Masters Running

March 2019 Master's Miles (Read 31 times)

an amazing likeness

March starts the end of winter here in northern New England...we start the month still deep in winter but the sun's growing strength pushes each day a bit warmer. Any areas with open southern exposure are now snow free, maple trees are tapped and flowing, and we're fully in the grips of mud season on the dirt roads. Longer days mean my headlamp has been charged and unused for a the past two weeks, and a few runs have been undertaken with ghastly white legs exposed.

Welcome to spring!  It is time to post those hard-earned and masterly-run March miles, race results and running achievements!

You ran, walked, cycled and swam 'em, let's hear about 'em.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

TammyinGP

Thank goodness for 5 full weekends in March. It's hard for me to get to 100 miles a month but with those weekends, I got there. 

113.7 miles in March.

Tammy

I got off to a slow start

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Joe618

208.4.    Pushing towards Boston and it showed. 

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

evanflein

Bringing down the average!  68.3 miles as I start rebuilding from another injury.

March did include a marathon though, so got another state with a sub-4, BQ time and 2nd in AG.

coastwalker

Thanks, Milktruck.

156 RW miles for me in March, including a 5K in which I snagged 3rd AG.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

anneb

152 miles for me for March - 397 miles YTD

Because I'm generally running early in the morning, I'm still using the headlamp and I've worn shorts exactly 2x. Looking forward to both of those things changing soon!

Anne

65 miles running but loving being able to spend more time on the bike.  My bike miles were way down the last couple of years so that shouldn't be an issue this year.  Coach Neely has been holding me back until I see the orthopedic doctor on the 11th.  My primary care doc said to just rub some Icy Hot on my sore hip muscles before I run and that should take care of it.  He doesn't know a thing about running!  I've been dealing with this since November.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Tramps

Making you all feel better about your mileage:

56 miles running

248 cycling.

Be safe. Be kind.

159 miles for me.  No races.  The 31 day and 5 weekend month helped!  Also, the trip to Florida involved shorts!   This was my highest month in a while due to injuries, colds etc.  I'll take it.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

pfriese

Thanks milktruck.

March- 143.3 miles

A couple of races this month.
                        An early March 15K in 1:24:13 for a 1AG 
                        A late March half marathon in 1:54:01 for a 3AG.

Paul

rmcj001

Thanks Milktruck!

161 miles for March.  One 5k race, kind of slow, but good for 3rd OA, 2nd male and 1st AG.

Ray

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

SubDood

255.4 miles for March, 597.2 miles for 2019,

Ran an 8k (O'Gara's Irish Run) on March 9th. Out-sprinted "Bekah" at the finish.

Quickadder

Even with 5 weekends, I only managed to run 9 times in the month but logged 105 miles.

One race - a hot and steamy marathon in a PW only a few minutes inside the cutoff but still managed 2AG and fastest marathon that week in the mileage game.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47