Masters Running

Fridaily in the wind (Read 42 times)

bioguy

Morning

Thursday recap:

coastwalker 7.73 in dreary conditions

TwoCat- enlightening Austin with a pwerpoint

Dave59- a gusty 5.5 with sleet and trash can lids blowing but degree signs are back

fatozzig- snowed out with no sign of spring

RunnerKSA- bad traffic, no burritos, bad seat, and spilled Coke. 1.5 tm on the positive side

Starr- shoveling cross training

tomwhite- 50 min poolrun

Stumpy- 3.1

anzio- 10 easy

pfriese- rest day

deex4boys- sleep

SurlyBill 5

Falcon 4 in gusty winds

MikeE 7 ez  (thanks for encouragement regarding my attempt with Hanson's plan)

evanflein 3.3 chilly ones

Mariposai biking

Apologies for any omissions or misspellings

I suppose I'm doing 6 easy ones as I begin the Hanson's plan taper.

Tailwinds!

Tramps

Thanks for the start and recap, bioguy.

I guess the Hansons work in mysterious ways. Just ask Desiree Linden!  Speaking of which, interesting little piece on  "The Science Behind How Sportsmanship Helped Desiree Linden Win Boston."

No marathon here; just the usual five on a chilly morning.

B's and Caps win on the same night. Nice. 

Watch out for the weed-heads today!  Have a great weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

Great recap, Bioguy!  Thanks.

2 miles (if I say 2 x 1 mile does it comply with my 1 mile limit?)  treadmill.  Chilly outside and wanted to stay flat.  Hardly worth putting on All The Clothes for 1 (well, 2) mile(s). 

Wine and silent auction event and my daughter's church tonight to benefit a community literacy program.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Dave59

And just like that, my ability to hit Alt 248 to make a degree sign is gone. What in Sam's Hill is going on with my laptop?

Anyway, I went to the park, but just for a very short run (1.29 miles) to stay loose for a 5k tomorrow. A little, local, "Band on the Run 5K". It was 32 this morning and it will be in the 30s tomorrow morning. That will make this April race colder than any of the races in the Winter Series that I ran this year. 

It is a bright, sunny, morning, but when I crested the hill on the way to the park I was faced with a wall of fog in the valley. My run was down in the heavy fog. I guess I could have run up on the ridge in the sun (where I took this picture from), but I wanted a short, flat, easy run.

https://scontent.fric1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/30167229_10215199420194372_7218875201968228099_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=2955c0eb1a13ecfe67e8419be62beb04&oe=5B67FDCA

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thanks for the great recap & start today, Bioguy. I hope your run today is less windy than yesterday's.

Nice chilly outdoor runs this AM, Tramps, KSA, And Dave59. Dave, congrats on yesterday's 3 installs.

Starr, any progress, re: Mr. Starr is a plus. Keep building on that as you can. Bioguy 9s right - shoveling counts as cross-training.

Good job on a first all-run 5K in a while, Anzlo.

Pfrieze - amazing race and race report from Boston!

I went 5.4 EZ RW miles in 36° temps this morning, and after stretching and a shower, walked 2 miles to meet DW and our guest niece at our favorite dive for breakfast.

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Good morning Masters. Thanks for your recap bioguy. That's one of the things I love most about this forum - the way everyone just kind of steps up to keep things going every day.

How's that leg KSA?

Hey Tramps - now that you're running regularly again, any thoughts about increasing your distance? I know you went through some tough times and I know you're biking quite a bit. Was just wondering if going any further would be an option.

Nice picture Dave. That fog was intense!

Jay - what's your favorite thing to order when you go out for breakfast? I was just reading about that huge egg recall due to salmonella.  Hope it's not a veggie omelet!

5 miles this morning in 24° and no wind. The snow piles are gradually melting but it's still too cold at night. I saw on the local news this morning that the temperature for April here has been 10° below average this year. At this rate, the golf courses won't open until June!

All of the good things my dry needling appointment accomplished seemed to be "undone" by 3 days of shoveling wet, heavy snow. Going back for round 2 this afternoon.

Have a great Friday everyone!

I'm doing my exercises and limited running.  I think it's a little better. It's just a little tight and weak.  I can tell it isn't working right because I'm very slow at a high HR.  It feels like it's hitting the ground and propelling me, but it must be of limited utility.  Thanks for asking!  I see the doc again Monday.

How's that leg KSA?

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Finally a Spring run in actual Spring-like conditions! My sluggishness on my 4 miles was no surprise with as little as I've been able to do strenuous workouts lately. Assuming my back doesn't go out on me again later today I'll try another run ion Sunday and maybe even get a bike out.

