Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP, W/E 11/15/09 (Read 302 times)

If you doubt you can accomplish something, then you can't accomplish it. You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through. (Rosalyn Carter)

Will get all the tallies within the next day or two,

Lyndenrunner - 24 fabulous running miles.

Erika - 7.45 miles running, 1.2 miles walking, 2 x weights (1 hr 12 min), 1 hr 30 min. (10.6 miles) elliptical, 1 hr 10 min pool running

Eliz - Marathon Training Week 1:  DONE!  walked 9.3; ran 10.7

Evryday - 27 road miles for the Ev Meister.

Dutchie -

pfriese - 54.5 LARGE miles.  Way to go!

Carol -

dg - .25 miles running, 1 hr 15 min. assorted strength training, lots more walking

fatozzig - 23.1 road miles, 19.1 trail miles, 60 min stationary cycling, 2 hrs core/strength

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Wow, the ides of November already?

Not sure what I'll do which day, but the goal remains to stay on track, without injury,  with the marathon training plan, Week 2.

Monday - ran yesterday, so prolly shoulda XT'd today, but it was 65 degrees outside and I couldn't resist running:  ran 2.7; walked 1.0, and felt greta!

Tuesday - exhausted from being on my feet all day at a choral festival for 200+ 5th-12th grade boys; tonight's XT will be limited to elbow stretches with a glass of wine  

Wednesday - walked 1.0 & ran 2.8 in a light rain; just enough time to get cleaned up and eat before heading out to a rehearsal

Thursday - I feel the same way I did the day I got the flu in September, so I'm doing aspirin, herb tea, chicken soup and REST tonight

Friday - not flu, just a stuffy nose, whew; ran 4.0, walked 1.0 in crazy winds; long run for the week felt good and is finished!

Saturday - ran 2.5, walked 1.0 amid light rain and not-so-light stomach distress - but I got it done for the week!!!

Sunday - a little bit of boardwalk and beach walking as I took pics of where the dunes used to be before Ida swept through town, but no significant mileage

Totals:  ran 12.0; walked 4.0; missed some XT, but mileage for the week is right on track

Thanks, Leslie!

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Mon - Rest

Tues - 30 min cycling OR 3 miles running; core/strength -------------------------- 30 min cycling; 1.25 hrs core/strength

Wed - 10 miles --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 12.5 trail miles

Thurs - Traveling to Conference

Fri - 20 miles ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 20 miles on the America River Bike Path*

Sat - 10 miles ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Conference

Sun - Traveling Home ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 7 treadmill miles

Totals: 39.5 miles running, 30 min cyclying, 1.25 hrs core/strength

*Which is the same path I'll be on for part of the AR50 I am running in April.  Glad I got to get a small taste of what I'll be up against.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Thanks, Leslie. Sure will be glad to see more running miles again. But for now, I guess the XT and rest days will continue. Rats. (actually feeling pretty good these days, just still committed to taking November pretty easy...)

Monday: Rest Day (took DS1 to the doctor after work.... he'll live)

Tuesday: 35 minutes elliptical (4 miles), .25 mile walk (travel day in PM)

Wednesday: (meetings all day in Seattle)

Thursday: 30 minutes (3.5 miles) elliptical, .5 mile walk

Friday: 35 minutes (3.84 miles) elliptical, .34 mile walk; 30 min. pool running after work

Saturday: nothing, I guess it was another rest day

Sunday: 5.16 miles easy pace on the treadmill

Totals: Too many rest days! 5.16 miles run, 11.3 miles on the elliptical (1 hr 40 min), 1.8 miles walking, 30 min. pool running

Monday.......rest..................rest

Tues...........6miles.............6miles

Wed............9miles.............9miles

Thurs..........rest..................rest

Friday.........6miles.............6miles

Sat..............rest..................rest

Sun.............11miles...........12miles

Total....33 miles

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Thanks again Leslie...

Mon-Off

Tue-Off

Wed-5 miles

Thur-2.75 miles

Fri-3 miles

Sat-walk 2 miles

Sun-6.25 miles

Total=17 miles + 2 walking

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
              dg.

thanks Leslie.

see how early I am?  Smile

I still don't have a plan.   I have to start one next week.   can't decide this week...  I want to (both) hit it so i'm better ready for next week, & take a break (though I've just had one!)(but I felt carpy so didn't have fun) before another long committment.  

Erika... good for you.  I think most of us know, that is very very hard to do. 

day      plan   actual
                 mon  

happy dog walk, 1.5 miles, w/1/2 mile run in the middle.

tues    6.06 miles, 9:43 pace not counting a pit stop. 2 or 3 strides. I forget already.
                 wed    
                 thurs    
                 fri    
                 sat  
                 sun  

well, I could fill this in but am so behind everyplace, will just post totals.   made up for the early by being late. sorry!

Run: 27.6 Mi
                Weights: 2:00:00
                Elliptical: 6:00
                walking: 5.0 Mi

thanks Leslie.    Dutchie, I know what you mean about busy but with what!  Some things I know but it seems like i should be able to do better.   Glad to see you're feeling better.

pfriese

Thanks Leslie.

Even without DST, I have been getting my evening runs in before dark. I think I have another week before I have to shorten them up or find a lighted path.

M - rest day

T - 8 miles

W - 9.7 miles

Th - 4.5 miles

F - 5 miles

Sa - 12K race + 1.5 miles of warmup

Su - 5.8 miles

Total - 42.0

Paul

Dutchie42

Jeez, I'm really late to this party. Been very busy but with what

Mon...Runervals 1.0: finally managed to do it as is. No extra walk breaks. It was 5Kin 34:20min this time.. Next time I'll up my speed a little.

Tue....6.7 kilometers on the TM again. First 6 kilometers @9K. (40 min) without walk breaks. last kilometer I increased speed every 200 meters (9.5, 10. 10.5, 11). Not good. Felt very faint after 700 meters and had to stop. I'll do better next week.

Wed...rest day for running, skipped the strength training.

Thu.....nothing to report, but nearly 3 hours of clothes shopping with my boys. Gosh, they are difficult when it comes to clothes/shoes.

Fri......did yesterday's run: 5K on the TM . Listening to Cinemania 2. Loved it! Played with my speed in the last 10 min.

Sat.....First 5K run outside since I got sick. Very slow running. Goal was to keep my avgHR at 150-155. As it happens, avgHR was 151. But I was sooooo slow. Spooky loved to finally be out there with me again. I could've run further. It was good.

Sun....Ran 2 kilometers with both doggies this morning. Had to walk them, might as well put on my running shoes. Spike hadn't been out with me for a while, so 2K seemed just about right for him. Then hopped on the TM for another 11 kilometers. Nice. Added on 20 minutes of LB endurance strength training.

Total mileage: 34.8 kilometers. Not a bad week at all

Eliz: what training plan are you following?

Dutchie
                    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie - Galloway's.  I don't take as many walk breaks as he suggests, but I like the slow mileage build-up and the flexibility of the plan seems to be working for me so far.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com