Masters Running

Fridaily, 4.27.18 (Read 43 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thursday’s workouts:
    RunnerKSA (3.1 TM miles)
    C-R (EZ 10K)
    Tramps (5 sunny morning miles)
    Dave59 (2 mile gym TM warm-up + weights)
    Holly (5 miles in 40-ish temps)
    Fatozzig (4 post-work miles)
    Tomwhite (50 min PoolRun with letters)
    Pfriese (EZ 6 miles)
    Spacityrunner (3.1 EZ afternoon miles in IRC)
    Rochrunner (20 miles bike ride with new ice cream place stop)
    Surly Bill (6 miles, including 5K tempo at 7:30 pace)
    Mike (6 EZ post-work miles)
    Jlynne (4.5 run/limp morning miles)
    Deeze (5.2 mid-afternoon miles on sluggish legs, in greta weather)
    StarrRuns (pre-dawn windy run/walk)
    Evanflein (4.6 hilly evening miles + 1.1 miles for the truck)

I did 7.3 pre-dawn RW miles, feeling very slug-like for the first few miles, but eventually sort 'a getting in to it.

Sorry, that's all I have time for - gotta go. More meetings today - weekend company coming tonight.

Have a greta Friday, and big grins and tailwinds to all who are racing this weekend.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Happy weekend, y'all.  Thanks, Jay.

Got outside on a beautiful fall morning (oh, wait)- 43 degrees and sunny.  3.1 miles.  Leg tight but seemed a little better at the end.   Off to the airport for a weekend in PA to see friends and my son.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Dave59

Struggled through 4 miles this morning. Felt very tired. I've been working a lot and doing many tasks that have a big impact so I think the stress is getting to me. I was going to take the day off but stuff came up that had to get done so I'll save my mental health day for some later date.

I hope to run longer tomorrow even if it is glacier like.  I'll judge it by time rather than distance.

Henrun

After several days of increased Achilles pain I was able to slowly run 2.2 miles. We finally have spring and the flora are blossoming.. Heat coming next week for a couple of days.

Enjoying my new shoes (Saucony Kinveras) with added heel inserts for relieving Achilles pain- comfortable and light.

After several days of increased Achilles pain I was able to slowly run 2.2 miles. We finally have spring and the flora are blossoming.. Heat coming next week for a couple of days.

Enjoying my new shoes (Saucony Kinveras) with added heel inserts for relieving Achilles pain- comfortable and light.

I like my Kinvara7. The low heel cup helps by not rubbing against the achilles much. They could use some more cushion, but good enough for up to 1hr runs. I ran in them yesterday. Someone mentioned the achilles taping videos the other day, taping might help you recover a bit faster because it limits the movement of the achilles, like wearing The Boot but with your regular shoes.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Unfortunately, I don't deserve to be on the daily review.  I forgot that the ladies were getting together last night to celebrate a friend's 72nd birthday, AND yesterday she had her last required colonoscopy, so there's that positive with aging.  I ended up eating too much, but it was a great time.  Just sittin' around chatting and catching up.

The Hub drove me out of bed earlier than I had anticipated (snorting), so I got in my 30 min of core/ST and was at work by 7:30.

Starr - I'm guessing May 11 on your snow melt.

Okay - Gotta get to it.  Enjoy ~~

One of my favorite quotes:

“The voice of caution knows nothing of real joy. What joy is there in doing what you know you could do? Try something you could fail at… that might just be living”.  (Neale Donald Walsch)

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

bioguy

Hi all,

I took the day off from teaching to stay off my feet a bit and get my truck to the shop ($205.00 laterTomorrow morning I'll be running the Salisbury Marathon; its a first year race which I know can be a bad experience, but it looks like these folks have their act together. I've never run a marathon with a small field; pretty sure there are fewer than 400. There's a half that starts at the same time so the first 13 will be a little more populated. Course is very flat and temps should not be too bad.

Good luck to anyone racing this weekend; I think MikeE will be in Delaware Sunday.

Tailwinds

Happy Friday Masters!!

I slept in until 8am!!!! wow did that feel crazy good!! I didn't get to bed until 11p which is late for me so it felt great not having to set an alarm this morning. I was so pumped last night helping out at the send-off for the Men's ACTS retreat, then the women's mission team I am on had a great meeting. Two weeks to go and we will be on retreat in Maine helping their parish get started with ACTS retreats.

5 minute warm-up on the arc trainor followed by a tough Body Pump class!! It had been almost 2 weeks since I took a class and I could feel it!!

Stayed and did another 15 minutes or so of core and abs. Then it was so beautiful out I FINALLY took my Rosie out for her 1st outdoor bike ride of the season -- heck who am I kidding, it was my FIRST ride of 2018. My poor bike has been sitting on the indoor trainor with no rider all year!! It felt great to be back outside - took it easy and found a cool development with no traffic so my speed wasn't great, but I just needed the confidence building of getting an hour in the saddle out on the roads again!!

Now I am in high gear cleaning mode and just took a short pause to post - back to cleaning!!

Enjoy your day!!

denise

Tramps

Be safe. Be kind.

pfriese

Another easy 6 mile run to the park & back for me today.

Paul

dg.

Hi all.

Not running right now so not much to say!   Will just walk for a little while & hope that helps my back, along with the pt exercises... (which I've been doing all along).   Couldn't have anything to do with the 12 boxes of vinyl plank flooring i've been toting around.  This morning was so so beautiful,  45 min. walk post the usual pt2.   Met a 10 month old golden named Abby, awww.

hugs back, marj, & to everybody, also just because.

Jeanne fingers crossed for your MRI results.  Have been wondering about that.

Nancy I hope your turbo charged knee fixing works!!

Erika, I hate it that you have to dodge traffic.

soft breezes and cool temps for the weekend racers.

oh.  I also smile bigly at tw's posts : )

hugs to Holly & peace to all.

for somebody that doesn't have much to say I sure typed too much!

happy daze

catwhoorg

Labrat

5 at lunch, no storms today.

then a Parent teacher conference for DD.

Behavior bad, but academics at 99th percentile.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Zero as I nurse an angry achilles...again. If I'm going to run track races this summer, this is my new life; fast workout followed by 2 days of no running, then ease back into it with an easy, moderate, hard, easy, then speed, two days off, etc. If I can get my 1500 time down where I want it doing this, I'll just throw in the towel and do some ultras.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, my first, "short" trip to what will be my next unit ended last evening (I travel back on Sunday).  Had a quick bite then went to bed.  Actually have only walked the last two days, and my knee seems (I hope) to be responding.  So I'll try and not run on it for a couple more days.  Did walk a bit today, not sure how far but in the neighborhood of 3 or 4 miles.

More walking tomorrow.  And will be riding in the "Tour de Pickle."  Just south of us is Mount Olive.  You may have seen their most famous product in your grocery store.  I did their 5k last year for a "running pickle" shirt (to keep my running watermelon shirts company).  As for the distance, I signed up for the 53 mile option.  Not a race, so should be a fun ride.

Have a great night everyone!

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I'm just checking in to say hi and report that I ran 5.8 miles, tonight.

Good luck, tomorrow, bio!

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!