Masters Running

Wednesday, 12.2.15 (Read 34 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

I'm still having to remind myself to type "12" for the month...

Just a walk-by this morning, as I have to get out the door for an 8am meeting a few towns away. Too bad, because it looks like there were lots'a interesting posts yesterday.

5.5 RW miles at J o'clock in relatively mild 38F temps and a wind-blown heavy mist. I did the last mile and a half at just over an 11 min. pace with almost no hamstring/glute discomfort at all. I know that's a yawn for you folks, but it is the best I've done in quite a while, so I'm happy to see it. I still have to build my endurance some more, and then start working on speed (such as it is).

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hard time believing that it's December already.  Glad you're no longer a pain in the butt, Jay.

We had a fun time this weekend moving DD out of her apartment in Maine, pending her move back to LA to start up school again in January.  She accumulated an incredible amount of stuff in just over a year.  No running since last Friday, but a lot of exercise.  Just glad she had a first floor apartment.  DW was happy, her new Forester got a trailer hitch out of the move, so we could rent a trailer to move the bigger stuff.

Back outside this morning for 3.8 miles.  Guess it was a tempo run, as I ended up with a 9:05 average pace.  A lot better than I expected.

Happy running to all.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Sayhey! MM#130

Not a yawn, Jay!  I have been reliving last year in my mind, when I couldn't run b/c of my ankle.  Always good to hear when someone is on the mend.

Dang, stumps, that is quick for the ol' morning run.  Mine aren't nearly so good.  (The first one especially; I could toss it out and recalculate the pace, but I'm too lazy.)

7.25 at Lakes Park.  Just the usual floral and fauna.  And sunrise.    Off to "mentor" my high school student.

Thanks for the book title, Starr.

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Mike E

MM #5615

Wait until next month, Jay, when you have to remember the '16.

Glad you're no longer a pain in the butt, Jay.

And speed is relative . . . in that I don't have any. 

I was eyeballing the Brooks Cascadia 9 on a web site yesterday.  They were under $100.  Hmmm . . .

Sleep-in day for me.  Reworking my schedule to account for the fact that a big storm is coming in and I don't want to run in it in the a.m.  Will do my bike workout tomorrow instead of running.   . . . .  at least that's the reason I'm giving for sleeping in.

On a happy note - the estate accounting I've been working finally balanced yesterday.  Woot woot!!

Okay - Back to work . . .

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

just over an 11 min. pace with almost no hamstring/glute discomfort at all. I know that's a yawn for you folks, but it is the best I've done in quite a while, so I'm happy to see it.

I'm with ziggie as that was a “gasp-gasp/wheez/wheez”

pace when I tried to up the ante with a friend in the last mile

of Sunday’s otherwise 14:01m/m Seattle Marathon.  whew

ps - I was very extremely happy with 14m/m too
              Slowly returning to normal with a leisurely 5-mile bike commute

this balmy morning (40-degrees) under cloudy but non-precipitating skies.

Hope the rain’s finally letting up elsewhere too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

Mike - is there a gathering thinking about Portland 2016? maybe I missed that. I would probably drive up for that. not sure I would run the marathon or not, but at least the 5 miler (I've done that before) but if RA peeps are coming, I can probably make that happen!

so now our below freezing temps are warming up but along with warmer temps is several days of rain. . . oh, but wait. . i'm not made of sugar, so I won't melt in rain.

Tammy

just over an 11 min. pace with almost no hamstring/glute discomfort at all. I know that's a yawn for you folks, but it is the best I've done in quite a while, so I'm happy to see it.

..jay//.....YOU ARE AN ANIMAL///////

===========

.....40's here

did 60-min HH walk, no cane, and a LOT slower than that SpeedFreak Jay.......

...................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

This morning, it was in the high 20s and almost calm.  I did 4 miles at an 11:21 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mike E

MM #5615

Mike - is there a gathering thinking about Portland 2016? maybe I missed that. I would probably drive up for that. not sure I would run the marathon or not, but at least the 5 miler (I've done that before) but if RA peeps are coming, I can probably make that happen!

Yes, there is.  I know Holly has signed up for it, already.  I'm just wating for the price to go up again.  Actually...now that I have agreed to help coach the high school cross country team, I'm wondering if it's fair to be training for a marathon during that time...but, I'll probably sign up as soon as Debbie gives me the go ahead.

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay - my RUNNING pace is 10:20.... nice that you are pain free....

Kevin - speedy!

Tammy - Come on down!

DD interrupted my morning workout time (again) with last minute "I need you to drive me to school early" and "I need you to French-braid my hair, okay, one braid going this way and another going this way and then have them join in the back and......"

Anyway, all I had time for was 4 miles....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

Is portland still only a full and the 5 miler, or have they added a half? i'll have to look into that. Portland is only a 4 hr drive north for me, so it's not bad at all.

Tammy

C-R

Glad you're pain free Jay.

Forgot a shout out to Tet for his marathon success. Well done.

It was snowing today and I liked seeing that. Having a white Christmas is nice and not so bad for running. Got a decent 10k at lunch. Needed a break from work.

'16. Oh boy where did the year go?

Cheers everyone.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Is portland still only a full and the 5 miler, or have they added a half? i'll have to look into that. Portland is only a 4 hr drive north for me, so it's not bad at all.

Tammy - There's a separate thread going:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/forum/3f54d86cf8354dfb9a6aa7e67ef26205/resume#focus

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

thanks Leslie!

Tammy