Masters Running

My brother in law Joe and the LA Marathon (Read 258 times)

King of PhotoShop

I am posting this because Robin was kind enough to invite my sister and Joe and their son, young Joe my nephew, to her Boston party and many of you here met him and were so gracious to him and his family.

I wanted to crow a bit in his behalf, as he did the LA Marathon today.  Joe is one of the legacy runners at LA, having run it every year since its origin, and as I have posted here ad nauseum I suppose, he has a daily running streak of over 30 years.  (I forget what he is up to now.)

So today he ran 4:04 at LA, feeling good the whole way, and not pushing anything toward the finish, knowing he had Boston in the bag and not wanting to risk it.

I think a time like that is pretty respectable for any marathoner, but is especially good for a 68 year old man.  Very happy for him and super proud.  Spareribs

wow -- i'd say that's more than respectable!!  congrats to your brother-in-law!!

denise

#artbydmcbride

Very nice!   

Runners run

wildchild

Carolyn

Congrats to Joe for another fine marathon.  Is he a maniac?  Seems like he might be the type, with that 30 year running streak and all... 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

SteveP

Swift and smart. Sweet.

SteveP

Thanks for the Joe update.  He's an impressive runner.

TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

(practicing the new image tool)

I had the pleasure of meeting Joe briefly last year at Boston (seen here chatting with Perch and me before the bus loaded).  A very nice man and speedy runner.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Impressive showing for brother Joe. A tough ol' dude just like his brother. Must be in the genes.

Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
                  Mariposai

I think a time like that is pretty respectable for any marathoner, but is especially good for a 68 year old man.  Very happy for him and super proud.  Spareribs

Yes, we all are super proud of him indeed. What a way to pave the way for us newbie runners. Thanks for posting this Spareribs since it serves us young ones as a bar for which we can aim at.

I celebrete this victory with this awesome runner.

Now...get busy and start imitating him.....

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

What a running streak!  And wow......the picture of him with Holly and Perch......he exudes running.  Congrats, Ribs, to your BIL and thanks.
                      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                      coastwalker

Hi Ribs,

Joe sure can fly! And he looks the part too. What an impressive streak he has - yep, it must be the genes...

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Ribs:   Wow!   Congrats. to your brother-in-law!    I wish he'd join the forum so I could pick his brains!  

BTW, I am practicing what you suggested, and taking faster smaller steps.   Thank you for the advice.  Woods Lady