Masters Running

Mon Boomaster Runs 01/07 (Read 661 times)

The Jogger

Morning Gang, did a 5 miler this morning, although the cold has come back a bit ie headcold, it was still a nice easy refreshing run. I had my french course on the mp3 and managed to get in a couple of lessons, not surprising at the pace I jog Smile One of the things I like about the running log here, is you can look at others routes with the hybrid map, gives a better idea of peoples environment. Anyway 5m 56:07 @ 11:13pace 67% gentle enough. Good Runs All Roy
      Good Morning all---Hello Roy! 4.2 mile shakeout run at 9:15 pace. 5:20 AM 34F, icy roads---Legs a bit stiff from yesterday's 18 miler, but otherwise all systems fine. Coffee cup curls now and weights and abs work later tonight. Have a great day CNYrunner

GreenMan

Good Morning Roy and CNY, Wonderful Rest day, jjj
        Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Good morning Roy and CNY. Nice gentle one like roy's. 3 Magical Healing Miles with (for) Tory @10:45 pace, AHR 135, 69%. Then planks and hamstring strengthening.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! No run for me today – x-training instead: weighted squats, dead lifts, leg lifts w/ankle weights face-up and face down, lateral raises, dumbbell curls, triceps extension, 12-minute ab-core workout video. The beauty of Exercise TV is that I get to do a different video every time. Amazing all the different (sadistic) ways they have to work your core. Off to register DD for first grade before work. Happy Monday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning Roy, CNY, jjj, Holly and perch. Nice runs and hope you have a nice rest day jjj. It was really warm out yesterday, so me and 3 other cycling buds rode outside...felt really good being outdoors riding in upper 50 degree weather....got in about 52 miles. Tonight will be the night I test my calf out on a short 2 or 3 mile run....wish me luck as I am excited Big grin Have a great day boomasters!!! Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

anachrotech

Nice runs already - A rather balmy 60 degrees this morning - a nice 4 miles in 44. Smile Good runs all.

Tag

I actually ran yesterday but never got a chance to post about it. Since I'm not running today I'll tell about yesterday's run. I went 15 miles on mountain trails. I took my cell phone camera with me and took a few photos along the way which are on my blog. The only real interesting thing was while running down a moderately steep trail I passed a lady walking who yelled out to me "You shouldn't be running. These trails are wet and slippery. You could fall." Of course, if I waited until the trails were dry, I would never run them since they are almost always damp. I thanked her for her concern, told her I did this all the time, and kept running. Tag
                    Good morning Boomers. Fog as thick as pea soup here again this morning but at least it's relatively warm out. We've lost a lot of snow cover in the last couple of days. Opted for the treadmill at the Y because of the safety issues running on the streets in thick fog. 4.5 miles in 40 minutes. Slow start this Monday, as my right ankle has been bugging me my last two runs. Weighed myself on the "official" scale - still holding at 123. Must have been that extra large serving of ice cream I had Saturday night... Good Monday runs, everyone.
                      Morning, all! Roy - nice kickoff this fine Monday morning! Sorry the cold is returning. Tim - hope that calf behaves itself for your run - good luck! {{{{{jlynne's ankle}}}}} It was in the 40's here this morning, but I had already prepared for a treadmill run, so I vegged out for 6 miles while watching the latest political stuff. I'll be so glad when the elections are all over. 12 MP miles yesterday on the track. I wasn't feeling very sproinky yesterday - I think DH and I have been fighting off the same virus. I was totally bummed to discover that our Great Harvest Bread Company went out of business over the holidays. I am so addicted to their whole grain breads. There's another store 28 miles from my house - I may have to make period trips for a bread fix. In the meantime, I pulled a few bread recipes off the internet and will experiment until I come up with something I like. If anyone has a wholewheat/whole grain recipe they would like to share............. My experimental loaf yesterday wasn't bad for a first attempt, but it was too much for my Kitchenaid mixer - I had to stop during the mixing and divide the dough as it was coming over the top of the dough hook. Good runs to all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Sounds like some of you are having good runs. Tag did 15 yesterday, but it's always warm down there in 'Bama. And anachrotec enjoyed our unseasonable temps today. I was sorry to miss running outside in the high-50s weather this morning (on its way to a record-breaker), but wanted to rest my still-sore leg (I'll ask about this in a separate thread). So it was a day for working out and strength-training inside. Advertisement sign at the rec center: Try group personal training! Oxymoron, anyone? Smile

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Tramps

Easy 5.2 @ 8:46. Spring-like here.

Be safe. Be kind.

Dave59

I had a good workout at the gym this morning as I continue adjusting to being 49 years old. Smile I'll hit the roads for a run tomorrow if it isn't too wet out there.

Marathon Maniac #957

Sue - you can always make the drive, buy a bunch of loaves, and freeze them. Good, whole-grain breads freeze well, I find.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild sorry to hear your runs are getting snowed. Well, not really. I have a ski trip coming up and snow in the Rockies would be very nice. evanflein you are one tough chick is all I can say! Let me see 16.4 miles outside until it is too dark to continue on and then another 2.6 on the treadmill to "finish up." Of course, all this is done in freezing cold weather along roads where you need to dodge not just cars but moose as well! My 10.25mi@8:17 was in relatively tame conditions. Nice out actually as a warm front of some sort has settled over CT for the next few days. It was nice to do a fast paced run today as a counter to my not so hot race yesterday. I also think my MP3 player has a mind of its own. I was feeling bummed out about my race yesterday around the start of the second mile of my run today. Then on came Tubthumping (" I Get Knocked Down But I Get Up Again") by Chumbawamba. It was my "theme song" after I recovered from Achilles tendon injury until I finally managed on my real third attempt to get my BQ. Tubthumping is still on my MP3 player, normally though I just do not really notice when it comes on. Today it got me moving again. Nice job apparently conscience MP3 player! Wink

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/