Masters Running

Thursday's Explanation - 6/6 Daiies (Read 46 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Surprising, no, not yet.  Entering the state of nervous excitement.  And thinking--this is going to happen, whether I'm ready or not, so better enjoy it one way or another.

Stumpy, are you getting excited about your marathon?  Checking the long range forecast yet?  Smile 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Great attitude Stumpy!

Got a run in finally, 6am, a cool 56F, it felt like diving into a cool pool of water, compared to the temperature by dinner time (80F).  4.3 easy miles, and my HR was much higher than it should have been.  Either I've lost a lot of conditioning in just the past few weeks with low mileage, or the beers last night had something to do with it, or both!

Coastwalker, I am clueless as to what the "GC" meant.

I used to have the hots for Clooney, until a read an article about him, and he sounded so narcissistic.  Big surprise?

Baby turkeys are called poults (thank you google).  I would have thought "turklets" more appropriate.  They look pretty cute, and tiny.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Narcissistic or not,.....Dave? it's time to post again, eh?  Actually I am with you Enke, and I like a bit more of a bad boy---edgy look---Clooney looks too coiffed and teflon-like

Ran  6 miles yesterday on NRD---had planned to anyway, so all good. Two runs today---early am with the fast girls for six miles and then just a bit ago---a 2.8 mile dog jog with Hudson T. Griff :-) He's such a happy running pal and we only had two squirrel fartleks this time. He's got his head on my lap right now. Such a lovable and sweet dog.  I am still doing my best at CrossFit---hard to feel this incompetent at this stage of life, but everyone there is so supportive and I am learning---lots of high hang snatches and squats today (light loads for me as I learn form). kettle bell swings, box jumps, and wall handstands.

Go stumpy go!

Awesome photo wildchild!

Meant to say hey to breger....scary heart stuff and so hoping it's not a significant thing. Exciting news about your Michigan move.

Marathon Maniac #957

Wyoming in-laws, Holly? In how many states do you have in-laws?  Wink

Two - the other side of the marriage lives in California.

Dave - your avatar is very distracting...I think I may be drooling more than usual.....glad you said you were going to see a doctor, because I was about to say THIS IS AN INFECTION CLOSE TO YOUR BRAIN - GO SEE A DOCTOR!  You can amputate anything else....

MS - I, too, like to hear about your bike adventures....

Carolyn - another nice picture - and both feet off the ground - awesome!

Mariposai - how are your allergies holding up?

No run for me today, just some light core work and weights and housecleaning....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave59

Well folks, it's shingles.  The doctor is concerned about having it around my eye and I have to go to an ophthalmologist for a special test tomorrow.  So I am kind of freaked out about that.  I don't do well with people playing around with my eyes.  Plus the concern about what they could find.

I also don't take it as a good sign that the doctor gave me hydrocodone for pain that "may" come with the shingles.   Never known a doctor who handed that stuff out without a good reason.  (I also have some type of anti-viral medication.)

So far, I just feel generally carppy and tired.  All the other swelling I am having is the lymph glands reacting to the virus.

I'm signing off the computer because I don't want to think about it or read anything about it until I get done with the test tomorrow.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I’ve never seen any either but, if I did, they would/will be turklets.
              Carolyn - that looks a lot like what it’ll be like for your birthday run with posie (and the rest of us) out here, . . . except it’s a 2% grade nearly all the way down from mile 2 out of the tunnel instead of just the last half or so as it was in Deadwood. Looks good though.
              I loved Clooney’s songs, especially the “house” ones but she was 74 when she passed in 2002. Oh well.
              ps dave - forget what I said about posting a real picture if that’s what it is.

Good luck and hope the treatment gets everything back to normal.

Any idea how you got it and how the rest of us can avoid it?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Dave59 shingles really sucks.  But from what very, very little I know it is not serious other than it is seriously painful.  I hope they can treat it and it disappears as fast as it arrived.  Great picture of the baby turkeys.  We used to see them around here when we first moved in.  But, town zoning required us to put up a fence in the back yard and since then, alas, no baby turkeys.

coastwalker get with it!  I got my Wyoming Whiskey via Holly S.'s relatives!  All I can say is it is really good to know people with relatives in distant areas!  Well, distant from me.  Smile

tselbs well even though the whole crew has announced it has not trained enough I hope you all have a great race!

wildchild what a course!  Stunning!

enkephalin somehow I never had the hots for Clooney.  Big grin

tetsujin209 I think you may have to go back in time and not get chicken pox as a kid. Sad

Similar to Tramps I figured I better get in my long run while I can.  My original plan was to do 16 this Saturday.  But the "no running in the rain" rule looks like it will take precedence - meaning zero miles on Saturday.  The forecast says today is the best day for some time so I got up early and did 16 today.  Beautiful morning for it too!

For something completely different something on my stove blew and now all the igniters and lights on it are out.  That means no oven until Monday when it can be fixed.  Seems like this will be a good weekend to try out some new restaurants in the area!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Twocat:

Two words:

Barbecue Pizza.

That is all.

p.s.  Ha, of course it isn't.  30 ish untimed, unGarmined minutes to go get a pound of coffee from my dealer.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  Just a quick post to say hi.  Actually, I guess I said, "hello".

I did have a god run, tonight, too.  I haven't done any speed work since before Kentucky, so I thought I should do something.  So I did my 12 miler tonight alternating speed and "recovery".  It went like this: 7:18--6:18--7:08--6:18--7:05--6:23--6:48--6:25--7:09--6:25--7:12--6:21.  The weather was perfect for a run and it felt great.

Okay--I really have to go.  See ya!

Maniac 505

easy 4 for me as I start my week off.   My air conditioner died today.  estimate is $1500 for repairs.  Sad  I can handle it but I am not happy about it.)

RE: shingles.  I have also heard it can be horribly painful but usually not really serious.  At my last physical I asked my doctor about the vaccine.  He said, with my medical plan,  if I wanted one now (age 59) it would cost a couple hundred dollars.  next year it is free.

Mike E

MM #5615

By the way...I've been wondering this all day...what's a "Daiies"?