Masters Running

Cotton Row 10K (Read 255 times)

I'm gonna go ahead and call this one a PR!

I've run it every year since 2002, and I may have run it faster than today, in fact I'm sure that

in my mid fifties I probably did.

However, for the past 3 years, I have run it in 1:02:something something, 1:03, etc. and 1:04 blah blah.

Today I did it in 1:00:34.  Now this is a few seconds slower than the PR I posted a few months ago and put on Ilenes's "fastest times" post, but this is the race with the MOUNTAIN!  

Ok, it's not a mountain, it's a very steep hill that very few runners actually run up.  

Today, I did not break my tradition and, indeed, walked up it, but somehow I managed to make up my time on the rest of the course, which is a lot of downhill after the mountain  hill.

BTW, I moved up to a new AG and was sure I'd come in first. No, no, no, no, no, no, no!

Final results:  3rd in AG out of 7.  This year I got hardware!

fussy, congratulations on your "mountain 10K" PR and on the hardware. 

TomS

wooohooooo!!  way to go Helen!!

denise

Nice going, Fussy!
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          Slo

Congrats Fussy

Nothing like earning a little hardware to go along with a new PR eh ?

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

None of us are going to quibble about a couple of seconds--If it's a PR to you, then it sure is to us

Excellent race and on getting AG hardware.  Now that you're the youngster in your AG, you'll need to do a better job of cherrypicking races and move up the list.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

#artbydmcbride

Congratulations on 'ageing up"  Big grin   And on the awesome finish time in a 10k with a mountain.  Smile

Runners run

Yes, that's a good time considering you were walking up the mountain!  Congrats on the hardware!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Yes, I would call that a PR.  Congratulations, for the PR and for the 3rd AG win - great job!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Hey, new AG, all new PR's right?? At least that's what I'm banking on for my new AG next year. Congratulations on the great race and any time you can squeak out a PR with that much hillage it's a good thing!
                      TammyinGP

YAY!!  What a great job on this race!! We can now call you MountainRunner! I don't think there was any room for fussiness in this race!

well done!

Tammy

SteveP

Sweet victory Fussy!!! We can feel your energy in your RR. Thanks for the post and well done on the hardware.

SteveP

Renee the dog

Awesome job Fussy!  Keep up the great racing!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Tag

Congratulations! I know that course well having run it myself the past few years. You can subtract 2 to 3 minutes typically to get what your time would be on a relatively flat course with similar weather.
                                Congratulations, Fussy.   That time looks great to me.   I hope to be able to run a 10K by the end of 2009.  That is my New Year's resolution.  It will be very slow next to you, for sure.   Bravo!   Hey, those AG awards are neat to get.     Woods Lady