Masters Running

Weightloss Healthy Eating Challenge - Week 4 (Read 369 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, one more week down, and where are we? Surprisingly, given my birthday weekend overeat, I am down a 1/2 lb. Not much, but certainly more than I would have thought. I will say that I am getting pretty good at going directly for a diet soda and carrot sticks when I get home and start cooking dinner, rather than the snack cupboard. Still have the later-in-the-evening snacking to improve on, but I am happy with this small change.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

nice job Holly!! I'm reading Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition guide -- hope to change some habits that way - last night i wanted one more snack and didn't think i consumed all my calories for the day but still split a 100 cal popcorn bag with my son --- gave him half right away so it wouldn't be in front of me..............i need to get better at calorie counting tho down 1lb from last week -- need to stay on this trend now!!

denise

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I've decide that weighing in on Thursday does not agree with me - so I'm going to do it on Friday! If that doesn't work, I will simply throw the stinkin' scale out the window!! Wink I am not snacking at night ..... thanks to my "what would Holly do" and then I do the opposite!! Big grin (Just kidding Holly). I'm also trying to make myself eat something each week that I do not like. I am a terrible eater ..... would much rater eat junk than cut up an apple. This week my new food is cauliflower. Good job this week Holly! I never got to wish you Happy Birthday - hope you had a greta day!! Wow Denise - sharing a 100 calorie bag of popcorn! There isn't much to those as it is. Good job on the 1 lb. loss!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

This week my new food is cauliflower.
          I LOVE cauliflower! I have a head of that in my fridge right now, along with some fresh broccoli. I love to cook them together with just a small amount of water, then at the last minute I put in a thin slice of Velveeta Light. When that melts I toss the mixture, for just that slight bit of cheese flavor. Nice job, Denise!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Oops, since this is my taper week (have a 1/2 on Sat.) I didn't run today, which means I didn't weigh. However, tomorrow is the school BL weigh in, so I'll post then. good job Holly and Denise. "This week my new food is cauliflower." Dead
              Weighed in a 139.1 this a.m., so so far I am holding steady right around 140 +/-. However, I could tell from my run this a.m. that I didn't eat enough fuel yesterday. Denise - I'm going to go look for that book. I have a very hard time getting enough carbs in my diet, and with my new training schedules I'll be getting for this running season, I'm going to have to get it right or it's going to kill me. 9 days and counting before we fly out to Australia for two weeks!! Yea haw!!!

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I just googled that book and I'm going to try and get a copy too. Sure can't hurt!! Big grin

~Mary

~unknown

Dutchie42

Oops, sorry, forgot to weigh in this morning. Holly, make a little change every week. That's all it takes. One step at a time. That's what Ive done and for the first time in about 4 years I'm loosing weight. BTW, after a week of fighting the french fries craving, I caved and had french fries and a big bowl of salad for dinner. It didn't even taste as good as my cravings had me believe.

Dutchie
                  Run the day, or the day runs you.

It didn't even taste as good as my cravings had me believe.
                    Isn't that a bummer when that happens? It's like, "Well, crap! That sucks!" Evil grin

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Help! I need a good low cal pick-me-up for the afternoon. I tend to tank, and did really bad today. I don't want sugar, 'cause that's short lived (although I did just eat a peppermint patty . . . ) I ate a banana at about 2:30 or so, and have been munching on some organic low cal crackers, Mary's Gone Crackers, but none of it helped. And yes, I've been drinking water. Suggestions?

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

I am the same as last week. Should be happy, but am frustrated, 'cause I've been so good with my eating and running even more miles than ever. Calories in/calories burned tell me I should be losing, but it ain't happening. Measurements are eeking down ever so slightly, though. And I just went to the eye doctor for the first time in about 14 months and the assistant, who's known me forever, said I looked fantastic, so I'll take what I can get. Smile Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Prince of Fatness

2/20 - 168.5 lbs. 2/27 - 170.5 lbs. 3/06 - 170.0 lbs. 3/13 - 168.5 lbs. Down 1.5. I did a much better job managing the snacking this week. Now I just need to keep up the good work. Nice job, everyone.

Not at it at all. 

Help! I need a good low cal pick-me-up for the afternoon. I tend to tank, and did really bad today. I don't want sugar, 'cause that's short lived (although I did just eat a peppermint patty . . . ) I ate a banana at about 2:30 or so, and have been munching on some organic low cal crackers, Mary's Gone Crackers, but none of it helped. And yes, I've been drinking water. Suggestions?
                            Leslie - from what i took out of the nutrition seminar - Nancy Clark would say you need a second lunch mid-late afternoon -- not sure what your schedule looks like but she said most of us need to be eating a meal every 4 hours -- i'm going to try and read thru the book for more info this weekend, but basically she has a formula for how many calories you need to eat every day just to live (your weight x 10) and then you add more on for your lifestyle and activity level -- then divide those amount of calories into 4 meals to maintain weight..........then to lose weight -- she says eat less of them at night i don't know - Mariposai read the book awhile back she said -- if anyone else has read it or has any other good tips please share -- think we all have a common problem of getting too hungry mid-late afternoon - evening then sabotage all our good efforts......i really want to break that cycle ....... and i really need to know the calories of what i'm eating -- i've never been good at that so it's time to start!!

denise

Yippee! I was down .7 this week on the school BL contest. So then I promptly ate the school breakfast, 2 waffles and 2 sausage links, and I'll probably have eaten the cereal w/ milk w/in the hour Wink Quick morale booster story: Since I'm turning the big 6-0 soon, I had to renew my driver's license. Not sure when I had to do this last, but I know it's been at least 5 years. The lady says: "It says on your last renewal that you have blonde hair, blue eyes, you're 5' 3 & 3/4" and you weigh 145." Well, I gasped and said "NO! I DO NOT weigh 145, I weigh 135! (like it was her fault for what I weighed back then). I then went on to apologize profusely for ever weighing that much.... Clowning around My 2 cents worth on getting through the afternoon munchies: a fiber one bar The are delicious, filling and high in fiber, low in sugar. One bar will last me for a couple of hours at least. I highly recommend the oatmeal chocolate chip. And one more, (this one's harder).. I try not to eat anything after 5 pm. I have found that I can eat as much as I want before then, including a huge breakfast, lunch and dinner, but if I can just restrain myself after that, I can lose.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Mary's Gone Crackers
                                Hey! I represent that comment!! Big grin I also recommend the Fiber One bars - they are really good!

~Mary

~unknown