Masters Running

Friday, June 11 Runs and stuff (Read 556 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!

Brinkley is fine - he was all curled up on my lap this morning seeing as we didn't venture out for a run.   Sleep was more appealing today.  I only work until noon then have plenty to do to get ready for camping.  DH has entered his Cushman in a classic motorcyle show, so that is where we will be.

Walt - if you want to e-mail those picture to me this morning, I'll try to post them.    I'd love to see your work too!  mkaiser at harborfront dot com

Enke - do you like to do jigsaw puzzles?   I've got a good link for those too.    What can I say, it is really, really, really slow at work lately and I can only drool on my keyboard so much before having to replace it.

Wannabe - I finally saw the picture yesterday - what a cutie!    My oldest was/is a tomboy too, so a dress was always a big deal.

Have a great day all!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Here's Walts table for those who haven't looked at the end of Thursday daily.

Beautiful!

3 recovery miles at 10:03 pace.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

I look my best blurry!

That is amazing Walt! You are so talented!

I think I will run today.  I don't want to break my streak but I will have to wait and see.  My son was in a terrible trampoline accident yesterday.  I posted it Off The Beaten Path.  I am wiped out.  Maybe I'll perk up later.   It is a good morning.  DS is sleeping at home in his own bed.  I barely slept.  So glad he is breathing and here with me.  

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

{{{{Wannabe and your son}}}}   How terrible!   I hope you are able to get some rest.

Walt - that table is absolutely gorgeous!!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

wannaberunner----just hold on to him tightly and I know you will. Scary indeed and a reminder we never want as to how precious each minute can be. Hang in there

Early run for me again and have to head out in a few for work. 4.2 miles with some striders. The kiddo signed up for cross-country at the high school orientation day yesterday. It's official---just trying to be non-chalant, but happy to add cross-country to my hockey mom label.

Walt---the table is gorgeous. The detailed work on the legs and the striping (I am sure that's not the right wood word) on the surface is beautiful. Well done and I can see why the clients loved it.  

Too busy to watch this video y'all are drooling over so I'll be glad when 6 pm rolls around and I can circle back.

Okay ladies.  We men have been patient and quiet while you all have drooled for 2 days over that video.  Enuff I say!  Don't make me go find a video that the men might like ...

Wannaberunner, that is so scary.  My GS's have a trampoline and they jump together all the time.  I need to talk to their mom.  I'm glad your DS is expected to recover from what could have been bad.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Wannebe......glad to hear your son is doing okay.    My son many years ago "bottomed out" on a trampoline where the springs allowed him to hit the floor ( he is a "big" boy).  He was doing a front layout at the time and the impact split open his breast bone.  Thankfully no serious damage was done because of where he hit.

Walt......that table looks long.   It really is a beautiful piece of furniture.

Breger.......I was thinking the same thing........there HAS to be some other "good" exercise tapes of interest to men available

I did my 3.68 miles last night and was cautiously optimistic from the report my friend gave me in regards to her son.

ETA.....I JUST got a text message that he got a call for a job interview this morning.....faster than what I had projected would happen.   

It is Friday and this is going to be a long work day for me with plenty to do.   Most of the other people working here have already gone for the weekend.   Why didn't I get that memo?

Congratulations Boston Celtics!

Have a great day.

Vista
                Slo

Hey All !

A great start to the day. A very brisk but suprisingly easy 5.5 miles for me this morning. Very Humid.

1st Bike commute from the new address today. 6.43 miles.......took 26 mins.

Wannabe......Sorry to here about your DS but glad to know he's alright. Sounds like he'll have a very tender face for awhile.

Walt......A true craftsman. Very nice work.

Tammy........I get the feeling we're a little boring for Trent but I did enjoy having him here.

I'll check back !

dg.

good morning!

I'm going to try to do a better job of keeping up.  

Mary, have fun!    so glad Brinkley's ok.

oh! oh!  I could've run with Byll!  : )   

Walt that is just beautiful.

