Masters Running

Mon Boomaster Runs 01/07 (Read 661 times)

SteveP

That's a nice option! My 18 mile loop takes me by a lot of "bailout" points...Mile 5 is Lowe's (nice warm entryway), Mile 8 is DH's office, Mile 11.5 is my parents' house, then it's almost 7 miles to home. And I always do long runs with my phone. Yesterday, DH figured I should be done by 2.5 hours (for 18 miles, isn't he cute) so he came looking for me, I didn't even have to call!
    When I'm out too long, DW, reviews life insurance policies. Isn't she cute?

SteveP

Gym day for me--I ran the inagural "Running From an Angel" marathon at Lake Mead in Nevada Saturday. Windy day but not the predicted downpour, thankfully. grins, A
      Masters 2000 miles
        An hour run this lunch hour. Felt pretty good considering I was such bad shape yesterday. Luckily I was on a high since as soon as I came in and checked my emails I had one from our mediator that advised me that my wife has decided to not continue mediation and take me to court Dead The mediator told her we were only weeks away, but no my wife does not want to go back. I sent her an email asking her to reconsider for the children's sake but she called me and blasted me instead. So all I can do is hold my head high and say to myself that I did everything I could to try and make it work. I hope I can keep the same mind frame in the months to come. It's becoming hard to stay level headed and not mean spirited. Give me strength my friends. Sad Tall but still living each day as best I can and with gratitude for what I have.

Recent Best times: None recently

Wow....Tall.......certainly sorry to hear that. Keep your head high and your spirits there too. Keep smiling and resist the urge to blast back. Run a lot! Our thoughts and prayers are with you, friend. On another note, I am looking forward to hearing about Holly's DD when she arrives in school. That is going to provide a lot of chuckles I am sure. Just keep us posted Holly. A beautiful day in Virginia......68 degrees.
          Vista
            Sorry Tall, that just sucks. Erika, I think Holly is right, a few minutes break isn't going to ruin the effects of your LR, but what do I know? I have another split I do sometimes on a LR. I will run outside for 8-10 miles, then hop on the statinary bike so that I can hydrate easily, spin for about 20 minutes keeping my HR in a good zone, then get back on the TM for another 3-6 miles. This split helps rest and stretch my achy lower back. My heart is getting a good long workout, and I can stretch the total cardio I do to 3 hours this way, without 3 hours of pavement pounding. I did 6.2 miles today, windy and 2C. No rain. Really slow 10:49 pace. I felt like I was going faster, but the darn Garmin never seems to lie.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Yesterday, DH figured I should be done by 2.5 hours (for 18 miles, isn't he cute) so he came looking for me, I didn't even have to call!
              Hey, DH will go a long way to pick up a pretty gal. Oh, wait -- you meant your DH, not our own legendary DH! Big grin

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

morning all. Rest day/taper here. Did a 12 miler yesterday w/ 2x4 @ MP which went well and 7 miles ez the day before. Still snuffly but I don't think this cold is going to get any worse. Evryday, how's your cold doing? Tag, what a thoughtful woman you encountered! Roll eyes (((DarkHorse))) Aamos. Great to see you posting more. And.... race result? Smile After a particularly carpy past week, this week shows promise. Still taking the bus because my car is in the shop and have to climb a big hill from the house to get there. This a.m. I was running late as usual, but the bus saw me coming up the hill and waited for me as I ran up with briefcase, lunch bag, purse and coffee thermos. I'm sure I was quite a sight. I was so thankful and told him so. A while later I had my opportunity to give back -- bus stopped downtown and the driver asked if anyone spoke Spanish. I was getting off but no one piped up. So, I helped translate for a woman trying to figure out how to get to the airport. Good karma working. Made my day.

jules2

Got home from work a 15 minute power nap and then hit the tarmac, it was dark, it was cold, it was windy but it was fun. 4.8 miles in 37.47, slow for me but three excuses the best one of which involved me finding a mobile phone glinting in the dark in the grass. Luckily I had to run by the Dwarf's shop so I ran in gave it to her and tasked her with the job of finding the owner. Maybe the phone was lost by a handsome young prince who will sweep her off her feet so I can get the spare room back. As mentioned before I've had major problems with my achilles and I get bored with stretching so as a sustitute I've been using a road bike innertube doubled up and looped over my knee and the ball of my foot. I've had to tie a knot in it to get the right tension but at least I can now eat and stretch at the sametime. Multi tasking or what, next step is to work out a system so I can think and work at the sametime

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

munchkn883

What a great walk today with my survivor friend. We walked 3.5 in shorts! The weather is wonderful...can't believe it's January and we're wearing shorts.
                      Still snuffly but I don't think this cold is going to get any worse. Evryday, how's your cold doing?
                      Glad your cold is not getting worse. My cold is doing just fine...thanks for asking. Still hacking around abit. I've not missed a scheduled run as of yet, although yesterdays LR was tough. Thank you for helping the woman on the bus.
                      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                      wildchild

Carolyn

Hey, Dark Klutz, your post made me realize an advantage to being short - when you're klutzy you don't have as far to fall! Hope your leg gets better soon. Tall - stay strong. You're not a mean-spirited person, so don't let your soon-to-be ex turn you into one. Teresa - way to go on the "short" 4 mile run! I remember not so long ago when 4 miles seemed long for me too. I still can't fathom an "easy 18 miler" like some folks here do, but in time I'll get there too, and so will you. Holly and Steve, its great that you can run loops from your house to make up a long run. When you stop at home are you ever tempted to cut the run short, though? One nice thing about a long loop or out-and-back is you're committed to the distance. My problem with loops from the house is that I live on a dead end road at the bottom of a long hill, so any stops at the house involve climbing the hill again. Once I'm past the hill, though, there are several loops I can link in the neighborhood, and I can stash water so I don't have to carry it. 5.8 miles at lunchtime in 60 minutes - a relatively warm 39 degrees today, but I could feel the temperature dropping as I finished up. A cold front is coming, and snow is predicted by evening. Good runs, all. Life is good!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Hey, Dark Klutz, your post made me realize an advantage to being short - when you're klutzy you don't have as far to fall! Hope your leg gets better soon.
                          Hehehe. You said what I was thinking... what DH lacks in grace, he makes up for in brains and humor. (this from someone who slightly strained a hamstring not running but in a bathroom slip last week. Wink)
                          Teresadfp

One day at a time

Teresa - way to go on the "short" 4 mile run! I remember not so long ago when 4 miles seemed long for me too. I still can't fathom an "easy 18 miler" like some folks here do, but in time I'll get there too, and so will you. quote> Thanks, Carolyn! I hope so - it sounds so far! Hey, you're an engineer like me! Was your dad an engineer? I always ask women engineers that, because that's the case about 8 times out of 10. My dad is still an engineering professor - I had him for two classes in college. I was happy that he was an excellent teacher and well-liked! I made sure I worked very hard in his classes.
                            bap

Interesting evening run that took in - a tour of London Docklands a long run along an unlit canal towpath that included bridges that were built for horses rather than people (I had to run with my head down) and sections of cobblestones - seeing a fox in one of the most urban, densely populated areas of London if not the western world - getting lost in the dark in the middle of the east end - getting stuck at a maze of pedestrian crossings 8.8 miles at 10 minute pace, average heart-rate 125 bpm (70%).

Certified Running Coach
                              Crocked since 2013

SteveP

Hang in there Tall. We're pullin' for ya'.

SteveP