Masters Running

Monday 6/17 Daily (Read 46 times)

Tramps

Good morning, folks.  Hope you all had a good weekend.  I know Paul and Erika did (congrats!) with an AG win in the half and some amazingly steep hills and 2nd place on that 50K.

Lynden—shooting for a 3-hour run in June?  What are you training for?

Tallrunner, Tallships.  Seems appropriate.

Mari—has raised a monster.  50K already!

And Holly had a well-deserved weekend away, too. Sounds nice.

10K total for me this morning; 1 warm-up mile, 4 tempo (7:15-ish), 1.2 jog/walk recovery.  It went pretty well, especially given the warm and humid weather.

Have a good week!

Be safe. Be kind.

King of PhotoShop

Drove over to Andy Brown Park and as soon as I got there the skies opened up, so I went home.  Waiting for it to clear and will go out later.

Today I wrote a story about the 1978 Jersey Shore Marathon for those of you who remember the popular marathons back then.

http://runningblog.dallasnews.com/2013/06/run-the-1978-jersey-shore-marathon-with-me.html/

Spareribs

Easy 3 miles today...training for The Light at the End of the Tunnel in July...I will still be woefully under trained, but I'm hoping I can finish...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        pfriese

Tramps, thanks for the daily start. Way to go Erika on the 2nd place in your 50K! 

I was able to run 6 miles in a light drizzle before the downpour and lightning started this morning. at which point I cut the run short.

lyndenrunner, I know what you mean about being under-trained for Light at the End of the Tunnel. I had hopes of keeping up with wildchild, now I'm just hoping to finish.

Paul

TammyinGP

Congratulations to Paul and to Erika on their respective races.  Erika, that profile makes me believe you are definitely part mountain goat, or at least your climbing legs are! That looks brutal!

Had a fun weekend. Weather was great yesterday so we were able to enjoy a nice lunch on our patio with my parents for Fathers Day. Got in some gardening, some running later in the evening, some relay planning, etc.

Today, David started summer conditioning camp with a large group of MS and HS runners. It's from 7-8:30 so he's up earlier than he needed to be for school. And since we live outside of town about 10 miles, that means, I can't just drop him off and go home and finish getting ready for work, so I'm at work before we open up also. But that means I plan on leaving work early too. fine by me!

Tammy

Dave59

I was at the doctor this morning to see why I still feel like roadkill.  I was told it is just a lingering viral thing and give it another week.  ok.

Annabelle (granddaughter) gave me a homemade bag of snack mix and a homemade drink koozie for Father's Day.  She wrote, "I love you grandpa?" on the koozie.  The question mark cracked me up.  She was so excited to give it to me.  When she leaves for Florida in a couple weeks it is going to be the saddest day of my life.

mrrun

Congrats to Paul and Erika on their wins and to Holly on her hiking w/e.  Dave - soon you'll be passing the roadkill, not being it!

Ran 10 this morning in the HHH with the last 3 being very nasty.

Spent yesterday with one GD at the museum, park, etc and saturday had breakfast with the 7 mo old and parents.

Retirement is a blast!Big grin

marj

Henrun

saturday (inserted by marj after posting)

Congrats to Paul and Erika. While Marj did her hilly and hot 10 I did 5 along the Charles. Sea breezes cooled it off a bit. I'm struggling with the return of some ITB problems but running and stretches seem to help.

Had a wonderful Father' s and Grandfather's weekend.

pfriese a first place AG in the HM!  Congratulations!

evanflein congratulations on the 2nd AG in the 50k!  I do hope those spikey plants are not on your future race schedule!

Tramps good job on the temp run.  I find it really hard to get myself to do those.

Dave59 funny gift from your GD.

mrrrun HHH beats freezing cold in the winter.

If its Monday it must be running from zombies day for me!  Alas, I got caught on the third zombieslek.  Post run I went back and checked my pace for each fartlek (zombieslek) and sure enough I was being a laggard on the third interval.  Those zombies give no quarter!  On the other hand, this is the only way I can get myself to do fartleks and the story line (think books on tape for runners) keep the run interesting beyond whatever is in my phone's playlist.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Forgot to answer Tet's question, yes that indoor waterpark would be absolutely perfect for a 4 year old.

Wow, tunnel marathon soon eh?

Going to be too warm for a run tonight.  That's todays excuse.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

janie b good

2.92 miles for me in sunny, 82* weather.  I was glad to be done.

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

wildchild

Carolyn

Just a brief check-in on the way home from my race in the Bighorns.  The course was beautiful, and I finished in 6:39,  which was 4th of 22 in my AG (50-59).  I'll post a RR in a few days with lots of pictures!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Wow!  Our Masters did some incredible racing this weekend!!

Erika - Sorry, but I had to giggle when I read your comment about the course on Saturday.  That's frigging tough country over there, and my hat's off to you on your placement.  Way to go!!

Dave - Cute gift from your GD.  Sounds like you'll have to be making some trips to Florida soon.

Slept terrible last night, so didn't get up and workout.  Will do so when I get home tonight.  Am keeping the same mileage schedule as last week and will hopefully be able to do the 3 miles on Sunday after 10 on Saturday.  Just gotta watch the hill work and probably not do hills 2x in a week yet.  The tendons didn't appreciate my efforts.

Also today I made the daring move to (1) wear a skirt for the first time in two years, and (2) wear sandals, which equal not a lot of stability.  I don't do a ton of walking at work, and so far things are holding up.  Re the skirt - suffice to say everybody was in shock.  Smile

Okay - Back to work ~

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mustang sally

Bad faerie

I am so not worthy.  What great racing.

All I have to report is a sunshiny harbourfront half hour.  Probably going mountain biking with The Boy tonight.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  Just a quicky to say how bad I feel for Dave.  Make the best of these next two weeks!

6.8 in 50:55.

Okay--gotta go!