Kristen, how scary.   ((((( )))))   I think maybe it's a good day to rest & spend time with your DS....

Karin, Smile.   Way to go for the kiddo.

ack out of time again.      I'm happy about my run this morning.. plan called for 5 easy, & it actually was.  easy has been hiding for a while.   ended up with 6.02, av. pace 9:53, max 8:20.  ahr 165, max 177.  7  30-40 second fartleks, about a 3-5K pace (per plan ;-) ).   miles were 10:10, 9:55, 9:39, 9:34, 9:58, 9:57.      so nice to have it be fun again!!!!

Dave59

Good morning.  It's my last day of vacation and now I know why people keep so busy on vacation.  If you don't, your mind starts wandering back to work and wondering how things will be on your return.

Wannbe - I checked out your story and I hope your son recovers quickly so he can enjoy the summer.

Has anyone used a calf compression sleeve for calf strain?  Now that I have had this problem twice this year I have started surfing the web for ideas and using one seems like a popular choice.  For now I'll take some time off from running but when I start back maybe it would be worthwhile for the extra support.  Just in case I start back too soon (not that anyone would ever do that.) 

lamerunner

Good morning. I ran about 9 pretty sproinky miles this morning. Yesterday's unplanned rest day was actually somewhat helpful.   Did swiss stability ball crunches last night too.  90 reps; tried to work on technique.

CNY, that is great your DS signed up for XC! It has been good for my DD. She should get going on her summer running soon but is resting her shins after track season.  i would like my DS to run in middle school; no soccer team at his school.  He does many sports though; we shall see.

Wannabe, hope your DS is ok.  My DS fell out of a tree a few weeks ago; we did the ambulance  and ER routine and it was very frightening.  You don't want to let them out of your sight after those things. You may want a rest or very easy day. 

...dave//.......I had used a

smaller size neophrene knee brace for calf strain..

..worked pretty well, 

but it still takes a while to heal up, calf strains are ornery injuries....

=========

I added

what I THOUGHT

was a mild set of lunges yesterday,,,,

,,,,,turns out The Leg had a different opinion on that subject.....

..........20min xbike standing this morning,

usually fixes it, we'll know by nightfall

still trying to find out what I CAN do and what I CAN'T

this could take awhile.

I'm not that Bright.

...............................good running guys...............hoping Your Body Parts agree with Your Ideas.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Wow Walt, that table is stunning. Love it! And yay Celtics! But they're keeping me up too late at night! I was too tired at the gym this morning.

So, I ran in the rain last night. 5.1 miles @ 8:53 pace.

This morning:

Standing press 95x5x3: Felt very weak and tired. I lifted 107.5 last week. I think the DB snatches and swings yesterday combined with getting to bed after midnight killed me.

Pull-ups: 30 reps over 7 sets. Got 7 reps in the first set which was good. I'm down a couple lbs so not sure I'm getting stronger, I just don't have to lift as much.

Weighted dips 25x8, 25x5, 25x4, BWx8

No run. Legs felt heavy and tired. 12 planned for tomorrow morning before DD's 8am soccer game.

jtv

Wannabe - glad to hear DS is ok.  Take it easy today.

Walt - what a beautiful table.

5 easy miles this am in 46:30.  A few dipped into the 7:00's.  Surprised my legs felt sproinky after Wed's speedwork.  I guess it shows what a rest day in between will do.

Enjoy your day everyone!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

tom - say hi to arthurr

========================

biggest night of the year for barefoot runners in Seattle with the annual designation of the Fremont 5K as a RunningBarefoot Run.  Bare feet are coming in from as far away as Missouri (Barefoot Rick),  Vancouver, WA (down by Portland), Olympia, WA and three or four of us from Seattle. 

===============================

Got  two  spam-mails yesterday on  (1)  harder training and (2) less training.

next thing you know, they'll be saying some shoes are faster than others.

Athlinks -  Train Harder, Go Faster - Extreme Endurance

Runner's World - Train Less, Stress Less, Run Fasters!

===============

ETA jtv - you still comin' out here this summer?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)