.

Out for 8 x 1 mi repeats at MP (7:39), 11.5 miles total.  Felt really good, I can remember doing 4 and 5 of these in weeks gone by at a slower pace and thinking they were harder than I'd like.  I felt very comfortable doing these and only stopped because I'd reached my workout goal.  (Modified to add that MP is actually about 15 - 20 sec faster than goal pace b/c I'm doing the Galloway run/walk program so you do the mile repeats at the pace you will be running between the walk breaks so that means about 15 - 20 sec faster than what you plan to average).

I was doing long runs every other week but now that they will be over 20 miles it's every 3 weeks.  It was weird not doing a long run today.

Pleasant weekend all, looking forward to hearing about the racers!

rs

Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)
              Slo

Very nice workout Runningsmarter. And WoW are you fast !

When is your Marathon ?

I was modifying the previous post when you posted that SLO Smile

Thanks Smile  I've really been surprised by my recent progress, I haven't tried to push my paces for the first time ever and the result is that they've been getting faster on their own.  I'm going to do the Air Force Marathon on Sep 19th so I'm still just over 2 months out.

Thanks again SLO Smile  GL in your race tonight!!

rs

Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)
                    4.9 for me today in 75 degrees, followed by a mile swim.  

Now to continue the endless search for the perfect car...

Holly, I think naps are better than Sonic Hot fudge sundaes 

Slo - a run on the same day as a race?  You da man.

Teresa - I want to be in Maine!!!   Hope the interview went well.

Bill - great running!

Nono - see above re Holly.

runningsmarter - woohoo!

I had to run in warmer & more humid temps than Bill,  that ain't right.

Nice run in that cool weather Bill  Amie...awesome run

6.2 miles around the neighborhood after working traffic control at a 5k race this morning.

I was a little worried today because I took a foul ball off the chest last night.  Doing summer collegiate league & about a 94 mph fastball that batter just got enough of to avoid the catcher.  Ball hit chest protector but still chest is very sore & I was concerned but ran just fine.  I'm very glad it missed the collarbone them really hurt bad.

I just beat the rain as it is now storming out.

Have a wonderful weekend!   

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

King of PhotoShop

That plan I had of running 7 today went away about 50 paces into my run.  The week just caught up with me and I was tired.  I got out before the heat however (it will be over 100 again today) and ran a slow 5, which still gave me a week at 52.6 miles, a big breakthrough for me.

I have tons of work to do to prep for my Pittsburgh trip, but my a/c'd office sure beats what the Saint is doing today:  mowing the lawn!

Nice running Amie. 

For the record, it was not Ilene who got me to change my mind re that post from Aamos.  I got a lot of private email on the subject which was very kind and supportive, and helped me see the whole thing in a different way.  Looking forward to seeing some of you Oct 2010 in the Twin Cities.   (SteveP, you are still a riot!)   Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

Out for 8 x 1 mi repeats at MP (7:39),

Yowza - I thought you were aiming for a 3:45, but that's a 3:20 goal - very fast!  I'm planning on being at the AF race as well, but I'll be doing the half marathon this time.  It falls in a good place in my training for Columbus - 4 weeks before.

Sarge - ouch!

Ribs - very nice week!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Hey Sarge, you must not be too far away, the rains hit here as well around the same time you posted.

NICE week Ribs!!  I'm only around 25 per week.

Holly the 3:45 and finishing healthy are my main goals.  Back in Jan (a month after having DD) when I signed up for the marathon I had no idea what I could do and thought breaking four hours would be nice.  Then when I started racing in Apr my 5k times were predicting sub 3:50 and have been steadily going down ever since so I really have NO idea of what my goal marathon pace will be.  So for now (which has been working so far) I'm just using my last race and mcmillan's pace predictor as my training times.  So for now, my latest race was a 21:12 5k which predicts a 3:26 (7:54).  But I need to run slightly faster during the running periods between walk breaks so that puts it around 7:40.  But we'll see how some of my future races go as to what my true goal race pace will be.

Yay!! I'll get to meet up twice with Holly!!  You should think about the good neighbor 5k and then we can meet up once a month for the next three months! Smile

rs

P.S. What a great DH, when I got back from my run this morning the kids had been fed, a load of laundry had been started and he was vacuuming!!

Mariposai

Batman I am so sorry that I don't have any pits saved up for you. I can the cherries with their pits on them, heck I will have all winter to spit the pits. But I will think of your request when I star drying them .

It is so great to see all the fun and great runs that we are having around here today.

I just came back from the Methow were I ran a 10 mile trail race. The plan was to w/u for two miles, run 10 at a steady effort (the course has a 3015 total ascent and 2920 total descent) so we were continuously going up and down, up and down the whole entire time. After the finish line and hydrating the plan called for 2 easy miles c/d for a total LR of 14 miles.

...and...

...that is exactly what I did. I even passed two h***t looking guys and 1 one chick

ohh, I got 4th in AG and came home with a gift certificate for a pair of running shoes...how cool is that.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mariposai that's a serious trail run, that is probably equal to about 20 miles flat a course.  Congrats on winning the shoes

Amie I'm 15 miles south of Youngstown about 200 miles from Dayton.  It's rather unusal both places would start raining at the same time but the storms were very shattered.    

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.