(And who's this bioguy guy who's upstaging Jay on the recap??)

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

dg.

trial run today.   no running since the 9th, because my back was getting worse, & I realized that after the last 2 runs I could hardly get through the day because of back pain.

that is a drill I know well, so I actually stopped!   this morning it was 32F, only 6 mile winds (Dave59 you might as well be back in MI!) so I thought

I'd give it a try.  It felt so good!  At least for the first 3.  Back to ow ow ow... but anyway, 5 pokey slow (10:44) with hillage & sun & birdies. 
                    Next time I'll do a little less, like I'd planned, & skip the downhills.  the uphills were fine

Hi!  Holly says I don't have to catch up but it's hard being so out of the loop.

Just a couple of things...   more hugs for Starr & Mr.Starr.     Erika, yay for 3!  I have to agree about this group.   I never did hear what happened injury wise to you this time. 

tw you made me laugh.   Kevin, you too.

Tramps, thanks for the link.   how's Tribee?

hi to everyone I don't know.

ya'll be careful out there!

bioguy

Finally a Spring run in actual Spring-like conditions! My sluggishness on my 4 miles was no surprise with as little as I've been able to do strenuous workouts lately. Assuming my back doesn't go out on me again later today I'll try another run ion Sunday and maybe even get a bike out.

(And who's this bioguy guy who's upstaging Jay on the recap??)

Just someone who wakes up early on occasion

Quickadder

Office is closed today - post tax season recovery day replacing the holiday we don’t get at Easter.

Nice cool morning (mid 50s) and I logged 11.2 miles at 9:21 average pace.

Now to catch up with some of the chores I have not had time for the past few weeks.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood! The sun is out and we should get in the mid 60's today. (My condolences to those of you still "enjoy" the white stuff.)

Not sure why, but the cats didn't bother me until almost 3:00 this morning, so i got a good night's sleep.  Then 30 min of core/ST.  I think my chiro came up with a hamstring exercise I can actually do that doesn't irritate my butt issue: Nordic Hamstring Curl.  The guy in the video is much better at it than I am (obviously).  I place a 25-lb. dumbbell weight across the backs of my ankles to keep my feet anchored to the floor.

Okay - Tons to do.  Gotta get going.  enjoy ~~

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Tramps

Jlynne--I'm not supposed to be running at all but I seem to be doing fine at this distance, every other day, at a slow/easy pace. Anything else (longer, faster, more frequent) and my knee immediately starts to ache. So, for now, I'm sticking to this. I want to get a consult with a surgeon later this year when work calms down a bit. I'm not itching for surgery or anything, but would be interested in getting another opinion.

dg--Tribee's plugging away. Her back issues (herniated disk) require close attention--daily stretching, weekly PT, etc.--and limits her running. She can still ride and swim so she's been doing mostly aqua-bikes instead of tri's.

I just re-read this post and, wow, we sound decrepit. 

Be safe. Be kind.

TammyinGP

Morning

Thursday recap:

fatozzig- snowed out with no sign of spring

Leslie - should I be prepared for snow headed my way??  I didn't see that in the forecast 

quite the opposite out here (sorry snowy runners) - should be in the 80's next week!  I may finally be able to safely plant my annuals, till my garden, get seeds in the ground, etc.  I'll probably need to take a day or two off work to get all that done though. 

Had a good chiro appt yesterday. Shin still tender, but he keeps massaging those tendons so right when they start to feel good again, he works on them, then they are sore again for a few days.  But he's seeing good improvement and actually wants me to run 3 days in a row and see how things feel. He said by middle of next week, I should have a good feel for whether or not the 30K is do-able on 5/5.  He still wants all my running on the treadmill, a track or I can do trails but walking the downhills as that is what will send too much impact force into my shin. So he wants me to run uphills or level areas and with a faster leg turnover and harder pace to really get my HR up and cardio fitness rolling again. 

I'm determined to have a productive Friday for a change!  see ya!

Tammy

....... It felt so good!  At least for the first 3.  Back to ow ow ow... but anyway, 5 pokey slow (10:44) with hillage & sun & birdies....... 

..this is WONDERFUL..........

and

just remember-

if it hurts when you DoDat..............DON' DODAT!!!!!!!

...hiya roch.....

==============

...mud run setting up on the soccer fields...

so 35-min ARC work-out...

..........guy next to me wasn't using his hand grips, I tried that and about Killed Myself

..............good Running to Ya.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....