Masters Running

Happy Sunday 12/09 (Read 344 times)

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

That sounds fun Jay I hope the was ice cream in the med tent. How is DrJ? When Mom and Dad got home from church we. Went to go run run run!! The whole world was covered in ice cream!! I could eat as much as I wanted and Mom didn't say loud words at Dad. We went inthe woods but I didn't find any critters to make go run run run. There was lots of sticks, but I had ice cream

Sniffing Butts, Tag

So Ribs, it still seem inconclusive whether it was the BP med or not.  Better safe than sorry and I am glad you went to the med tent.

Nice Half racing everyone!  I hope I can get up to that distance in the next year.  Touch wood, my chronic tight calf problem has disappeared for the time being, so maybe I can do more than 6 or 7 miles soon.

I did 4.2 miles in my new tights, gosh, I luv them so much, they make me faster too, not sure how that works.....mental I guess.

Then home to pick up DD who wanted to do 2 miles today with me.  So we went out, with the dog too, and the first mile we ran most of it (she runs much faster than me!).  But, it was 40F, windy and raining and she had shorts on and after a mile her thighs were painfully red and cold, lobster red and she whined the rest of the way back, which we mostly walked.  Still, I think we may do a holiday 5K run in Kirkland next weekend together (plus the mutt) and I will make sure she is dressed properly.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

lamerunner

Greetings! Happy weekend  ( and I guess Hannukah for some). Back in ski mode though the north country needs snow... DS had a soccer game Friday night ( indoor), so we got up north late. Saturday I skiied the morning ( drizzly but soft snow)  then drove down the road to "Pinkham B" road, a hilly mostly dirt road which kind of cuts the corner from Route 16 to Route 2 near Randoph NH.  I parked and ran up the road toward Randolph, way hillier than it ever seemed  driving, and even more rutted.... I ran all the way over to near Route 2 then picked up the Presidential Rail trail and rain toward Gorham for a while..11-12 miles total.. Tough run after skiing but nice.   DD is around and we had a nice dinner; i cooked veggie lasagna and the kids had a great time; I loaded her up with groceries.

Today again i did not get up super early  and just as well. Snow at Wildcat was rock hard ice... yuk. Skiied a little then left at lunch and went to a dirt road ( gated this time of year)  and ran a very plesant somewhat hilly 8 or so.  Kind of an early season oportunity; that area is usually ice/snow and full of snowmobiles.

Great Half for you Karin!! I am amazed at your consistent speed. Enjoy California..

Just time for a quick review and am happy it was nothing major, Ribs.

Cool about your kids running with you, Enke.

Nice racing, Tramps and Karin.

Another Avenger Doggie sighting!

After meeting with my boss and clients yesterday morning, I went to Karen's office to meet up with her for a run.  I walked in and she says, "Hey, Kate's still on Skype.  She has a question for you."  So I sit down in front of Karen's computer and Kate says, "Do you remember the name of the place we stayed at in Squaw Valley?"  Me: "YOU GOT IN!!!"  And she and I started hootin' and hollerin'.  She got into Western States again.  YEA!!!!!  And Glen, the guy who paced her in 2010, has agreed to pace her this time around, as well, so the whole gang's going back!  I'm so excited!!

Needless to say, yesterday Karen and I had a good run.  Since we got a late start, we kept it easy and ended up with 14 instead of 15.  Today was a rest day, and it was so beautiful today that after church, Shorty and I went to the beach for a couple hours and collected shells and rocks.  It was a nice day.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

S

I did 4.2 miles in my new tights, gosh, I luv them so much, they make me faster too, not sure how that works.....mental I guess.

Then home to pick up DD who wanted to do 2 miles today with me.  So we went out, with the dog too, and the first mile we ran most of it (she runs much faster than me!).  But, it was 40F, windy and raining and she had shorts on and after a mile her thighs were painfully red and cold, lobster red and she whined the rest of the way back, which we mostly walked.  Still, I think we may do a holiday 5K run in Kirkland next weekend together (plus the mutt) and I will make sure she is dressed properly.

what a great news about your DD wanting to run today 

Ribs, great AG, even while visiting the med tent!

Karin, how cool that you met our own Ileneforward!

11 miles wave run for me this early morning! A few miles with my running buddie!, the best part  of this cold, windy and snowy run.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Ribs - scary, but I'm glad you gave us more details.  Good that you had it checked out.

Nice racing and running today - and CNYrunner, you always amaze with your super-speed - awesome!

16 miles for me on Sunday, slow and lackluster, don't know why, but there it is.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."